VPNs - how do the admins trace them?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by r3ckon3r, Oct 29, 2020.

1. r3ckon3r

r3ckon3r Well-Known Member

So everyone got their 8th anni items and the years before that... which got me thinking. What do admins/GMs do on here to prevent people from creating multiple accounts using VPNs?

Is there anything that can be possibly done to prevent people making 10-20 accounts to get these? How sure can we be that the 600 average online aren't people using VPNs with the real number being 150-200 and the rest just afk trying to get platinum?

Just curious.

BTW I'm not saying people don't legitimately get the high end items from anniversaries, i myself got a blue hued 7th anni lantern that sold for almost 4 mil but I just wonder how many of these spellbooks, sandals etc are around. I think there's a fair few.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  2. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

For anniversary, VPN IP ranges are automatically flagged and have to be manually reviewed.
  3. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

I have 76 accounts and all of my 30 laptops heat my apartment. But I still didn't get the sandals. :D
    Vincent Blackshadow likes this.
  4. Aris

Aris Active Member

Best route to go is not be overly concerned with how others play the game. Trust that the staff does their best to stop people gaming the system, but don't expect details on how it gets done since that information can also be used by the bad guys.
    Kiryana and Puck like this.