Who owns this small marble near Trinsic Gate?

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Ervin, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Ervin

Ervin Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I would love to be put in touch with whomever owns that marble house. There is a strongbox that shows a co-owner as Jupiter. Any one have any ideas? Thanks for any help!
  2. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Afaik jebidiah. Gl I tried before and owner wasn't interested.
    Erza Scarlet likes this.
  3. Ervin

Ervin Well-Known Member

Hmmm... what did you offer?
  4. Hoominaga

Hoominaga Well-Known Member

Santas House!
  5. El Horno

El Horno Well-Known Member

Well, I knew them to be roleplayers, so I took that approach. This was back in 2014. I don't think Jupiter would mind me sharing the PM's.

And the response:
  6. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

The post office was amazing and we all hope @Jebidiah returns and runs it. You stay away from this UOR landmark you filthy mongrel.
    Erza Scarlet, Ponne and Jakob like this.
  7. Jakob

Jakob Well-Known Member

This ^

If there's a new owner cA will pay regular visits.
    Ponne likes this.
  8. Ervin

Ervin Well-Known Member

Good read. I'd like to talk to Jebidiah about it as quite a time has passed since I have seen anyone here or he has used the forum. I would like to discuss what my plans for this house location are. Wouldn't it be better served as a something that could benefit the shard currently than just a relic of days gone that few who remain remember?

If he is to return and restore it to it's glory I'm sure that would be something fabulous. But if not by now, and not when Jupiter responded in 2014, then will he ever? Only he knows....

I would hope that all who wished to visit the house would pay regular visits! It could be something fantastic for all perhaps?....
    El Horno likes this.
  9. Jebidiah

Jebidiah Active Member

A pristine letter arrives. It is opened for you to view.

It states:

To Whom It May Concern,

I received an inquiry regarding the currently inactive Post Office of Sosaria. While I am hesitant to consider any offers on such a landmark I will hear any offers to be made. Mind you, I am filthy rich... Never once have I played this game with the intent of acquiring items or gold... but purely the joy of harassing other players and role-playing as a marauder in my time. I don't want to go to into myself here, as this is a tendency for the insane to brag. Nevertheless, I will hear whatever offers and plans you propose to do with my construct.

Will I return to Sosaria? This is difficult to say, time is not on my side anymore and much time is needed to be lost before... I dare not say.

Signed,

The Mad Knight of Stormhold, The Entertainer of Paws, the Mailman, the Dark Soul, Co-Creator of Project Sanctuary, Donator of Lost Literature, and Santa Claws,

Jebidiah
  10. Jebidiah

Jebidiah Active Member

11. Ervin

Ervin Well-Known Member

Ervin sends a carrier pigeon with a letter.

It reads:

Jebidiah,
    Thank you for your time and consideration to even hear me out. I only know of you through stories and legends told amongst elders of these lands, I am honored to write directly to you. Since gold and jewels do not sway the rich, then I will propose to you my intentions of the acquisition. The truth is that I do not want the house, but the land upon which it rests and in order to construct a tower in that location I would need to demolish your facility. I have already acquired the other homes in the area to made this happen, only yours remains. Now please hear me that I do not wish to construct a tower for my own benefit, I already have one for personal use as well as other homes that I rarely visit anymore. I wish to do something for the people of these lands and that location would see fit perfectly.

My brother Irvin is the guildmaster of PvP University [P*U] (I am a member of Project Sanctuary). P*U is dedicated to train those who wish to learn in the art of field combat, self-defense, and survival amongst murderers. This guild is available to all to join and learn as much as they choose so that they may feel more confident in this cruel world. Our mission is to train everyone so that PvP may flourish and no one feels afraid to adventure alone. We are preparing to enroll for a new class of trainees and the plans of this location are key in to when the new classes begin. So what does this have to do with erecting a tower where your post office is? The answer is quite simple.

Location. Being near a moongate allows people to easily find the tower, arrive safely and easily for those who lack other means of transportation, and I firmly believe that by being in the public view it will help to advertise the University. I plan on having tournaments for the shard to participate in and having a location near a moongate would be a tremendous benefit. The tower would be made that people can be friended so that they may have free access to come and go as they please. The rooftop of a tower would make an excellent place to train for students securely and without interruptions. With many rooms to store supplies needed for training, supplies that I plan to offer all students free of charge so that learning these skills does not become a financial burden.

I am more than happy to pay more than fair market value of the small marble building, a price could be negotiated if you do wish to seek reimbursement should you decide to allow this to happen. Of course the rich may not need the gold and we would gladly accept it as a donation as well. If I had the coin I would erect a statue of you in the University so that you may live on as a legend and everyone would know you made this possible, sadly right now I do not have that ability but a contract could be made. Also I am fairly certain that we could relocate your marble house maybe 25 steps or so South West of it's current location after the tower is built if it pleases you. I have a vision for the success of this University and how it could impact the lives of the people here as well as the world as a whole. I stare out the window of my Villa at the cobwebs on your home and I can only hope you see my vision as well.

