World Map UO Classic

Discussion in 'Server & Client Support' started by Southpaw, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Southpaw

Southpaw Active Member

Just loaded uo classic and noticed a few things and I'm sure its me. I opened the world map but I cant zoom in and out and the map don't follow me or keep me centered. I have to stop what I'm doing and drag the map in position to show me. Also when I set a last target micro it don't recognize the last target. When i hit the hotkey for the micro it just throws up the target icon and makes me stop and click. This same macro works fine on the other version of uo I been playing this week. I am sure im missing something as I just started the classic version a little while ago.

Thanks in advance ,
    South
  2. Chadarius

Chadarius Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Right click on the World Map and click Free View to turn it off.

Why don't you screen shot and/or paste the macro so we can take a look at it. I don't have any issues with Last Target so I'm sure it should work fine once you get the issue sorted out.
  3. Southpaw

Southpaw Active Member

Thanks again for your help. Free view helped on the map but I cant seem to zoom it .I'm using the wheel on my mouse to try and zoom but its now working very good, the map is so far zoomed out only way I can get it close is keep spinning mouse wheel over and over and after a while it will zoom in enough to see shops and my toon. Next problem is when I move the map don't move with me when I do get it zoomed enough to see me, not keeping my toon centered I guess. Still fooling with it

Somehow the map started keeping me centered and that part seems to be fine. I can get zoom to work , just have to keep rolling the wheel till it gets to a place I like it and hope I don't bump the wheel after I do lol.

Thanks a ton for all your patience and help ,
    South
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  4. Chadarius

Chadarius Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

The only reason the map would not move with you is if you have free view turned on.

Do you have anything else assigned to your mouse wheel for macros or anything? Perhaps something is interfering with it. I have no issues zooming with the map.
  5. Southpaw

Southpaw Active Member

Nothing on wheel I can think of. It's kind of weird,I can zoom in but it's super Sensitive, barley touched it, it's zoom so far out that it's just little yellow dots on map .When I roll wheel Opposite way to zoom back in it don't want to go back .If I keep messing with it will get back so I can see stuff again.May be my mouse it's like me it has some age lol. I just need to keep messing with it I guess. Other than the zoom so far so good.

Thanks so much for all your help and Patience, South
  6. Southpaw

Southpaw Active Member

Wanted to update ya on the zooming problem in the map in case someone else runs against this problem. I got me a new mouse and the zooming problem went away. All is good now