Welp its been fun

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by triXta, Sep 7, 2012.

1. triXta

triXta New Member

It appears something changed in one of the updates in the past couple weeks b ecause now it's not letting my razor/uo connect on my laptop without disconnecting me after 20 seconds due to not having 5.0.8.3 client. This never happened when I was playing actively a few weeks ago. Not sure why it's limited to having a certain client, I mean I see everything in game just fine with the Mondains Legacy Client.

Now I know I could update etc, but my laptop simply doesn't allow me too. So until I can get it fixed... I guess it's been fun.
  2. Dragkiris

Dragkiris New Member

Just make a 2nd folder and put the client they offer there. I have like 4 folders for dif UO freeshards
  3. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I would try what he said, no need to update at all bro. Download the full UOR client we offer and put it into its own folder. Once you open razor be sure to point it to that folder when logging in.
  4. triXta

triXta New Member

Yeah I tried the new client but it won't run right for me on XP. Guess I'll try again after I finish moving.
  5. Dragkiris

Dragkiris New Member

If your having any issues just ICQ me Trix. I'll help you if I can.
  6. triXta

triXta New Member

Ya still can't get it to work...even tried a few other ways I got PMED about... oh well... :cry:.

I can still connect to other servers, it just appears this one disconnects people after 20 seconds if they don't have the latest client... sucks cause both me and my buddy are having the SAME issue with XP and getting the newer client to properly install...I don't see why we can't connect with Mondains Legacy client...I know it's outdated but I mean the game play is just the same minus me not being able to see a few gay dungeon mobs which I don't pvm anyway. I wish there was a fix for this...if there is please someone help it out! :p I am looking forward to being more active if I can fuckin connect for more then 20 seconds.
  7. Mandevu

Mandevu Well-Known Member

Ask Ezekiel ;>
  8. yaadood

yaadood Member

9. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

The client requirement for Renaissance is 5.0.8.3 or above. The reason you will be disconnected after a connection is because your client can crash randomly when you are using a lower client level.

You can easily download Renaissance's custom client here, which requires no updating.

You can also freely use the UO classic client available from Mythic or used on other free shards. (version 7.x.x.x) However keep in mind Renaissance is only tested with the version available on our website, so your experience may vary.