What to do...

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Enslaved, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Enslaved

Enslaved Active Member

... what to do as a young tamer without any bonding slots and the chance of getting bonded pets for hunting
    without the danger they can get killed? I dont even have enough gold to "buy" me into some zoo keeper event
    to get a few more bonding slots...

unfortunately i found out that i only can have one bonded pet per character when... just right now... when i finished
    building up my tamer so far. Haven't played uo for years and wanted to start here again... looks like it will be no fun
    after reading this pet bonding thing.

Edit: i forgot, i dont even have GM taming to collect ALL the needed animals for the zookeeper quest and i won't have
    GM taming because of my template...
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  2. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

Hi, at first you only have one glue slot, but you can add them by completing the task!
    Regularly held sets in groups for conducting assignments! If you do not have enough money to take part in them, you need to dig up by hunting with the pets that you have!

In any case, it's an inseparable part of the way!

Connected animals can be as many as the zoo's tasks you have gone through! Simultaneous use of animals already has a limitation. 1 horse - 1 sex, 1 dragon - 3 sex, 1 nightmare - 2 sex! Allowed 8 sex at a time ...

A slots of fastening can be at least for all your pets;)

The beginning of any business is a risk, and the risk forces us to be cautious, plan, survive and be on the alert! I wish you good luck in your endeavors!

Regards,
    Kir
    Seba and Black Tortoise like this.
  3. binlagin

binlagin Active Member

@Keza made a great getting started video... I suggest you give it a watch.

4. RavenMagi

RavenMagi Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

You can farm alot with just blade spirits, as long as your regular about banking your gold you'll do well. On occlo your best farming would be between smaug and the executioners with blade spirits. For other locations, you'll have to explore or ask around a little. Hit me up on IRC if you want help getting started farming.

You best bet for zookeeper slots would be to find a group you like to play with and whose play styles mesh yours; while also buying all the slots you can from outside sources.
  5. Lord Krake

Lord Krake Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Buying into the Tamers quest is 100-150k I think.....? With a viable mage or dexxer (both should be bards in some respect) you should be able to farm that amount of gold in a few hours.

If that seem impossible, please just ask for help! OR if you are needing to get that sweet tamer slot now, I suppose *someone* could loan you the cash money son.

Welcome to the shard!
  6. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

You do know this is a Felucca based server... There will be "danger"

Things will take time... Good things usually do

Fun is relative.. to say after "reading" about a feature, you determine it will be no fun, tells me you haven't tried...

Give it a try, pets are a dime a dozen, you don't "need" bonding slots. However if this is too difficult.. I wish you well in finding the right place to enjoy yourself in the UO world you will have fun in..
  7. Enslaved

Enslaved Active Member

Hi everyone and thanks for your replies.

Of course this is Felucca and there will be "Danger" and everything has its sort of risk for a beginner, but let me explain why it isn't THAT fun for ME when
    i've read about that 1 bonding slot here.

I've always started playing UO on OSI and other server creating mages, dexxers and bards first then way way after those i made MAYBE a tamer and i always
    had bonded pets after the 7 days feeding and stable time to go out and hunt the bigger stuff with them.

Now since i have that "glitch" to find the almost perfect pets in stats, spending hours and hours or days to find them and then i'm not able to bond them on me
    and maybe they die quickyl while i did a mistake is a bit frustrating for me (i already did made mistakes and lost some, btw) , i hope you understand what i mean ;)

Looks like i first, again, have to make a mage/dexxer and collect gold for my bonding slots...

Thanks everyone for your replies!
  8. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    RavenMagi, Jakob and Hawkeye like this.
  9. Enslaved

Enslaved Active Member

i won't have GM taming to get a dragon, just btw...
  10. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

Enslaved, typically if you ask, other tamers have "crap" dragons they'll give away for free, or for reasonable prices. That's how I got my dragons. And I farm things with them and none are bonded. You don't truly need bonded pets until you start to hunt things that require trained dragons. But who starts off big game hunting? Farm other things. Unpopular spawns etc...

But seriously, ask in IRC if anyone has dragons they don't want. You might be surprised.

EDIT: You don't need GM taming to get zookeeper pets. Pick the one you want, and watch the spawn. Tame and release, or kill until one spawns. My favorite one is the bull and sheep. At Del, you can kill tons of bulls for leather and tame / sheer the sheep. Eventually the bull and sheep will spawn. And you don't need GM taming to snag them.
  11. Holden

Holden Well-Known Member

If you don't have enough taming to tame a dragon, you won't be able to control a dragon(reliably).

Lower level creatures are dime a dozen, unless you do @Keza type shenanigans you don't need max stats/bonded animals.

Since you are learning to play a tamer you should use unbonded pets since they will die anyway. Bonded pets lose stats when they die.

Pm me with any questions, I'm happy to help.
  12. Mykos

Mykos Well-Known Member

I have to wonder why you wont be going to GM taming. Is this a roleplay type character?
  13. Enslaved

Enslaved Active Member

Hell no ;)

I'm going with some frenzied ostards as a pack.
  14. Hollywood

Hollywood Well-Known Member

For any experienced players, they understand the value of trained pets vs fresh ones. I havent bonded more than a mare yet but went on a good streak with some pets gming everything but resist and magery in the 90's before pks came and killed them. After using some fresh ones, they just weren't effective so i parked my tamer and have 2 scrolls waiting for bonding slots. The issue is waiting for my schedule to by available when someone is hosting the zookeeper quest. Maybe thats on me and my schedule, but it is a little frustrating trying to wait. Especially for someone who enjoys playing a tamer. Not saying its a horrible addition to the game, just not great for a certain individuals like myself. But im prob in the minority on this.
  15. Enslaved

Enslaved Active Member

yes, thats another good reason not to bring out the good pets on what i've spend hours or days to find and tame... for a new player its just horrible imho.
  16. Spankrox

Spankrox Active Member

I ground out GM taming then just used throw away dragons till I got a few more bonding slots. If you do manage to get a nice Dragon or two sell them to fund your bonding slots.
    RavenMagi likes this.
  17. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

What are you looking for, a hand out? As far as I can see, you are crying because you poured your time into a expensive template. Knowing very well you don't have the adequate gold to support it. Then come in here and shoot down everyone ideas? Whom of which, are some of the richest players here. I hadn't played UO in over a decade before coming here. Like everyone else, I started with nothing, and took time to build all my templates. Hell, I was here 6-8 months established with gold farming chars and a house, before I even started a tamer build. So either come right out and ask for the gold, because it is clear you only want to farm once you have bonded dragons, or earn that shit....PLAY THE GAME, that is what you are here to do after all right?
    Kaysar, MikeK, Seba and 2 others like this.
  18. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

First thing I might suggest is deleting your tamer and playing a template that's not so lame (subjective). Otherwise, play without bonding slots for an actual challenge with some risk involved. I assure you, it's a lot less boring that way (also subjective).
    Spankrox likes this.
  19. RavenMagi

RavenMagi Well-Known Member

Ive been here for more than a year and im just starting to seriously consider having a frenzied ostard pack. You will be very frustrated if thats the first build you go for. they require 8 bonding slots. if you think getting bonding slots are going to be hard for you, then you should start with a build relying on 3, like the standard 2 dragons and a mare.
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  20. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

As a relatively new player, I've gotta agree that taming is definitely on the back burner for me because of the initial time investment vs plausible rewards.

I have a tamer and I'm macroing up the skills I can but they will just sit once I'm done till I've got a lot more gold to be able to buy up animals that I'm not able to find myself for zoo keeper quests and so on.