wanting to make something different

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by Kid Steeze, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Kid Steeze

Kid Steeze Member

Thinking of making a dexxer/nox one for pvp/PK was wondering what template you guys would suggest?
  2. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Dexxers can do well if played correctly.
    The problem as a new player is, that you will need expensive equipment (GM Weapons wont do the job against 31AR targets)

This can lead to a lot of frustration very fast if you try to solo pvp and pk, and i have not even talked about fighting tamers yet..
    Its defenitly worth a shot though, a well equiped Nox Fencer can be very tough to fight in a 1v1 but i would suggest to find a group to play with.

@SteelyDan and @Curly Sue are known Dexxer pks which uses a variety of different tactics, you might want to hit them up if you have any questions.

Otherwise i would recommend any Stun Mage combo for basic pvp/solo pking
    Stun/Track mages can do very well, and dont require a lot of resources to recover or build up.

PS: there is a free resist event running at the moment, if you havent GMed magicres yet, park your toon there.
  3. Curly Sue

Curly Sue Well-Known Member

My advice towards tamers would be to not fight them. Even a 3 v 1 VS a tamer is risky, especially for dexxers. Send me a PM if you have questions. What Erza says is correct. It helps to run with other dexxers and know your limits to be a successful dexxer since you will be risking equipment when you go out. The majority here run mages since you don't lose anything (except regs and leather) when you go down.

Dexxer PKs are awesome to play and are really good for PKing as long as you are careful and don't mind losing your gear when you finally go down.
  4. ebola

ebola Well-Known Member

Gm fence
    Gm tacts
    Gm anat
    Gm heal
    Gm nox
    90 resist
    80 mage
    30 tracking

90/95/40
  5. Curly Sue

You dont need GM nox if you are pking. You can have another charector to dp your weapons.

If you plan on PVPing in prolonged fights, than it may make sense.

Tracking is useful only if you won't be using scouts. Which is tough playing a dexxer since you cant recall around a lot due to reduced mana.

I would suggest hiding in there somewhere if PKing.
  6. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I think Tracking on a dexer can be useful to spot people who manage to hide onscreen or barely offscreen, for purple potion purposes.

There is some wacky formula on this shard for how Tactics works, such that anything >100 may actually not be helping as much as the in-era bonuses you'd have expected. So if you use say +15 weapons (Agapite), you may be able to steal 15 points from Tactics without loss. In which case I'd go 85 Tactics, 90 Magery, 25 Tracking. Bogugh has a post that details the math on this stuff.

If you get Weakened/Cursed a lot, so you're at 90 or 89 STR, you'll want to get to 88 Tactics to avoid any damage loss. But assuming you carry blue potions and pink weapons, 85 Tactics seems to be sufficient to hit at full strength. So voila, effective skill cap of 715.0 on this shard!
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  7. ebola

ebola Well-Known Member

Curly with gm nox. U have a higher chance of landing more poisons hence the point of having gm in the first place and that 30 tracking will find them bard hiders when they off screen an hide
  8. Curly Sue

Sorry double post
  9. Curly Sue

When you say GM "Nox", do you mean Poisoning? When it comes to poisoning weapons, once the weapon is poisoned, I don't think skill of poisoning has anything to do with it lading a poison. I think it's 50% no matter what. The only reason to have GM poisoning is if you plan to re-apply poison after the 12 charges runs out or if you are a mage and plan on casting poison for DP. It is only good if you plan on prolonged fights where you won't have a chance to re-poison back home.

If you are talking about the spell, then who knows.. but I wouldn't advise lowering your weapon to cast anything on a dexxer unless it is heal.

Poisoning is used to apply poisons to weapons. A poisoned weapon has a 50% chance to apply poison. Having the poisoning skill doesn't change the chance or type of poison you apply to your target with a weapon.

Combined with magery you have a chance to inflict up to deadly poison when casting the poison spell depending on your range to the target. This has no effect on the targets ability to resist the spell.
  10. ebola

ebola Well-Known Member

Where did u find that at(red text)? Have u actaully tested cus there's a big difference. and yes I'm speaking of a dexer
  11. Curly Sue

http://www.uorenaissance.com/info/Poisoning

I haven't tested (actually did the math on how many hits I get vs the poison) but RRG uses poison all the time and none of us have poisoning on our characters.

That's what Poisoning Perry is for.
  12. Erza Scarlet

Erza Scarlet Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Is he the brother of Dagger Dave?