What is bone armor equivalent to on the Bod chart?

Discussion in 'Guides' started by slida, Mar 17, 2018.

1. slida

slida New Member

It is possible i missed this information in the BOD guides that I've found, but the chart does not show bone armor on it. It is suggested that exceptional bone should be avoided, but I have a large 20 piece Bod for a set of regular bone armor, and I don't know what the reward would be for that. Thanks in advance for the info!
  2. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Normal and exceptional Bone are on the chart. About half way down, second large BOD section. Normal/Exc 5-part outfits.

If I'm reading it right the reward is bear rug/polar bear rug. They're worth 30 - 50k ish.
  3. slida

slida New Member

Thanks for responding. Bone armor is mentioned at the top, but it is not in the actual reward grid, which makes it a bit ambiguous, as you can create bone armor with any type of leather, and the type is not specified by the deed. Is the proper interpretation that the type of leather used to make the bone armor dictates the reward? I'm a bit skeptical about that.
  4. compsays

compsays Active Member

Nah, I'm fairly confident Jill's in the right here.
  5. slida

slida New Member

I am looking at this chart: http://www.uorenaissance.com/info/bod/tailor.html It has five rows, one for cloth, and one for each of the four types of leather. There is no row for bone. There is no way to figure out the reward for bone armor with the information that is on this chart. There needs to be another piece of information, such as: "Bone Armor is considered the equivalent of leather armor", or "The Bone armor reward is based on the the corresponding type of leather used to create it." I am looking for this piece of information, or, perhaps a link to an updated chart.

edit: It appears, based on Jill's answer, that bone is considered the equivalent of horned leather.
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  6. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member

The bone armour type is specified by the deed if it is a higher level material required (spined, horned, barbed). If the BOD specifies nothing then it's standard leather.

If you keep that in mind the chart makes sense. The reward for 20 plain leather bone is either a bear or a tapestry depending on normal/exp quality.
    compsays likes this.
  7. slida

slida New Member

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question, I think I have what I was looking for now. The reward for bone armor deeds is the same as the type of leather required to make it. So bone armor=leather armor as far as BODs are concerned. The chart presents its information as if that fact is already known. Since bone armor is more time and resource intensive, and requires higher skill to even attempt, I wouldn't have assumed that to be the case. I understand why bone deeds suck now. :)