Weekly PK/PvM Event Poll

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Mutombo, Dec 3, 2012.

Do you think we should consider adding a Power Loot Hour? (double gold drop/no short term counts)

Poll closed Dec 25, 2012.
  1. I like the Original Idea (i)

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. I like the Town Attacks Idea (ii)

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. I like the Pirate Champion Idea (iii)

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  4. I like all of the above ideas but would like to work out the details some more

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. No, I don't like any of the ideas

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. I like Trammel

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I suggest the following:

Original Suggested Idea

(i) Bi-Weekly "Power Loot Hour"

During Power Loot Hour:
    1) Boss spawning monsters (ie Blood Elementals, Gazers, Dragons, Efreets etc) will drop double loot.
    2) All players (blue and red) will not take SHORT TERM counts during this hour.
    3) Players still will take LONG TERM counts for murders.

I suggest Bi-weekly to satisfy people in different time zones

Alternative Ideas Suggested in Thread

(ii) Town Attacks Idea Vandyke

1) Towns that are attacked, the Guards (during that hour) don't seem to be aroung. Maybe they were wiped out and the town is waiting for reinforcements (thus allowing reds into town to ply their trade...killing Blues)

1.5) Edit: All the townsfolk have disappeared as well, an increase of wanderin healers (red and blue) have taken up outside of the town gates. (Only the banker seems brave enough stay, hidden in a corner of the bank) (This is explained later, reds and blues being able to restock after death, definitely up for debate though)

2) Enough mobs and respawn to be appealing but not overpowering. The blues will want to be able to farm them as if they were in their favorite mob spots ie. OL's, Dragons, WWs, maybe a Boss Mob spawn during each event after enough regular spawn is killed.

3) Keep the increased loot idea to definitely draw the Blues, maybe add increased chance for the randoms such as higher level maps etc.

4) No statloss during this hour.

5) No guards means PK's will have access to the local bank for restocking instead of having to travel to Buccs

6) Give Ample warning as to how long until the town is repopulated by guards so the PK's can get out before guardwhacking begins. (if Guardwhacked within 15min after event, NO STATLOSS ACCRUES)

7) Just reemphasizing that the town attacks would be both area specific and announced long before they occur giving players who do not wish to participate ample time to clear out.

8) We also suggest that town attacks be restricted to only one or two towns, and that the attacks always take place in the same towns. I like Trinsic because its big and would be fun to fight in and not a lot of people use Trinisc. Thats just me.

9) The town attack allows for staff (or the player base) to write an RP back story to why there are town attacks happening. For instance, there can be an evil mage lord who is paying monsters extra loot to attack towns etc. There are no SHORT TERM counts during the attacks because guards are overwhelmed with the onslaught.

10) For this to work there has to be a strong incentive to get players to come to Bucs Den.
    10a) One incentive would be gold
    10b) The other incentive needs to be rotating really cool rares. This means rares that people would
    view as worth the risk of facing both pirates and marauding PKs. These rares should also change
    every few months. You could have a Parrot Statue? Special Hued metal pirate Treasure Chests?
    Thats just a few ideas to get things rolling. If Bucs den idea is going to work it needs ample
    reward to balance the risks!

^^^^^ This is where my vote is personally. Its my favorite idea ^^^^^

(iii) Bucs Den Pirate Champion Vandyke

"Increase loot and power of the pirates in Bucc's den? Maybe to be on par with Executioners? (give or take) to draw in farming interests there. (Are there pirates in Buccs on this server? I don;t think I've been there yet lol. If not, Add Executioner style Pirates)"

So Vandyke suggests that there are high loot monsters that spawn in bucs den making it worth the risk of going their for blues, but because bucs den is a lawless town, reds do not receive short term counts when they kill people in the town.

This idea is further explained on the following link and you can vote on this idea specifically if you go to the following:

http://www.uorenaissance.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1035
  2. Caly

Caly New Member

Re: PK Poll

I quite like the idea. It doesnt really favor anyone but it encourages PvP and team fights, which I like.
    It also gives people something to fight for.

The only thing i have to criticise is, that I would do it like twice a day. But we could start off the way you are thinking to see how it pans out first.

I sincerely hope that all sides can agree on this, I find it very reasonable.
  3. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

While I am not against the idea, it seems alot of the hour will be taken up by rezzing, getting back to town restocking, getting back into the power hour for loot.

Another way to go about it would be certain days of the week or Bi-weekly as you suggested, have a random town attacked by the kind of mobs that farmers hunt.

