VOP/TGC Quest/Mission: Love in the Spiritwood/Reaper Invasion

Discussion in 'The Salty Dog Tavern' started by Quenby, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Quenby

Quenby Active Member

I was meandering about the Spiritwood today, washing some of my laundry at the pool of water there at the shrine of Spirituality, when I heard an irritated voice yelling, "Hey you, get your dirty undergarments out of these sacred water."
    Embarrassed I quickly gathered my laundry and scurried up off the ledge and stopped dead in my tracks. For standing there was the loveliest lady ever to set foot in Sosaria. Hair billowing in the breeze, torch firmly held in her strong hands, eyes shining brightly with a warmth that would melt Dagger Island. I was too taken aback to say anything.
    Quenby_11-20_13.11.jpg
    She breaks the silence, "What on Brittania are you thinking Sir? Does it not occur to you that this is hallowed ground? Did the 6 sparkles, Shine and Ankh not provide you with any clues that this would not be an appropriate place to wash your laundry?"
    I was still too taken aback to say anything.
    "You have to be the biggest moron in all of Brittania to come across such a place and think "Oh, now HERE is a good place to wash my underwear". I have been living here a long time and met some really big morons, but YOU Sir take the cake."
    I finally muster up the courage to say something.
    "Hello, I am Quenby!", and extend my hand in greeting.
    The maiden leaves my hand hanging in the air and replies, "They call me Qamra, now get lost. I am very busy."
    Not willing to give up so easily, I reply, "Anything I can help you with M'lady?"
    Qamra looks me up and down and replies, "I really doubt you could handle a single Reaper, let alone the invasion."
    To that I replied "I could handle these Reapers M'lady, I would chop down every Reaper in Sosaria if you asked it. For your beauty is unmatched, your eyes..."
    Qamra stopped me and responded, "Just take your laundry and get out of here please. "
    And with that, I threw my backpack of laundry over my shoulder and began to run off towards the northern horizon.
    Quenby_11-20_12.27-1.jpg
    Quenby_11-20_12.35-1.jpg

Determined to show Qamra the extent of my love, I laid waste to the Reapers in the North and returned to the Spiritwood with 100 rotten Reaper root and set them at Qamra's dainty feet.
    Qamra said, "Curse your success against the Reapers and curse you having returned so quickly to befoul these sacred woods with... you...", and with that she kissed me on the cheek.
    I let out a "YIPPEEEE," and scurried off quickly.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    PaddyOBrien, Cero, Jupiter and 4 others like this.
  2. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

This story has been added to the oral history of Paws.

MEMORIZED!​