What do people do with all their houses?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Zim, Mar 20, 2018.

1. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  2. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Like Liberace's spot.

[​IMG]

dope.
    Skaught, snap dragon and One like this.
  3. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

In all reality I don't think a lot of people want 15 houses. It's actually a great burden lifted when you trim down to a nice property size of 3 - 4 tops. Refreshing sucks.

It is a bit aggravating though, when people sit on good property and leave it empty. A lot of those situations would probably stop if housing condemned status were to come in. I'm sure there are some situations where Chris could give an exemption if the house belongs to a guild that is still active or the owner has some RL stuff going on and can't refresh themselves (health, natural disasters, and so on).
    Sheepdog likes this.
  4. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

When I first started I bought every spot I'd always wanted when I used to play, all small spots and a L tower, maybe 6 homes in total. Ended up selling them all as I'd wake up in the middle of the night wondering wether I'd locked the doors or refreshed all of them. Way too stressful.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  5. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

Condemned status is something I could really support.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  6. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

I have a tower, small marble, and villa. Have had a keep but got rid of it. Too big and didn't enjoy deco on it. Tower is great for having a little more room and for pet training.

2 story villa is what i enjoy having though. Honestly, i wish lockdown and secure expansion deeds were less expensive. A lot of people outgrow a 2 story villa pretty quick due to lack of lockdowns needed (at least thats the way i see it).

Imo, if lockdown expansions were cheaper, players would be less hesitant about buying them up, in turn creating a more efficient plat sink. But players like myself would rather purchase a tower because its cheaper to do that than to buy 2 story deed plus expansions.
    The Crooked Warden and Valrick like this.
  7. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  8. Hollywood

Sure for people who dont mind letting their comp run all day and night till they reach the hours needed for it. For more casual players though, 50 plat is a hard pill to swallow for 25 extra lockdowns.

Making them cheaper would make plat feel more disposable meaning more plat being spent because players aren't being as conservative.

But if a player wants to enjoy some deco, why put them in a position where they need to wait that long and keep their computer running.

I just dont see how "every 2 months they get a deed for free" would be a valid justification. Im sure there could be a better argument against as most points can be debated from both sides, but try harder Gid cause i know from history you have good and valid points. Like i said, lowering the cost would increase the amount people buy up. Obviously just a theory at this point
  9. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member

Two plat per lockdown does seem steep to me. Halving that but leaving the secure expansion cost as it is would be nice for sticking some extra clutter to my walls.

Having said that I am glad that the system for adding lockdowns exists at all, so I'll run with it however it is.
    Hollywood likes this.
  10. Sara

Sara Well-Known Member

Lets see one needs:
    Main house to live out of
    Shed behind main for storage
    Mining house
    Vendor house
    Rune Library
    Deco house
    Secret house no one knows belongs to you
    CUB house
    Extra house for bugging out
    Crafting house
    Empty house just to drive others crazy

LOL have I covered the main needs of multiple houses??
    One, Hollywood and PaddyOBrien like this.
  11. Hollywood

Still have 4 houses left over to use as blockers for your future fortress
  12. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member

I have 15 houses I primarily use for refreshing. Sometimes I wank in them and sometimes I chew gum.
    Imbol, wylwrk, One and 5 others like this.
  13. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

I'd like to have something the size of brick house with 1 floor and a second door on the side opening to a small-house size courtyard. Could even set the deed cost at something like 5 million and it would be fine. Lots of people probably ONLY want a CY, and would pay to get one but also maintain a smaller house that "there is room to place". I always find myself living in just 1 room of a large house anyway.
  14. Skaught

Skaught Member

My account is 59 days old. I own a SST, Small Marble, Log Cabin and a Villa. 3 of those I placed myself at deed cost. The other (SST) was graciously donated to me as a new player to the shard. I'll be stickin around awhile playin with you fine folks but my end goal will be a tower. I'm watchin the tower sales posts when they pop up but I'm waiting for something that I'm going to stick with for the long run and never have to worry about this housing shit again.

I'll gladly disperse all those other properties to live in what I once lived in back in the OSI world of ages past. I certainly dont want to manage some refresh macro to recall around to 15 pieces of property just to e-peen like some real estate baron. Nah.
    Jill Stihl and Hollywood like this.
  15. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  16. Skaught

Skaught Member

17. Hollywood

Of course its almost impossoble to know without research and trial. Im guessing there is data to see the amount of purchases towards lockdown expansions. They have been 50plat for 5 years but that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. Can even do a larger amount for a certain amount of plat and smaller amount just like furniture and runebook dye tubs.

Not sure how your last sentence ties into your point though as no matter the price point on expansions, it would not affect the plat spent being gone along with that dropped house. I actually think it goes more with mine as the idea of my point is to encourage a plat sink along with making an existing system more appealing and used by more who enjoy a small/ medium sized house.
  18. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

get fed up with all of this

fill a house with all their belongings

prepare to drop it at a soon to be announced time and location

GET READY!
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  19. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  20. Zes

Zes Active Member

zero houses here. Every time i come back to play i forget to refresh and it drops. I still feel bad about my first fortress that dropped with all my stuff and run past it/recall to the spot every time i log in to sigh haha.
    Imbol and Mr. Green like this.