W^T Lack of Honor?

Discussion in 'Adventure Time [A^T]' started by Wulver, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Blaise,

Let me know when W^T gains some honor back, until then I won't bother fighting against your guys. I ran out of regs, return to a fight and ultimately end up losing. I get dry looted and rez killed, so much for a little fun. I do feel like I should rez kill and dry loot him back but I won't, that just makes everything worse. I am above that garbage since I want factions to thrive.
  2. Anti Saint

Anti Saint Member

Re: W^T Lack of Honor

Call the names out not W^T as a whole guild.

One or two bad apples doesn't make a whole guild.

But yet again, it is PVP, if I am rolling with a vanq axe, I don't expect it to be there when I get back to my corpse.

Only thing I frown on is the rez killing.
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Yeah, not sure what happened there, but there is a basic precedent being set in the field wherein if you come back to your corpse, you're likely to get killed. Not a handshake. In war, you truly should expect to lose everything when you hit the field. I personally don't pick corpses, but sometimes, grudges happen and sometimes just being on the enemy team makes it worse.
    You were aligned with SAS who has been proving themselves quite dishonorable in such circumstances so perhaps a bit of retribution directed more at SL, than you as a person, were the case here.
  4. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

I'm CoM not SL, not really on anyone's team because nobody has been playing CoM for a month or 2, but I also didn't need to come back and fight a losing battle. I did it to promote pvp/faction fighting as I almost always stick around to fight, but if I constantly get rez killed/dry looted that will no longer be and I will run like 93.685% of all the pvpers on this shard. Why would you say, "expect to get rez killed not a hand shake"? I do expect people to show good sportsmanship, the ones who lack are the ones who end up in my situation more or less. It was a really good fight that lasted over 10 minutes at least and I was excited, win or lose... then It would have been great to see a "good fight" and he leaves with a bag of my regs and my weapons. Is that hard to do? Did he want placed on a poop list? Do we want rez killing and dry looting to be the norm or good fight with some nice butt pats?

Why not use the guild as a whole? Is he not a representative of said guild? You let him join up, he is on your team. Blaise just said he could have thought I was with SAS, so we are on the same page. I was wearing green on a green ostard and I am orange, that is entirely possible he thought I was SL. So he then associated me with SAS, I never fought him once before but he probably had beef with SAS "me". When I do something dumb overseas it reflects on my country, on my unit, hell even my parents could get blamed for poor parenting. I guess if you don't have a leader or any sort of cohesion as a unit I should put the blame on the individual, but that isn't so. I don't know about you but I think W^T has a lil better sportsmanship than say SAS.

I'm not saying don't loot me, just that there are ways of doing it without you or your team looking like douchebags.
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I agree it reflects on the guild as a whole and I do address such actions with the guild and members who are implicated in such. I'm fairly certain I even texted the individual in this situation when it came to my ears.

Regardless, if you died in faction combat, thus forfeiting everything you had on hand and got killed in the attempt to retrieve said items, it may not be the nicest thing, but it is not out of line. The fact that we've had a nice long time with good wholesome combat and letting each other res up and loot, is a temporary phase. I can't say I'll get right down to it and start picking everyone clean that I kill, but it's the nature of the game and befitting of warfare.

If you're getting repeatedly killed at the healers or harassed and griefed by a member, I'll be more harsh in my reaction with them. I really don't care to nitpick every detail of what went down but it really doesn't sound like you were put out so bad that it's worth all of this. If this was something more than you died, got looted and killed while trying to get loot back, with no remorse, do let me know.

Perhaps more people need to get dry looted in factions so they get riled up and want to fight more.
  6. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

I don't think you should call out the whole guild because a large number of A^T members don't participate in factions, myself included. Sorry if you already said this Blaise, I didn't read all of the comments. Can we have Telamon create a separate page for War Time?
  7. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Possibly and Wulver at least cited the proper guild tag in the thread title. I'll chat with Tel when he gets back.
  8. sixsmith

sixsmith New Member

Well that's a load of bs. I've been dry looted by you twice this week.
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

You should please take note, that I only play one character named Blaise and he is not in Factions.
    http://www.uorenaissance.com/?page=m_player&id=44545

This scumbag PK is played by a forum member by the name of Liberation:
    http://www.uorenaissance.com/?page=m_player&id=55673

I have not even played much at all this week, especially considering it's Monday and I haven't really done anything but idle since last week sometime.