Warrior Fixes

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Knoc, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Knoc

Knoc Member

I'm very new to the server, less than two weeks in fact. In that time, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and the community. But in that time (since I'm playing a warrior) I've noticed on the forums and even in IRC that there is a lot of talk about ways to fix the warrior. Whether it be from parry, changing armor values, dex loss values, weapon speeds, min/max numbers, and many more. My question simply is; are any of these actually being looked at being implemented?
  2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

They already have been. Since I started here in Beta, many things have changed. Most recently, the change to AR values of various armor types, removal of dex loss on certain armor types and conversion from Random Number Generation to a Dice-Roll system for calculating weapon damage.
    That said, if you're not using purple potions, you're going to have a hard time landing kills as a weapon fighter.
  3. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  4. Knoc

Knoc Member

Well... That is outstanding! I love it when things get made for the better. Now for those shields.....
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Yeah, without any use delay on cure potions, poisoning is pretty lackluster. In a box, a poison fencer is a mean opponent but if you gear up right, not that big of a deal. (carry tons of cures).
  6. swiftfeet

swiftfeet Active Member

I promise a poison dexxer chucking pots will net a large number of kills. The interrupts alone between fast swinging one handers, poison and purple pots should let you compete with anybody. Also think Viking Swords are very good with poisoning because of the large hits it can do. I think every dexxer is in a good place atm other than archery eventho I do fairly well with my srcibe/archer in ctfs. You can't go wrong with a scribe/macer and scribe/hally. The damages are crazy (check the Val Runics on test) and the large hits coming from the war hammer and hally IMO put them into the top of my list.
  7. Gideon Jura

8. swiftfeet

swiftfeet Active Member

Gideon Jura likes this.
  9. Gideon Jura

swiftfeet likes this.
  10. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

11. newme

newme Well-Known Member

HI.....Welcome to UOR and glad you are loving it here.

Westra (on irc)
  12. Bogugh

Bogugh Well-Known Member

Nice post from Gideon there. Life has certainly gotten easier for dexxers since beta, but most people aren't fans of the archery system implemented in patch 31. I'd say further changes are pretty likely though. There are still a ton of changes I'd like to see, but perfection is a process and not a destination. Things are looking up!

Welcome to UOR.