1) Towns that are attacked, the Guards (during that hour) don't seem to be aroung. Maybe they were wiped out and the town is waiting for reinforcements (thus allowing reds into town to ply their trade...killing Blues)

1.5) Edit: All the townsfolk have disappeared as well, an increase of wanderin healers (red and blue) have taken up outside of the town gates. (Only the banker seems brave enough stay, hidden in a corner of the bank) (This is explained later, reds and blues being able to restock after death, definitely up for debate though)

2) Enough mobs and respawn to be appealing but not overpowering. The blues will want to be able to farm them as if they were in their favorite mob spots ie. OL's, Dragons, WWs, maybe a Boss Mob spawn during each event after enough regular spawn is killed.

3) Keep the increased loot idea to definitely draw the Blues, maybe add increased chance for the randoms such as higher level maps etc.

4) No statloss during this hour.

5) No guards means PK's will have access to the local bank for restocking instead of having to travel to Buccs

6) Give Ample warning as to how long until the town is repopulated by guards so the PK's can get out before guardwhacking begins. (if Guardwhacked within 15min after event, NO STATLOSS ACCRUES)

7) Increase loot and power of the pirates in Bucc's den? Maybe to be on par with Executioners? (give or take) to draw in farming interests there. (Are there pirates in Buccs on this server? I don;t think I've been there yet lol. If not, Add Executioner style Pirates)

I hope I didn't derail your idea. Just some thoughts on other ways to get the blues together for the PK's to attack without the penalty
  4. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member

This idea is an expansion on my idea which I think is great. It works better with the RP back story explaining why this hour is occurring and why there are no counts than does my proposed idea. This idea though may be harder to implement... however I think its an acceptable derivative of the idea I suggested.

RP Back Story:

The Evil Lord Dave (insert scary name in place of Dave) has declared war on Britania and has raised an army of mercenary monsters to do his bidding. His mercenary army (their bags over loaded with their newly cashed pay checks) have double loot, and they launch coordinated attacks against different dungeons (or in as vandyke has suggested towns). The guards of Britania, are overwhelmed by the invading forces and do not have time to police the realm of Britania. Opportunistic PKs will find that they can kill innocents (in certain areas where the monsters are attacking) without taking short term counts. The Evil Lord Dave will launch different attacks at different places and hiring different monsters.

^^ Possible RP back story
  5. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member

While the RP back story could be a fun expansion on this idea and I think it would work I still want to emphasize that the focus is the concept of having and hour during which monsters in some area or place have more loot and PKs do not take short term counts.

I really think that the proposed Power Loot hour, whether it be implemented as a weekly (bi weekly) town invasion with boss spawning associated monsters, or as a purely dungeon centered event, will result in greater player interaction, increased risk/reward, and overall more fun for all players involved.
  6. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

I like it, though all the PK's will have to be in a guild and titled "Minion of Dave" ;)
  7. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member

lol
  8. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

P.S. on this. Buccs Den should be a No Murder Count Town. It is a lawless town, if Blues should happen to wander in for adventure, well then..... :twisted:

Please don't take that suggestion further by twisting it into Dungeon areas, it is just a thought on how to help shake things up for PK's.

Also, my suggestion on Buccs Den having Executioner style/level pirates, that would be as a permanent change, not just for the Power Hour thing. As a Power Hour bonus, maybe toss in a champ spawn if Buccs Den comes up as the PH town.
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

This idea sounds interesting, but honestly I wouldn't attend. I would want Server Wide announcements before and during such an hour that this is taking place, so the innocent who don't read forums or IRC know that they can be murdered freely during this time.

I would much rather just not login or do something else during that time. It will basically turn into the only hour that PKs really go out because it's Trammel for them.
    I'm not trying to bash or insult, so don't take it that way. I am entitled to my opinion and while I like the thought put in here, I disagree.

Removing Short Term counts from Buc's Den would be really cool and putting some worthwhile mobs there to fight that were worth the increased risk of Trammel PKs, might entice me to go there with a party of guildmates. :)
  10. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

I voted yes. Although twice a week seems low, I'd like to see it daily or for like 2 hours a day or something but I'll vote yes cause at least we are getting somewhere I think. Also on the Buccs den idea , no one every goes there hardly so the only way I'd agree on that is if something was put there in buccs for people to wanna take the risk of getting pked for, then I would be on bored.
  11. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

Blaise there would ABSOLUTLEY be Announcements as to where the Mobs were going to attack via server announcment and the town cryers, let's say 15 minutes prior to the town being taken. The only risk would be logging into a town that happened to be under siege. But if you log out at an inn, you can see whats happening and recall out. Also, it would only be one random town not all towns, so we're not forced into anything.
  12. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I meant. Like put some sick mobs in the woods around Buc's (badass Executioner style Pirates weilding scimitars and bows) that drop a significant amount of gold.

It might even promote some, dare I say it, Murderous Roleplay...if we made the mobs NOT aggro Red chars. Sort of like the Urks had back on UOSA. Murderers could hang out there and not worry about stat and they could run up on a group of blues hunting their 'fellow pirates' and have some NPC backup of sorts.