Please take this in to serious consideration and if you'd like to talk privately please let me know. If you find this to be something that you do not wish to be a part of then that is your right, and I will bother you no more and move on with Plan B. I await your thoughts.

Again, thank you for your time and consideration.

Signed,

Ervin Bloodstone

@Jebidiah
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    Canis likes this.
  12. Jebidiah

Jebidiah Active Member

Jebidiah opens his tampered with mailbox... "Bandits again", he thinks to himself. A letter is present this time however, and Jebidiah begins to read the correspondence.

Read.
    Response.
    Delivered.

You receive a letter from Jebidiah,

Dear Ervin,

I have read your inquiry and have found it desirable. I believe this arrangement can be produced. When I first began the Post Office, it was with the same intent of accessibility and interaction. While I would love to restart the Post Office in all of its prime and glory, this may not be a possibility due to time. Granted I do not take this request lightly. The land which the Post Office now occupies is sacred to me, more sacred than all of the gold and other estates I have now. Many people don't know this about me not even @Chris or @Telamon , (whichever is his forum handle), but I have been on this shard since the very beginning under numerous alter egos and have long waited for that spot with many dreams and insane beliefs... that I accomplished, and because of it I have found some of the best people I have ever known even in the real world. From @Jupiter to many of the other Paws, Stormhold members, Project Sanctuary, and even the members of cA and many more! This site was not just a means of entertainment for me, but it was a community creation. I am reluctant, but I am glad that if it should be that the Post Office is demolished on this historic land-site that it would be replaced by another institution of community building and dare I say Chaos?

My request is, that you remember it as it was. Build a shrine in the honor of it, you will take my Eagle Statue and place it upon said shrine, my pride and joy of this shard and present it to all who enter your establishment. Should you ever decide to close your facility, I demand sincerely that you return the statue and hopefully the land to me.

If these terms are acceptable for you, than I agree.

Cordially,

Jebidiah

@Ervin
    OptimisticSam, Jupiter, Canis and 5 others like this.
  13. Hoominaga

Hoominaga Well-Known Member

RIP Post Office
  14. Ervin

Ervin Well-Known Member

A speedy letter of return arrives,

Jebidiah,
    I am beyond words with excitement of this news and with the amount of servanthood you have for these lands. I agree to your terms and swear it to the Gods that should I ever break this contract may the Gods take from me what is not mine and with swift harshness return to you what is yours by right. I am an honorable person so I do not fear that it would be necessary to invoke the Gods. All who enter the University shall be greeted by the Eagle Statue and story to accompany it.

Please take your time and when you are ready it would be best to transfer ownership of the house so that my general contractor can coordinate when the building of the University can take place smoothly without issue. If you would like the deed returned to you just let me know. I feel it would be best that the next time we speak be in a more secure way.

Thank you again,
    Ervin Bloodstone

@Jebidiah
    Canis, Orion GM BD and Jupiter like this.
  15. snap dragon

It's not RIP for the post office! The post office can be rebuilt anywhere, the spirit lives on! If PS wants to ruin this one particular location, it's not a huge loss!
    Erza Scarlet, Ponne and Jebidiah like this.
  16. Jebidiah

Jebidiah Active Member

Ervin,

I have a tendency to do these manners in a "legal" traditional sort of manner. I can transfer the deed possibly Monday but at some point through this coming week at best, I cannot promise exactly right now I am on the Pacific side and usually only have availability after 5 p.m.

I however require you to bring one witness to sign documentation as well as for you.

You will be provided a copy of the contract.

I will contact you Monday if I can, but if anything Tuesday for sure.

@Ervin
    Jupiter likes this.
  17. Ervin

Ervin Well-Known Member

That is fine, I can produce a witness and will bring a written contract. You let me know when is convenient for you and I will make the adjustment as needed on my end.
    Thank you

@Jebidiah
    Jupiter likes this.
  18. Jebidiah

Jebidiah Active Member

The contract has already been produced. I will see you sometime this week to come to terms.
  19. Ponne

Ponne Well-Known Member

Raven steals old purply and now you do this??? Ruining UOR landmarks. You people should be ashamed... @snap dragon

Rebuild the post office!!!
  20. snap dragon

It's a sad day indeed. I don't see an end in sight for the rampant tyranny in Sosaria caused by the Project Sanctuary guild. Removing old purpley, housing members of PK guilds despite it being against their charter, having members that run joebots for iderp, and other members that buy items for money.. i mean beer. Sad times!
    Hoominaga and Ponne like this.