What would you like to see in Despise Valley?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Puck, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I need YOUR help! I have been the proud owner of the 3 houses in Despise Valley for the last few years. I use the tower for personal reasons, but the patio and small house have been sitting unused this whole time.

I'm looking for ideas pertaining to public uses for these homes. Is a certain type of vendor missing in the world? Do we need a new tavern or player meeting spot? Any ideas are welcome and all will be considered. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Here are the homes:

Screenshot - 9_2_2020 , 3_43_13 PM_reg001.png
    Screenshot - 9_2_2020 , 3_43_36 PM_reg001.png
    Kiryana likes this.
  2. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

I don’t think that the question was put correctly. The place for meetings and events is definitely there and people love it, it is a custom gateway to the city of love. (by the way, whose fate hangs in the balance once every half a year!)

But simply refreshing the patio is sacrilege, for this place is picturesque and inviting.

He clearly needs to find a good host who loves this patio and enjoys life and play.

Miner's toilet - it doesn't matter.
    Earsnot and Sayer like this.
  3. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member

I’d buy the SHIT out of that patio.

Sell it man, there’s not a big enough community here to warrant a public use anything that doesn’t already exist IMO. There’s enough ego projects floating around the lands that serve no purpose other than a testament to someones random idea as it is and you’re cooler than that.

Sell it, get a new neighbour. Let someone else enjoy it bud! You’d make a tidy sum.
  4. Rockers

Rockers Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Simple rune library would be useful.
    Xavant_BR and Puck like this.
  5. Billy Hargrove

Billy Hargrove Active Member

Pff, you've been meaninglessly keeping anyone else from enjoying those spots for years... anything I have to say to you about those houses would just get sent to trash talk.
    Player X and Kiryana like this.
  6. Earsnot

If this is a joke, I like it.

If this isn’t a joke, do you really think another rune library is needed my dude? Especially there, kinda outa the way no?

I don’t think I’ve used any rune library except for the KOS rune library and the Ocllolococococo small marble one. I just figured that the KOS one had everything or I walk, I think there’s a lot of people here who make public rune libraries to justify a normally pretty big house they don’t wanna sell. It’s used as a get out of being labeled a house hoarding turd free card.

Puck, if you don’t want to sell it, pass it onto someone you trust to give it back to you if you ever want it back? Could make a public agreement, have them act as custodian, take a deposit.

Or drop it like a baller.
    r3ckon3r and Kiryana like this.
  7. Larloch

Larloch Well-Known Member

Land rush that shit. Have @Telamon block recall and gate into there and the dungeon temporarily. Maybe he can add some traps in the passage way. Would be a fun little event.
    fooka03, Puck and Earsnot like this.
  8. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

@Earsnot I also heard that Minoc moongate SST is a good library and well located. By the way, this is a copy of KoS Cove with corrections :rolleyes:
    Earsnot likes this.
  9. Earsnot

*replaces KOS library rune in runebook*
    Less doors. Nice.
    Kiryana likes this.
  10. Miami

Miami Well-Known Member

Make it a newbie mining and farming vendor outpost?
    Puck likes this.
  11. Blendax

Blendax Well-Known Member

sell them to people who will use them. period.
    r3ckon3r, Player X and Kiryana like this.
  12. Keza

Keza Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Drop that patio and make it into an awesome Villa like this. Took E1000 3 months, but I expect a finished product from you by the end of next week, chop chop now!

E1000 Villa.jpg
    r3ckon3r, Hawkeye, crazydaze and 3 others like this.
  13. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

To those who simply don't understand my point of view here, let me break it down. Owning this valley was my top goal when joining this server 5 years ago. Despise valley was my guild headquarters on Sonoma for many years and I have many amazing memories here. It holds a special place in my heart. Additionally, the personal value of these properties is GREATLY increased by having no neighbors. If anyone is being honest with themselves, surely they would understand that. I don't want to make just another ego project, as some have pointed out. I also don't really care how much I could potentially get for selling them. At this point, I will likely create a chill spot for myself and friends to hang out and some vendors for the poor unfortunate souls who farm in upper Despise in the patio house. The small will likely remain an empty blocker. Thank you for those who added valuable or worthless input to this thread. I am still and will continue to be open to suggestions for these properties.
    Just A Guy, Miami, fooka03 and 3 others like this.
  14. silencesg

silencesg Active Member

Holy crap that is some awesome makeover.
  15. Earsnot

@Puck - I get it, who wouldn’t want to own an entire valley. I think it was just the fact that by your own admission the patios been unused for years that’s basically a red rag to a bunch of bulls. Hash tag triggered.

What about making the patio into a death trap maze that’s almost impossible to survive. Ladders, blocking stools, one way direction, with a prize at the end. You could stick a few archers in there release some dragons. Charge people to attempt it and have a prize pool.
    Just A Guy, fenster, Puck and 2 others like this.
  16. Deathflare

Deathflare New Member

Turn it into a high-class auction house like Sothebys. Schedule as a monthly event where you can purchase really rare items. You could take a commission from people who want to sell their stuff. People have to dress up, and drinks would be served.
    RainZ, Just A Guy, Miami and 2 others like this.
  17. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member

Use it for cub storage. Red bags, floor to ceiling.

41VVRkKJGoL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    Ravn, ReZon, Kiryana and 1 other person like this.
  18. Billy Hargrove

Sounds like you need a guild full of friends to make new memories with there...
  19. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

I'd be SHOCKED if anyone wanted to guild me.
  20. Billy Hargrove

Ain't nobody knockin' down my heavenly door neither ... still seems like the way to use it.
    Puck likes this.