Would you pay me for this?

Discussion in 'Photography & Videography' started by Vlar, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of putting together a base level layout for all the houses like this and smaller (including L-shape). So... you could either hit my vendor and buy the kit, or pay me extra and have me install it for you. What do you think?

Small
    [​IMG]

L-Shape
    COMING SOON

Villa

Porch

[​IMG]

1st Floor
    [​IMG]

2nd Floor
    [​IMG]

Let me know what you think! The designs typically take up about half the houses lock-downs. Which leaves you the rest to use on clutter. (things on tables, statues, plates forks etc etc)
    Rick O'Connell, Basoosh and Wise like this.
  2. Huzke

Huzke Active Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I'm terrible at house decorating and would definitely consider paying someone to do it for me.
  3. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

You might want to include a security table wall in the villa perpendicular to the front door otherwise looks awesome!
  4. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

The Porch on the Villa should have hay and such for horses. All my houses are designed in a 'roleplay' manner and do not come with table walls.
    Jupiter likes this.
  5. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

In that case put chairs on the balcony, no one wants to RP sitting on tiny stools....
    Jack of Shadows likes this.
  6. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Will your small kits come with the Fur on the front step ? :)

Free Idea for ya... Start up a 'Magzine' called "Better UO Homes & Villas" do monthly releases via ingame Post Office system.... ITS GOLD I TELL YA
    Huzke and Jupiter like this.
  7. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Yes!
  8. purple

purple Member

good idea landarr
  9. purple

purple Member

Vlar likes this.
  10. Baine

Baine Well-Known Member

Purple, from my end it looks like you need to re-upload your deco pics. I can't view any of them. Don't you just love the new forum :p
  11. nightshark

nightshark Member

I would pay someone to deco my fort when I place it. My idea of decoing is just throwing trash on the floor. So if you're keen, I could pay you!
    Vlar likes this.
  12. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Sure! What kind of house do you have?
  13. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Since I've posted this I've decorated quite a few people's homes! Bumping the thread as in the next few days I'm going to post a few more screenshots of house templates I've completed.
  14. Rick O'Connell

Rick O'Connell Member

I grabbed one of Vlar's small house deco-kits and let me tell you, it made decorating a small *SO MUCH EASIER* I highly recommend grabbing them if you are in the market for decorations. I did make a couple slight changes. I didnt have a need for the flour mill so I took it out and placed 2 tables in it's place. One to hold a lantern and one to hold a chest (the chest is actually floated above the door but it appears to be on the second table) The chest is a secure that is accessible from inside or out and I put my keys in it (the key ring also holds the key to the lockdown box inside), other things I need on a daily basis without having to go inside, restock of regs, filled/charged runebook for when I lose one to a PK I can just grab another and go, etc. You can see the chest right above the door as a small dark area that looks like part of the door frame. You can see also that I removed the items from the front porch since I didnt need the table for keys :

[​IMG]

Here is one of the interior as you enter. You can see all of the addons in the kit except the anvil. The lantern on the east wall is sitting on it. There is also an additional pouch included that is dropped behind the loom and locked down for tailoring supplies:

[​IMG]

And here is the one inside showing the secure chest sitting on one of the tables I replaced the mill with. There is still a water trough even though I'm not going to be baking because I have to bring my horse in at night or else an orc might eat it or a ruthless brigand could kill it just for fun:

[​IMG]

14 lockdowns total leaving 11 for whatever else you might want to place inside. Not bad at all...

One thing I would like to see added to the kit? A hatchet :) I placed the bed too far out and had to go hunt one down to fix it :) All in all I found this kit to be very versatile..I tried all kinds of combos with it but the layout Vlar shows originally works the best. Other than the changes to the mill and secure chest the only thing I remember adding myself were the bolts of cloth.
    Vlar and Wise like this.
  15. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for the review! :D I should have though about the hatchet thing! Hah, with THAT many add-ons.

So hopefully soon here, I'll have a screenshot of all the smaller houses deco'd in my style that I can sell to you in a box. (co-owners can't place add-ons) Or I'd do it myself for you.