Wrestling v Defensive Wrestling

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Zyler, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

I have one last skill for my mage and traditionally, I would fill it with Wrestling to prevent spell disruption. However the chatter about Defensive Wrestling (Anat+Eval) has stalled me in rounding out skills. There's a divide of opinion on which would be better however since I dont have healing or any other use for Anat, Im leaning towards Wrestling as my final skill.
    Is Defensive Wrestling a hoax? If not, is it better than Wrestling for spell disruption? All thoughts, opinions, etc welcome although I would like to see the math on which is better. My guess is take anat if healing, wrestle if not. Txs.
  2. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Yes, I heard Anat+Eval was the same as having gm wrestling if someone is hitting you. Some reasons people go this route is:
    Anat + Tact + Weapon + Eval
    Anat + Healing + Eval

If not doing these or going for stun (Anat+Wrestle) you shouldn't need anatomy.
  3. Robbbb

Robbbb Member

What are your other skills? Do you have tactics and swords like a traditional T2A mage? If so, anatomy will make you hit harder and you will have gm wrestling basically.

If you have something like poisoning and scibe then adding anatomy over wrestling wont really make a difference.
  4. Simon Swift

Simon Swift New Member

If you have anatomy instead of wrestling in this situation, you can't punch disrupt.
  5. Solar

Solar New Member

Weapon damage is still broken... Kinda crazy that a char with anat, (weapons skills) and tactics (taking 300 skill) cannot produce the damage that a char with 300 skill magery, med, eval can produce... Not to say that the mage is *cough* *cough* over powered... But something must be done with the structure in witch damage factors correctly into your ar value...