Visions of a Summer Breeze - VoP, Hassellhoff inc, & The Summer Wind Faith

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Jupiter, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Reserved for an epic tale.

Please look around, find your horses, and hold on to them. (that means "hold your horses" which in America means "wait")

This story will hit UO:R forums March 2014.

____________________________________________________________________________

And now! I present the construction of the Summer Breeze Ferry System!!!

I apologize in advance for the shoddy compilation of pictures. They are more or less to serve as evidence that most of things in my embellished tale did actually happen. Due to lack of time in Real Life combined with my anxiety to get this story posted, I did not take the time to make lovely photoshopped pictures of this. If anybody wishes to compile my pictures into a more efficient collage, by all means I invite you to.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The construction of a complex ferry system is most definitely not what Borin Drake had in mind when he agreed to accompany Catalin deep into the Caverns of Malum where heartless men train to become executioners.

But the faithful monk, with hammer in hand, followed Catalin into the deep forest, past the Army of Darkness. After the duo significantly reduced the number of potential executioner graduates and recovered over ten thousand gold pieces which were most undoubtedly payment for non-sanctioned executions, they departed to the shrine of Justice to light a candle for their successful excursion.

Upon arriving Catalin sensed Dark Shadows around the shrine. It was clear few had bothered to travel this far into the deep forest to visit and tend to the shrine. As Catalin stepped towards the ankh, with a candle lit to ward off the Dark Shadows, he turned and asked an odd question, “Do you – ” Catalin paused, “Do you hear church bells?”

Borin’s confusion was quickly replaced by reaction when he noticed Catalin falter slightly and caught him before he collapsed entirely. Catalin sat limp and Borin began to ease him down; trying to stave back the worry that was trying to seed itself in his mind.

Then suddenly Catalin burst awake and exclaimed, “FERB I KNOW WHAT WE’RE GOING TO DO TODAY!”

Even more confused Borin replied, “Catalin, you’ve known me for ages, and not once have you called me such a foul name. Whatever do you mean?”

As Catalin regained his senses he rushed to explain the vision that had just opened before his eyes.

“I’ve had a vision of a church across the lake of Justice upon the island. There will be church bells audible from around the world! And there will thousands of pilgrims who travel here to pray to the Summer Winds! But in my vision, I saw no means by which Pilgrims could cross the waters! At first, I was distraught, but then, in my dream I saw the plans for a complex ferry system that would enable even the poorest pilgrim to reach the shores of the center island!”

Borin sat in silence a moment, almost certain he knew what this meant, “You mean to employ my services further to construct this complex ferry system don’t you. But might I ask, do you really believe you can construct this complex ferry system? You were only caught up in this vision for less than two moments. Was that enough time for you to memorize the entire plan?”

“Borin my good friend, It was enough time for me to become inspired. That, is all I need, for the rest I rely on faith!”

And so the two set out to find a suitable area that could serve as a suitable construction site.

Not long after they found a site, Jupiter and Kiln the Dwarf showed up to assist in the endeavor. Kiln acquired the lumber needed for the vessels, and Jupiter provided the supervision, but they still lacked the plans needed to build a reliable ship. They tried arranging the logs in various shapes, they even tried stacking them on top of a piece of paper.

Just when they were about to surrender to doubt of Catalin’s vision and faith, fortune literally filled their sails with hope needed to finish the task! Basoosh, the hand maiden of the most prestigious and industrious ship manufacturer arrived, with the plans to construct no less than twenty of the highest quality sailboats imaginable!

Basoosh quickly whipped the shipyard into shape and in no time the Summer Winds Ferry System was created!

To one and all, I invite you to use the SUMMER BREEZE Ferry to reach the Church of the Sumer Winds!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    Ragar, Hadrian, Baler and 5 others like this.
  2. Jupiter

Story Posted!!!
  3. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Pure awesomesauceness!
    Jupiter likes this.
  4. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Haha, a fine tale indeed! Points awarded for the Phineas and Ferb reference.
    Jupiter likes this.
  5. Jupiter

bump for one of my favorites.
  6. Lestat

Lestat Active Member

Nice to see Jupiter back in the realm!!!!!
    PaddyOBrien and Jupiter like this.
  7. Jupiter

Good to see you're still about as well! Always good to see the familiar names.
    Lestat likes this.
  8. Lestat

Lestat Active Member

I go through my phases, as we all. But I enjoy coming back!!!! Lets meet up soon!