what I love about current UOR

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by newme, Jul 25, 2012.

1. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Thought this might be a fun topic.

Ok one thing I do enjoy is the stabling system, for crafter or any other low magery type characters.
    doesn't matter where you stable, you can go to any stable and claim pets. This works out very well
    for miners going to different locations to mine, can go nearest stable and grab their packys. Don't have
    to worry about trying to gate them.

Love the bods.

thanks all for the great work

:}
  2. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I love the awesome balance that UOR has for pvpers. You can run into almost any template character on the field and you need to be ready to handle all of them. Loads of fun. And of course factions goes hand in hand with the pvp. Such an incredible system that puts some meaning to what you do.
  3. Gharik

Gharik Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Well... If no one else is going to say it, i will. The housing! I also can't wait to drop a fortress.
  4. HateCrime

Agreed bud. I'm super pumped to run a faction guild and put up a fortress. The ability to color the flags will be nice as well :) Green & Black - SL4LIFE
  5. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Oh yes housing for sure. Another thing I super enjoy is the bod rewards, especially tailoring.

I like to share the cloth, one color is almost the nightmare color, I've made lots of outfits for other

people using this cloth.

:}
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

How do I love thee, let me count the ways....
    1: Small tower (yes, the customs are totally super sick but there's a place in my heart for the small tower and I will always have at least one here on UO:R, as long as I play).
    2: COMBAT BALANCE (or the intention to find it) Even Call of Duty has more enticing loadout options than previous eras. Granted, we're still just getting into the swing of things, but I am still glowing over my kill with Perry Mason. It was just server wars and we were all just goofing around but still, STILL, I cast 0 spells, and I got a kill. That to me is something that just doesn't happen elseware. Granted, had there been poison spells involved, I did not have the potions to counter, but still STILL, it happened. There is potential for a field fight here without a halberd or DP kryss, and for that, I thank you.
    3. Crafting menus. I don't often craft, but when I do, I craft with shitty menus. Not any more. The menus here for crafting, housing, guild management, etc, are just the bees knees. There's room for tweaking here and there and some adjustment for me (I resigned from my guild on accident thinking I was clicking the Recruit button, could use a prompt to CONFIRM that once you click the button), but knowing that can be done at will, if it's for the best, is a win.
    4. Factions. I've never played it but O/C always seemed like a pointless thing for me. For PvP nerds, it's great because they're always at war with someone. With Factions...there's a goal and actual things to accomplish that require more than ONE person. This I can get behind. I simply love team games. If you ever played CoD with me, you know I will die for the win, many many times over. Occasionally I'm a beast and go raging positive KD, but often enough I'm just meat for the grinder jumping on flags and bases. This is what gets me into war games....something to do OTHER than just fight. Fighting is what you should be doing along the road to accomplishing an objective, in my opinion. That and True Britannians get blessed purple robes. I need no other reason to play Factions. :)
    5. Commitment to quality gameplay FOR THE PLAYERS. No offense to those with objectives set elseware, but it's about time someone is commited to running a shard that's about the players, without pandering to candy asses and kids in the Entitlement Generation, by having skill gates and other handout nonsense that I simply don't want in a game. I never played Hybrid but I tried IPY for about an hour or so until I got a Skill Scroll (wtf?). That was about 9 months ago or something. Anyway, cherry picking is the only way you'll ever get close to a perfect UO shard. Too many heads at the table within EA caused a damn mess in UO and with a small community and management team, I think we can really make something beautiful here.
    6. Difficulty. I keep thinking in my head that the monster AI here (at least on the magic casting monsters) has me on my toes like PvP. There are some monsters it really needs to be toned down on (Air Elementals and lower level undead) but otherwise, it makes a simple dungeon crawl something else entirely. Multiple GM chars can still get trainwrecked without even getting to the poison elemental in shame. Then again, perhaps when I get Resist to a decent level, i'll survive better. :) Point being, it's harder and this will be a good thing that can be adjusted over time, to make the experience FUN.
    7. Taming is one of the most overpowered skills on other shards. Limiting the amount of tames one can travel with here is going to make a HUGE difference in the game. Not that I haven't sat at a spawn for multple hours under the protection of a good friend's dragon turret but really, it's just too easy. I sincerely hope there is no way to make 100k gold per hour on this shard, solo.
    8. I'm sure there's more but did I mention small towers?
    9. So far, PvP with everyone has been really cool. I hope that carries over through launch after the nefarious types start murdering and stealing. I think Factions are really going to make a huge difference in how bored the PvPers get, thus cutting down on PKs in general. I don't like holding grudges and I look forward to many LOLs as I get merked or perhaps do some merking of my own, in the field.
    10. NO MOUNT REFRESH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cannot be stressed enough. What a boring/terrible thing to leave in the game at such a level you can't run for more than 60s.

I could apparently go on and on with this topic but one thing that several people have been very happy with is also one cut bandage piles!

Ok ok, I'll stop. Move this thread somewhere more prominent!
  7. HateCrime

Topic moved to an appropriate forum section.
  8. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

LOVE UOR PvP, it opens up more to creativity than just cookie cutter Tank vs. Tank or having to have a loaded dexxer with 100k worth of gear and 20 of each potion just to compete. Also, I love the fact that the fabled katana is once more something that mages will have to respect. It was the fastest weapon in-game, regardless of what some people might want to think and pull out "obscure" demo disk BS or patch notes to substantiate their claims. The katana was the weapon of choice when it came to mage poking and that was an undisputed fact verified time and time again by UO Stratics charts and in-game playtesting at the time (2000-2001).

LOVE Housing , it's a VAST improvement over T2A era housing

DOUBLE LOVE The monster difficulty, it's simply awesome, I feel like UO is a challenge again. I would even vote for a little more buffing of the higher level undead, ogres and trolls. It makes dungeon crawling feel like an accomplishment, there's no sure thing, I like that.....ALOT!!!

I really like the way the shard is coming together, sure, I really would like to see a free AOS shard with certain aspects of Samurai Empire included. I mean who wouldn't like a shard with Necromancers, Paladins and NINJAS!!!??? I still think this shard is going to be great (Who knows maybe we could sneak some Necromancy and Ninja skills in) :)
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

BUMP FOR GREAT JUSTICE!
  10. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

MOAR BUMPS FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!
  11. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I will not stop bumping this.
  12. Eldon

Eldon New Member

Well... I love everything the other posters have mentioned so I will try and add something new.

I love the fact that there are no corn-ball mounts in the game. No Obese lizards, No dragons with down syndrome and nooooo Unicorns! Please never change this. Horses, Llamas and Ostards thank you very much.

The second main thing I noticed is how differently people play the game here. The douche level is lower than I have ever experienced over several UO Free shards. More variety in character templates, more PvM'ing, less ego and entitlement FTW!!!

It just feels like good ol' UO and in the end aren't we all here for the nostalgia?

This is easily the best shard I've played on.
  13. Tater Salad

Tater Salad Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

The community. Most of it.
  14. Miles Davis

Miles Davis New Member

I love the sense of freedom and the encouragement that we had 10 years ago at least on Origin. This allied with the community is what any shard need to make it! :)