When I die why does my horse...

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Lumbo, May 30, 2017.

1. Lumbo

Lumbo Active Member

sometimes follow me and sometimes take off like a jackass in the other direction? Some days he'll follow me all the way until I find a healer, other days he'll just start walking his own way.
  2. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

It's a wild guess. But it might have to do with how "happy" he is or in other words when you last fed the poor guy...
  3. Lumbo

Lumbo Active Member

I'm an awful pet owner. I've played this game for decades and never knew you had to feed the horse. Thanks for the info. Don't report me to ASPCA.
  4. fooka03

fooka03 Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Did you tell it to "follow" you before mounting it or just jump on it straight from the stablemaster? By default they will wander wherever the RNG takes them.
    Lumbo and One like this.
  5. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

I remember when I started UO in the late t2a early ren era, wouldn't the horses throw you off after so long? I don't think that happens here, but it would be a nice touch!
    Lumbo likes this.
  6. Lumbo

Lumbo Active Member

Nope. No clue why it's following me all of a sudden.

On a side note what do horses eat? He doesn't want any fish steaks.
  7. Namarra

Namarra Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Fruits and vegetables.
  8. Halabinder

Halabinder Well-Known Member

ahahahahahaha hay brother, haaaaaay for horsies... Pank ones and brown ones alike.
  9. Pekka

Pekka Well-Known Member

My smith used to have a Frenzie and this did happen to him, maybe because the lack of food as it refused to follow any order, even from the tamer that retamed it, so we had to likvidate it.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  10. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Since being a tamer means unshackling yourself from anything virtuous and emulating all that is evil, your 'pets' no longer require 'food' to remain loyal to you.

Once the evil ritual of 'taming' them is complete, their soul (like yours) is forfeit and they no longer require food. Every successful command given increases your 'pet's' happiness. However, should you prove to be a weak slave driver every unsuccessful command will decrease their happiness to the point they can and will run wild.

You can witness this effect for yourself should you be a non-believer. Use the animal lore skill upon a slightly less than wonderfully happy pet and then repeat the dark mantra "all follow me" until the mortals around you become slightly annoyed at your display of power. Then after making a small blood offering, use the animal lore skill once more and you will witness the results of a successful ritual!

Now dance, dance naked into the night and obliterate all challenges before you! You are tamer, you are the chosen one!
    All blessings of easymode hath been bestowed upon thee!

Muwa-muwa-muwahaha!
    Khar'Mash and Marvelous Marv like this.