Will UOR IRC work from a smartphone?

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Ningauble, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member
    UO:R Donor

And if so, how do I do that? I'm not overly computer-savvy and understand even less about my Note II, but I think that the IRC channel might make my long, boring, and unsupervised Saturdays at work much more entertaining. Can any of you digital ninjas help me out?
  2. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

You can probably buy an irc program for your phone. In terms of free, I know that the web based IRC from here is flash based so if your phone plays flash you might be able to log on. I am not comp savvy either so thats all i got.
  3. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

I've yet to do it myself so im not overly familiar with it, but I know that it can be done & android offers an application specifically for this purpose. As far as free however, I didn't look into it heavily but the few I did see off a brief search were not free & all required payment in order to download.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .irc&hl=en
  4. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

Thank you for the response. I'll monkey around and see if I can get it to work. I'd consider a few bucks for a phone app to make my day less mindnumbing a work related expense. :)
  5. Atraxi

Atraxi Member

There are a lot of free Android irc clients. I've used AndChat on and off for a couple years. I assume it's still free. It was the last time i downloaded it last year. It's simple to set up, and you can choose 2 alt nicks in case you commonly have connection issues, like I do.

So, many times I'll lose conn a couple times, come back as Atraxi[phone] and find my ghosts Atraxi[cell] and Atraxi[droid] listed right next to me in the channel. LOL!

Plus it's got some features found on computer irc clients, such as "autojoin" and "autorun commands", and can save as many irc servers as you need, if you commonly connect to more than one.

Not all of the Android irc clients save logs, and neither does this one by default. You can set it to save chat logs, though. I have that disabled on my phone though, because my phone sucks. lol

hit me up if you need any help. I'm Atraxi in irc, as well. :)
  6. Atraxi

Atraxi Member

7. Ningauble

Ningauble Active Member

Thanks for the help Atraxi. I downloaded andchat but can't get it to connect. However that is probably me doing something wrong. If it wasn't a clickable link on the website I'd probably screw up connecting from my PC as well.
  8. Atraxi

Atraxi Member

if you can, connect with your pc and shoot me a pm. i'm sure i can help you out