Where do you all pvp?

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by scuba, Jan 8, 2016.

1. napo

napo Well-Known Member

They're malcontents that want to whine. They're trying to discourage this new guy and lead him into the same shitty mindset that all of them are stuck in.
    PaddyOBrien, Liberation and Kane like this.
  2. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Lot of Negative Nancy's in this thread. Honestly, that is typical with the PvP community that actually take the time to post on the forums.

In the past week i've been in several fights and none of them would be what I would call ganks, unless you don't count my bard w/ Hiding as a PvP'er....in which case, they tried to gank meh!

Seriously, though, PvP happens here. There's a lot of grouping up into 6-15 person groups, but there's also 2-4 person teams rolling through and if you have any skill you know that is not a gank squad by any means at all. To the people who don't truly PvP, though, that's a gank squad and oh lawwwwdy deh shot meh!!!

I regularly see 1-2 PK's rolling through areas scouting. Typically, they've got buddies to call in for backup. If they're circling in a fight and just healing, they're waiting for backup most likely....or learning your moves. :)

Anywho, don't let the Drama Llama's discourage you. Just know that people posting hate and vitriol are probably not giving you an unbiased opinion on the subject and you should take all of their opinions with a grain of salt. That's probably good advice for life in general, really.

In regards to the "where", that varies quite a bit. I have seen a LOT of reds scouting the Yew area. I know this because my guild is headquartered out of the Yew area. I have been in 20+ person fights in Buc's Den. Ice Dungeon gets a lot of reds as a result of its setup and design. The Heavy Pettings aka RRG PK's live out of the Paws stable, so you see them there a lot and as a result some attempted battles happen there. You're typical PvM Hotspots are your typical PK Hotspots, obviously. A lot of it has to do with what time of the day you play. Typically evenings and weekends USA time is the best time to find people.

PvP is fun here.

The biggest obstacle to PvP here is that there is a LOT to do on this server that isn't just PvP. As a result of that, a lot of people do other things, also. That is typically where I fall into things. Pretty much all I did on my last server was PvP as there wasn't really much else to do. Here, there's a whole heck of a lot else to do. As a result of that, you typically will not find people sitting around at a spot waiting to find people to PvP. That's really a good thing, in the grand scheme of things, as that means that there is other things going on, also.

Hope that helps and welcome to the server!

~ L / S
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
    One and PaddyOBrien like this.
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why it needs to be considered negative to state simple facts that if you linger about on an orange you're likely to get jumped by a group, not one straggler. Yes, 1v1s and smaller skirmishes happen, it's just less common. I'm not even trying to say that's out of line or whatever, it's just what it is. People don't "hang out" anywhere PvPing regularly, otherwise PvPers would be there all the time they are on. It's just not worth the risk of standing around with your gear knowing there's copious amounts of players more interested in taking a cheap shot kill than engaging with a balanced opposition. I still don't know why it's like that here but it just is. No one's trying to discourage this guy from getting involved, we're just answering questions and I don't see anyone lying in this thread. A bit of exaggeration here and there but it's all pretty cut and dry. If he's going to join us, he now has a relatively clear concept of what to expect in the field. Whether or not he is discouraged or intrigued is entirely up to him.
    amfeKk likes this.
  4. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I was serious with my post and I resent the implication. I'm a rather positive person :p
  5. napo

napo Well-Known Member

There's plenty of 1v1 to be found, you just look in dungeon and whatnot. There's lots of times I've logged into mumble and one of our guys says "oh I'm fighting this guy in ice" and there's really no need for intervention.
    There's a lot of negative nannies in this thread, but a lot of them don't play a lot/don't play alone/are fixated on certain groups of people they hate/are currently banned from the IRC channel for being needlessly negative from the server. My advice is to go out there and come to your own conclusions instead of listening to those that cannot control their salt.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

lol, the ban was lifted within minutes. Having an opinion, be it positive or negative, is part of caring about a something. If it were all flower farts and cinnamon sparkles, I think we'd have a lot more to worry about.
  7. Kid Steeze

Kid Steeze Member

8. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

*fixed
  9. scuba

scuba Well-Known Member

So there is pvp here not as often but when it gets going it's very nice. Also Kane sorry for telling you to go back to trammel had no idea that was your vendor.
    Love,
    Ham
  10. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Love it :D
    wylwrk likes this.