Would really make Bucanneer's Den the way I remember it most fondly, from the days of Ultima VII. Scary as hell because the Pirates were always beating my ass. :) I would definitely go though.

Also, make the Pirates unable to be provoked and dragons afraid of them. Would force the fight to be on the hands of fighters, not bards and tamers.

Keep the ideas coming :)
  13. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member

Again Blaise thats why I suggest that there be a zone where the event is taking place where short terms will not occur and that it be confined to this area. Only in the area would there be the double loot monsters and perhaps a few cool item dropping boss type guys. This means you can partake in the event if you desire but you can also go farm gold the normal way where PKs will have the normal consequences....

Purely optional.... There are incentives for the blues.... but in no way is it forced upon anyone... AND... it only lasts a very short period every week.... at two times to accomodate different Time zones
  14. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

Absolutely understand this DV. Hence the Executioner level Pirates. Decent enough loot to want to farm there. A bank nearby makes it almost tooooo tempting to farm there.

As far as the times for the "Power Hour", if we go the town invasion route, I would say 1X or 2X per day on a progressive time table.

ie. System starts on a Saturday at noon and midnight. Sunday 1pm and 1am, Monday 2pm and 2am and so on.
    Yes, I understand that there will be times when the server will be unpopulated for the invasions, but it lets each time zone have a shot at it a few times a week. Missed out a few days, the rotation should bring it around to your time the following week.

If people are complaing after 2 or 3 weeks that they are completely unable to make the times, then maybe staff can set it on a 3x or 4x rotation.

I'm not sure how it works but is it something that can be set to automatcially happen as set times without staff having to start/stop the event? Including randomizing the towns?
  15. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member

If u log in that town u can have the help stuck option (with no delay telaporting you) pop up immediately

OR

You can have the attacks always in the same town... say Trinsic. ON chessapeake trinsic was taken over by the undead for like a whole month... its a big town and would be a fun place to have invasions... with some sorta RP story behind it.... LORD DAVE hates trinsic.... or something... trying to get a foothold before attacking Britain.... who knows... Trinsic is the closest town to the Gate of Lord Daves Dark empire morrodor.... lol... u can have fun with it... anyway there are easy solutions to those problems I think
  16. Mutombo

Mutombo Active Member

The fun idea behind the invasion thing is at least there is a back story to it... and its not just PKs get free kills... Evil Lord Dave is launching an attack and town guards are overwhelmed to police the town... It has a lot of fun elements to it and it doesnt FORCE any blues to play in a dangerous world.... AND note I only say No short term counts.... People would still get Long Term counts and therefore you cannot Blue PK during these events without risking going red
  17. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

Ahh but the Pirates being provocable and Dragon killable is what will keep the farmers there chancing the confrontation of a PK.

Buccs den would have enough spawn to make tamers and Provos need to be cautious to not over pull, but done correctly one or two mobs could be lured into a decent area to fight them.
    WARNING- As the areas to "safely" fight the mobs will be needed, the PK's will have the advantage of where to expect you-muahahahah

Imagine Executioners but in a more open space (and no traps all over hehe)

Now I think I understand where you were coming from with the Bards and Tamers Blaise, but I think the spawn and respawn could be set up to accomodate more than just one or two farmers. Maybe 4 at a time if you can get them lured into areas correctly, maybe more since melee might only take one at a time unless you are a parry melee with a healer.

Edit: Bonus to this, groups may keep the PK's off of you, but a crafty, quick PK can still catch one unawares and get the kill in, even if they may have to forego the loot to run from the others.
    Blues Downside to this- PK's will be ignored by the Pirate executiones unless they attack one. **Attacking even a single Pirate executioner (hmm Buccaneer?) will make the PK's status "Normal" to the mobs and allow aggro for the normal aggro duration of a player vs a mob from all *buccaneers within aggro range.

No Caster Mobs, unless a boss pirate mob can be set up like in the other major farming areas.

I may have to start a Buccs Den thread!!!!
    I think I've taken this away from the origional post.

SORRY I got carried away!!!!

Edit 2: Holy smacks, I just gave myself an idea for group fishing the high seas and coming up with a Ghost Pirate ship with a Boss level mob!
  18. Double Vision

Double Vision New Member

I like that 24/7 buccs idea no counts with an incentive for blues to go there with risk :p I like the other idea too but I wanna pk as much as possible and Buccs sounds like a good spot to do it since it's a red town anyways. It leaves everything else open to blues to farm and if i wanna pk there i'll take counts but leaves me Buccs den to pk if I don't wanna take counts.
  19. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Trammel to the max
  20. Vandyke

Vandyke New Member

Hate, read the rest of the posts :) some good ideas in there.