What is the point of selling items 5 by 5 to vendors?

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Diesel, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Diesel

Diesel New Member

Why we can NOT sell them in just one time? Is it the way to make it look harder or what? getting the same amount of money anyway, just making us more clicks.
  2. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hey Diesel

You won't get the same amount of money every time actually. As an npc vendors inventory increases IE: the npc buys things from players; what they are willing to pay then goes down.

Take gems for instance. You will sell something like 30 of a gem and then you will see that they are offering less and less after that point. (Assuming you are selling to a vendor that hasn't bought any of the same items from other players recently.) You need to wait until they reset to be able to sell at full price again after that. This at least applies to all "stackable" items that npcs buy such as gems scrolls etc.etc.
    newme likes this.
  3. Diesel

Diesel New Member

For gems you might be right but for blacksmiths it is totally pain in the a**. Maybe it could be re arrange for some specific items such as gems, it is already hard to gain skill on bs + more clicks are just making it unnecessarily hard :confused:
  4. Nymeros

Nymeros Well-Known Member

I don't see the problem here, surely you can assign a "Selling Agent" by type of the item. Every time i change the item i am training smithing with I remove the previous item from my selling agent and add the new one. You just have to be careful about selling magical items of the same item type on your other characters of course.
  5. Geo

Geo Active Member
    UO:R Donor

shouldn't you be resmelting what you make?

also yeah I just started using selling agent and its a godsend.
  6. Nymeros

Depends on the sell price of the item. When you resmelt, you practically take half the # of ingots back. So for a short spear, you take 3 ingots back if you resmelt.

However if you sell the item it is 30-35 gp I think which is more than 24gp (worth of 3 ingots if you're in the guild) or 27 (if you're not). But as you sell the price drops so at some point it will be lower than 24-27, which at that point you can resmelt I think.
    Geo likes this.
  7. Diesel

Diesel New Member

I didn't know that, thanks. How am I going to use that agent, how it works?
  8. Nymeros

9. Geo

Geo Active Member
    UO:R Donor

ahh my attitude toward blacksmithi
    briefly, the selling agent is really easy.
    Just click add target to target the item type.

Then where it says "Max Sell: " change the value to 5

Then click "push to enable"

After you sell what you need to push to disable so you can sell other things normally.

Then you can spam vendor sell. Notice, however, that the more you do this the lower the price you get from that particular vendor. When I am selling scrolls on my mage I recall to various magic shops so I get the best price when I'm selling.
    Diesel likes this.
  10. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

One thing that blew my mind is that you can set a hot bag for your selling agent. No need to target specific items. Just make sure the only items in your hot bag are things you want to sell. If they are in the bag and you say "vendor sell" you will sell all applicable items to the type of vendor you are near.
    Arawn, Mindless, Geo and 1 other person like this.
  11. newme

newme Well-Known Member

In the early days of this server, the selling amount of items was discussed. I believe ( if memory serves), the five items at a time was put in ( know it was five on osi, can't remember which era). I believe staff decided on five items at a time, to keep people from abusing the system.

Hope this helps some in understanding the whys.
  12. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

To make me think of Aliens.

We're in the pipe... 5 by 5... ;)
  13. Nymeros

Or Starcraft.
    wylwrk likes this.