What do people do with all their houses?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Zim, Mar 20, 2018.

1. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

smalls

seriously... rotate them out once a month or so

had a keep for awhile, f***ing hated it

sick burn btw
    One likes this.
  2. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  3. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

I'm partial to Large Bricks or L shapes... but as far as smaller houses go, its always fun to decorate smalls and small towers too
    The Crooked Warden and One like this.
  4. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Ha-ha, you handed me an "L"

Nah, cash in, cash out. I don't hang on to pixels long if at all... cept lately in preparation for The Droppening 2.

[​IMG]

That's my weakness right there ^ .
    One likes this.
  5. FreeHugger

FreeHugger Well-Known Member

Best house in game is the sandstone patio, if it only had a double door, or a door on the patio
    Zim likes this.
  6. Imbol

Imbol Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I currently have six houses.

I have a small stone workshop next to a small stone tower.

The upper floor of the workshop is where I store my consumables and junk magic items. I'm hanging onto the junk in preparation for the copper-granting trash barrel things.

It's... becoming unsustainable, so hopefully that system is implemented soon.

Once those barrels are rolled out, I'll be turning that junk magic in and then converting the space to an alchemy lab/poisoning shop (and a small, personal rune library).

The lower floor is a little tailoring spot for dying leather armor and assembling/modeling outfits; a work-in-progress.

The small stone tower is a warehouse. It's where I hoard my NPC cloth. Over 400 hues in decent quantities! I also store armor sets, outfits and loose clothing there.

My third house is a small wood and plaster rat house. I hoard spined leather from slain rats there and, soon, logs as well. Basically a hunter's lodge in the woods. I'm making a rat-hunting, reagent-collecting lumberjack specifically for that house!

The other three houses are up in the air. They're three adjacent small stone towers outside the Desert of Compassion -- a great spot for collecting poison and training new fighters.

So, I'm considering going down to four houses total, possibly three, by demolishing my neighboring small stone tower/small stone workshop and moving the contents into those three.

Apparently a villa will fit the spot with the three desert towers (with room for another small), so that's nifty. Just bought them, so they're empty for now.

So, yep, six houses -- 3 in use and 3 empty/freshly-purchased.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  7. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

I love how if you run too fast up the stairs you fall off the roof and that awesome AAUUUUUUUGHH! sound effect plays!
    Imbol and eherruh like this.
  8. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

I like how you can always catch people decorating the outside and stealth loot them as they lock things down because there is no clear path to it and they can't even ban you or do anything about it.
  9. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Currently I have three houses; a villa, sst and a small fieldstone. Never been one to successfully deco larger homes like towers and keeps etc.

The fieldstone and sst are mainly for storage, and although I like to keep the ground floor of the small stone presentable, the second floor is a wreck.

If I could only have one house it would be my villa. I love having a small cozy home and this is the perfect one for me. I've tried holding onto multiple spots in the past to varying degrees of success, but in the long run it's liberating to not have to worry about so many properties, especially as a casual player.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.