Walk through for NoH 2 GY triggered instance.

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by WarrenBuffet, Oct 14, 2019.

1. WarrenBuffet

WarrenBuffet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

So Halloween has started spawning in the GY of Britannia! I figured I would try and write up a quick walk through as to how this event works because I have seen some players asking questions.
    You can also refer to last years post for the official shard description of the event using this link:
    http://uorforum.com/threads/night-of-horrors-2-the-city-of-the-dead-event-guide.37479/#post-415198

So basically "special" Halloween monsters have begun to spawn at GY all over Britannia. (I believe only Britain, Moonglow, Yew and Vesper are active ATM)

what you want to do is kill off these mobs so you can trigger a Dark Moongate to appear. (this could take minutes or an hour, its all RNG)
    upload_2019-10-14_19-58-13.png

Once inside the instance, you will see a variety vendor who sells bandies and regs, so make sure you are fully stocked before entering the actual dungeon through the sparkle.
    upload_2019-10-14_19-59-28.png

Now once you are inside the dungeon (it is basically a large rectangle with mobs spawning all around the outer area and different smaller sections with specific monsters inside them) you will need to work this dungeon like a giant champ spawn. (i.e. kill lower end mobs in their spawned area to light candles on the altar and trigger the boss of that area to spawn)
    NOH INSIDE.PNG

There are 6 main bosses:
    Royal Mummy, Queen of the Damned, Dread Pirate Captain Johne, The Vampire Lord, Frankenstein's Monster and The Necromancer. Each Boss section will have an altar like the picture above. Just kill the spawn in that area to get candles to light and once all 4 white candles are lit the boss will eventually spawn.

Now, once a Main Boss is killed a candle on a much larger altar will light, this means that Boss has been cleared for this round of summoning. (You can still work those areas and spawn the boss over and over if you wish but if you are working towards the larger goal of The Overlord it is best to move on to a Boss who has not been lit yet)
    OVERLORD ALTER.PNG
    In the north part of the dungeon is the "Main" altar. Here is where the slain boss candles will light up to show the dungeons progress towards summoning the Overlord.
    Once all 6 candles have been lit (by defeating all six bosses) the Overlord will spawn and people can fight to take him down.

That is the general format of this instance. However, if you would rather work towards drops from other mobs there is no need to feel like you must progress through the dungeon in this way. The most important thing is get in there and just have a good time! Do whatever feels right and fun for you :) but also be aware of thieves and PK's! This is a felucca event so trouble can arise at any point. It is also a good idea to set up a macro to the leave the instance but it should be noted if you are killed you will have to wait 30 seconds to exit with your body and if you go grey or commit a criminal act you will have to wait out the timer before leaving.

here is an escape macro to help you get out fast:
    Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|88|3|ENU|0|[noh
    Assistant.Macros.WaitForGumpAction|3189712460|False|300
    Assistant.Macros.GumpResponseAction|10|0|0
    Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.2000000
    Assistant.Macros.GumpResponseAction|10|0|0

If you have any questions or need help reach out in discord for help, there is always someone around who can answer a few questions.

Also, check out this link if you a worried about pk's http://uorforum.com/threads/halloween-safety.44978/

Good Luck Everyone! and Happy Halloween UO:R and thank you @Chris for the best event!

**some screenshots were used from last years NoH2 post**
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    Blendax, Alvien, gitchu1000 and 21 others like this.
  2. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

That cleared up some of my event related "wtf?". Thanks for the post.
    WarrenBuffet likes this.
  3. Plentimon

Plentimon Well-Known Member

Does the Dread Pirate Captain Johne have a traditional alter? I thought it was braziers or something different for some reason.

Edit: Never mind...
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    WarrenBuffet likes this.
  4. Miami

Miami Well-Known Member

This is my first year, so we can be looted in the instance like St Pattys, right? Are the smaller bosses able to be killed without tamers or a group of people? Are pets allowed?
  5. Lemac

Lemac Active Member

Yes pets

I use a Provo dexer and can usually handle the outside mobs

Best to find the tamers when the higher ones start and you can help with the perimeter or just jump right in

And if you die you cam be looted unless you tap out right away. Your last corpse will leave with you
    Miami likes this.
  6. Miami

Miami Well-Known Member

Thank you kindly
  7. WarrenBuffet

after you get killed you have to wait 30 seconds before you can leave, so in that 30 seconds you can be looted
  8. WarrenBuffet

what ya mean? ;)
  9. Shiloh

Shiloh Well-Known Member

So if you die or just want to leave the instance. ..and you do not have a macro set up...

you just type in... noh?
  10. Plentimon

Plentimon Well-Known Member

"[noh"
  11. Shiloh

Shiloh Well-Known Member

Thank you!
    WarrenBuffet and Plentimon like this.
  12. gitchu1000

gitchu1000 Active Member

You can also use the dropdown arrow on your instance timer. From within that screen there's a LEAVE INSTANCE option that will pop you back out to the event center. :)
    Jill Stihl likes this.
  13. Miami

Miami Well-Known Member

I am having a blast so far. It feels like forever since I got green coins. Can’t wait for cooler shit to drop. So, like glowing sandals and things will auto drop in your bag?
    I honestly thought NOH was like a town take over, I didn’t realize it was a RNG instance. It’s taken a while a few times but it’s totally worth it, that place is fucking huge. I haven’t used Miami this much ever. Not much for Provo dexing really but it’s honestly a must if you arent walking with lizards or mares.
    NCCML likes this.
  14. Lemac

Lemac Active Member

Jill Stihl and Miami like this.
  15. Miami

Miami Well-Known Member