Wooden Boards

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by the finest, Sep 14, 2016.

1. the finest

the finest Member

New player here, been making my living off resource gathering... mainly boards atm as I want to make some LJ's for pvp.

Was just wondering how are boards so DAMN CHEAP. Maybe I'm doing something wrong here? But I can only gather about 3k wooden boards in about an hour time and these bad boys only sell for 3gp per? Can someone explain to me how to optimize my clears for wooden boards? ( yes I know about oak boards but that still doesn't take away how painfully slow it is to gather wooden boards ).
  2. Alex Caember

Alex Caember Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but I think the price of most resources are set by what you can buy from NPCs - so 2gp for cloth, 8gp for iron ingots, etc.
  3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

3 accounts
  4. Orion GM BD

Orion GM BD Well-Known Member

Totally agree sir.

@the finest, we are able to have 3 accts here [which you probably know], so its a good idea to make another LJ and run them
    at the same time. I also used the 3rd acct to run the boards of the 2 chars. You have to use toggling
    between all 3 chars for this to work. I setup marcos for each char using hatchet on the tree, changing the
    target by type. Moving the chars to the next tree once a tree was empty. Important to turn off the macro
    if you aren't watching, because you will get the resourse gathering gump to make sure you are there.

I may not be explaining it the best way, but I think you get the general idea of how to get this going. You will
    double the boards you can sell, as well when you get them both to GM, the oak will start dropping and
    you can sell those higher, thus making the ache of regular boards worth it.

I have a housing area setup for chopping trees that I'd be glad to show you and let you use the small house
    there to work out of. Basicly its a cluster of trees with low traffic you can chop with 2 chars fairly fast, that yields
    a nice amount of both types of boards. PM if your interested and I'll get you there and co own you.

Cheers!
  5. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This ^

The price for boards and ingots on NPCs should be changed so people can actually get more for their hard work!
    One, Orion GM BD and the finest like this.
  6. Hydrox

Hydrox Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

^
    This is why we have inflation in our governments.

There are other options for gathering resources that provide a higher rate of pay. Don't want McDonalds pay, don't work at McDonalds.
    Christoph Brock likes this.
  7. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

It doesn't matter what method you use to obtain resources. That fact remains that the npc price dictates the going rate. If you want iron ingots you can just buy them up from a npc's the same way you can buy up bulk regs. when I made my smith/tinker, I bought over 100k ingots from npc's in one day. There is no faster way to obtain iron igots.

Colored ingots and oak and a different story thought..
    Hydrox likes this.
  8. Hydrox

Hydrox Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Agreed.
    Ahirman likes this.