WANTED: Arden the Carpenter (West Brit) -PROVEN GUILTY!

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Tpain, Dec 5, 2016.

Should Chris [kill Arden the Carpenter

1. YES!

53.3%
  2. Shes a nice lady...

46.7%
  3. ???

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tpain

Tpain Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This nasty vermin ate my deed and certainly did not return it to my bag. Was trying to return a small house, and dropped directly on her.

Anyone had similar experience? Chris says its coded for them to return them, but I dont believe that happens 100% of the time.

He has offered that they are already working on making the npcs static that do accept the deeds though.

In the mean time, I think we should kill this lass and replace her asap.

Looking for 1000000000 signatures. Lets hit the goal!

Nothing was returned or will be returned in the making of this. Shit happens. Be careful with your deeds and vote to slay this B..ch.
  2. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

You have been robbed. I bet. But not by me. *still has a old thieving tale to write about exactly this topic*

Another option is, it's still there somewhere on the ground. Definitely no game glitch. :)
  3. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

when you drop the deed on the vendor, it puts the gold in a check in your bank, if the deed didn't hit the ground, then you'll find your money there
  4. Tpain

Tpain Active Member

I assume other things are possible, but dont think so in this case.

I did reveal the shop, and no doors opened. Not hard to reveal a small space with 100 mana.

Also used cntrl shift, and went through all the items on the ground. If an item vanishing on the ground is more likely, I figured I should close the client and come back. Still nothing. You can tell the limit wasnt reached in that little shop.

I didnt check her pack, but dont think it went there because thats also not how it was 'coded'. If it was on the ground and vanished, we need to make a new poll to burn the building down and start fresh. I guess Chris tamed that fire too though. Static vendors will be cool.

Also, this is not the right vendor to give a house deed. My fault obviously, just pointing it out.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  5. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

I was able to "steal" a deed recently. The person revealed too etc. I told this tale to some other thieves, maybe they copied my method.

I will publish it in some hours in the big thieving thread in the Salty Dog forum.

BTW:

Welcome to Trammelland and Carebear Nation.

I am btw the reason, why the Ocllo Estate Broker has been cripled already and is forced to sit on his place. SHAME. SHAME. SHAME.
  6. Tpain

Tpain Active Member

Well it is possible like I said, but I think unlikely because i put it directly on the wrong vendor as I said.

I dont think making npcs static is a bad thing either considering -ping and world saves and you cant open trade with npcs first. I guess some people will cry about trammelland over anything...
  7. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

You know poison field works wonders on removing npcs
    One, Christoph Brock and Tpain like this.
  8. Tpain

Tpain Active Member

PRO TIP!

Murder on the streets!

[​IMG]
    wylwrk and That Guy like this.
  9. Tpain

Tpain Active Member

Guilty conscience anyway. I killed her and she died grey. HA!
  10. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Ahem, ya know... posting evidence is gonna make your case very hard to defend.

Lord British is gonna throw the book at ya!
    Tpain, Jupiter and That Guy like this.
  11. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

There are some very crafty thieves who will sit in the carpentry shops and have deeds on scavenge. If you accidentally miss the vendor and the deed drops then the thief scavenges it.

I've bought and returned hundreds of deeds on this server from many different vendors, including Brit. I've never had a problem. Being paranoid regarding the above scenario the last keep and fort deeds I returned were done via the organizer agent. You can set vendors as the "bag" under your organizer agent and the deed will get dropped perfectly onto its target.
    Tpain and BlackEye like this.
  12. Tpain

Tpain Active Member

Nice, thats a good option. Ty
  13. RiffRaff-

RiffRaff- Active Member

I think she should die by (stone) spell, turning her to stone (statue). It should be an event with witnesses!

Or Armageddon spell? ;D