Why Resync Client?

Discussion in 'PvP Discussion' started by RMarc69, Apr 24, 2018.

1. RMarc69

RMarc69 Well-Known Member

Whats the importance of the resync client and when is it used? I seen it mentioned in the guide but tats all. I didn't see when it mentioned the reason and use.
    I finally finished some of my PvP templates so now I want to try and use them. Thanks
  2. Jill Stihl

Jill Stihl Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Sometimes your UO client and the server will disagree about exactly where you are in the game. When this happens you can find yourself unable to move in one or more directions. Re-synchronising the client forces the client and server to confirm your position and fixes the problem.

If you don't have a hotkey set in Razor re-opening the paperdoll resynchs the client (alt+P).
    Hadrian, Meradin, Gwenno and 2 others like this.
  3. Melochabre

Melochabre Well-Known Member

You want to resync when you notice that as you try to move in a certain direction, the game acts as though an invisible wall were blocking your path. No matter how else you move, your direction will be blocked for one axis - this can inevitably lead to you getting boxed up against a corner or other wall. Simply press the resync hotkey that you set in Razor and the client will update your position with the server. Then, you can move about freely until you un-sync again.
    RMarc69 likes this.
  4. Unknown_Hero

Unknown_Hero Active Member

This server is the only one I've ever had to resync so often, others never had to resync.
  5. SneakyT

SneakyT Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

I don't see an increase of resyncing on this server. Seems pretty normal. Casting a spell and moving or trying to run through a door that just closed or bumping into people a lot while running will cause this to happen a lot. Also if you are stunned or paralyzed it happens .
  6. Eugen

Eugen Active Member

Where are you playing from? I have similar issues and only on this server.
  7. JimmyTheHand

JimmyTheHand Well-Known Member

Some recent discussion and comparison is actually suggesting that desync could be due to too fast of a connection. As in, the data being sent too quick and the server may be correcting/preventing potential cheat/hack actions.

Whereas when lagging or high ping, desync doesn't seem to occur as frequently/at all.

Anyone got some pings/up/down speeds we can add to data collected? (Minimal so far)

Chris may have some thoughts on this, he knows better than any if theres a system in place dealing with data flow at speeds faster than the game server likes.
  8. Unknown_Hero

Unknown_Hero Active Member

East Coast, never really happened on any other server this often. Usually only when I got stuck under tiles did I ever need to resync.
  9. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

I don't feel that I have any more or less desyncs than the other servers I played a good amount of time on.
  10. RMarc69

RMarc69 Well-Known Member

Yes that used to happen to me all the time when I first started. I usually logged out and back in to resolve. I will make sure to have this macro set for all my chars now. Thanks for the info
  11. Buga

Buga Well-Known Member

Probbably this is my case, I play from Argentina and my ping is around 230ms now (crappy ISP decidedd to route my traffic through spain to reach the shard, it used to be lower) and I don't have desync issues. It happened once or twice in months.
    JimmyTheHand likes this.
  12. Plawho

Plawho New Member

In the last hour of playing, I had to resync 3 times due to not being able to move in a certain direction. and its only happening on this server. It's not gonna stop me from playing here but it can get pretty annoying, especially when I start pvping. arghh!
  13. JimmyTheHand

JimmyTheHand Well-Known Member

What's your ping? :)

'-ping' in game if unaware
  14. Plawho

Plawho New Member

Avg: 80-90. sometimes it shoots up to 140-160. I'm located on the east coast of usa.

Now that I'm thinking about it, the lockup desync issue did happen on another server that I use to play on. but very rarely, like 1-2 times a month. then I switched from Razor to Steam and in the next couple of years, it never happened again. It also solved my client crash issue.

Update: I got to play some more these couple of days and the desyncing issue is getting worst. I ran through the first level of covetous and had to resync 3-4 times :mad:
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
  15. jorge

jorge New Member

Wow, had no idea about that! I guess an old wizard can learn new tricks...
  16. POTHEAD

POTHEAD Active Member

This is a MUST have macro for all.

Re synchronize client. Sometimes you you will become not synchronized and unable to move in a direction or stuck in the floor.
    Drop what you are currently holding. Sometimes an item will get stuck on your courser and you wont be able to see it or drop it.
    Cancel current target. Work the same as hitting Esc while you have a target up on your courser.
    Clear target queue. If you use queue last target this will clear it if you have a target in queue.
    Clear scavenger cache. I believe with works the same way clear drag/drop works.
    Stop "PacketVideo" Recording. Stops Video capture.
    Clear drag/drop queue. this will clear the queue or items being moved or used.
    (i.e. if its trying to open many corps or upon opening uo and its trying to open all the bags)

Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1337|
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1309|
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1332|
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1195|
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1389|
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1368|
    Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1340|

Attached Files:

17. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I desync every 10 tiles or less.
  18. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Targetting moving spells (recall, teleport) can also resynch even if you cancel the cursor.
  19. Salick

Salick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

It seems if I use teleport it fixes it... but this seems to be more feasible.
    Hadrian likes this.
  20. snap dragon

snap dragon Well-Known Member

I have like 120-180 ping and de-synced all the time. Normally it's when I cast a spell and continue to try to run while frozen, or when hitting a teleporter without stop running, or (problem had on uosa) using a teleport ring (doesnt exist here) to teleport while running without a stop. Rarely it's from running diagonally and hitting an object like running through the woods. Doesn't happen going in NSEW direction, but if diagonal and hitting some dynamic (even frozen to map) item character will deflect to the cardinal direction but desync by 1 tile.

It happens a lot on uosa and uor. For some reason it doesn't happen me on some of the servers using newer clients with smooth boats and all that mess.