Where should i put a house?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Andrakus, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Andrakus

Andrakus Well-Known Member

Okay, so i placed my small tower... Now can i put keys in the doorway or no? Also-- where can i get some tables and chairs and stuff?
  2. Sara

Sara Well-Known Member

Put the key on a keyring and lock down so it's useful that way. Always DH when entering your house and if your wanting regular tables I can give you some have a bunch just around in storage
  3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

There's an entire guide on the Renaissance homepage about home ownership and specifically home security that answers your question and I'm sure any follow up questions that you may have.
  4. Andrakus

I read through the guide a bit and feel i'm pretty good on most things. i put the key on a keyring but i'm not able to put on the corner of door or i'm just having trouble with it. Do i need the interior decorator tool for that?
  5. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

There's a section that speaks specifically about that process and you don't actually have to have an interior decorator tool you can use objects like small wooden tables to lift the key ring.
  6. Milky Milkerson

Milky Milkerson Active Member

stack 2 tables on each other, then 3 fish steaks or meats one at a time on those. Then the keys. Then lock down the keys. Then remove everything else and the keys will be in position.
  7. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Shoot me a message on IRC if you're still having troubles with it dude, I'll come and help you out/set you up.
  8. Althorn

Althorn Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

If you plan on storing most of your stuff in your house, learn the housing mechanics. If you don’t odds are you will come home to an empty house & be the star of a thief’s comic thread.

Make a table wall one tile into your house so you have room to get in but cannot move past the wall of locked down tables . Put all your goods behind this wall or anywhere in house that isn’t accessible unless you unlock a table. So once your done you will come home unlock your door, go inside, lock your door, use detect hidden and reveal and ban intruders. If Detect hidden doesn’t reveal anyone inside your house, your secure to open your table wall and conduct your business safely. Never just assume your safe, granted most ppl won’t prey on new players, some do.
  9. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

don't forget table wall corners....

prolly the last time I ever mention this again.

G'luck!
  10. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Leopold, RavenMagi, One and 2 others like this.
  11. Andrakus

Guys... i know this is a newbie question but where the frick do i get tables & chairs etc?
  12. Althorn

Althorn Well-Known Member

You could make them yourself or find them on various player vendors I know yew & moon glow have some vendors with those wares. Also utilize IRC & the trade forums to get things you need or even to sell your things.
  13. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

get in irc and just ask for some. otherwise make a carpenter, i imagine a newbie 50 carpenter can make them. Starting skills: carpentry, lumberjacking
  14. Sara

Sara Well-Known Member

PS sells some on their yew gate vendor house left of the gate workshop style house, like 90% sure. Pretty sure a newbie 50 skill carpenter can make some tables or pm me when you should be around and I'll make you some or give you some I have