WTB Mask or Dye (Help)

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Vandalin, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Hi guys,

I'm after either a mask dye, or a mask (bear or deer). The colors I want seem to be hard to come by, but if anyone can help with an 1109, 2424 (is this an ore hue?), or something similar, please pm me. Dark/earthy is my preference over bright colors, and I would consider any sort of grey, green, brown etc...

Thanks!
  2. Supra

Supra Active Member

2424 is most likely not available. It's the iron hue, which was used as a reward hue for the dull copper dye. That mistake was patched out very fast and only a few 2424 masks/dyes exist anymore.

1109 should be available. It's one of the more elite dyes, 800k to 1mil.

You can find the available bod ward (non-event) dyes here: http://uorforum.com/threads/renaissance-blog-the-bulk-order-reward-review.568/

Only the 2424 is wrong, all the others are correct.

You would probably want to buy 1508 (horned leather orange), 2124 (green), or some of the ore dyes. These are relatively cheap (200-500k) and most of them have pre-patch sandals that aren't too expensive to match the look.
  3. Vandalin

Thanks so much for the info. Did the 2424 get replaced with a similar hue or did it just get scrapped with no replacement?
    Do you think the 2406 and 2413 fall into the cheaper group?

Thanks Supra!
  4. Supra

Supra Active Member

I think it got replaced by 2419. Funny though, the AMIB chest hue for dull copper never was changed, so it's still 2424.

The existing 2424's weren't changed I think. I haven't been playing here around that time, but in principle items aren't changed/deleted once they are created and in the economy. Even if it was a mistake.

2406 and 2413 dyes are quite cheap. ~100k for the 2413, and perhaps 200-300k for the 2406.

But getting the fitting sandals might be tough. Only two 2413's exist, and 33 of the 2406. Getting 2124's or 1508's is a bit easier and probably cheaper.
  5. Vandalin

Great info, thanks again.

I'll narrow my focus to 2419, 2413 and 2418, I guess. The 2406 looks way too purple to me, which I keep forgetting.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  6. PaperSquirrels

PaperSquirrels Well-Known Member

What are pre-patched sandals? I hear that mentioned every so often but I was considering something along this thread
  7. Supra

Supra Active Member

UO:R history lesson #3 commences now. :p

Back then (before even I joined), one could dye sandals with leather dye tubs. You could for example choose all the ore colors and their different shadings, and stuff like the 2118, 2124, 2130 etc etc. These are called pre-patch sandals, because a patch made it impossible to dye them anymore like that.

Check this page for an overview of sandals: http://www.uorenaissance.com/itemdetails/Sandals/170E/1

Most sandals, with hues above 2000 are pre-patch sandals, with a few exceptions below the hue 2000 marker. However, 1800 to 1910 drops from NPCs.

The pre-patch sandals become more rare with every passing day, so better get a good stock when they show up in forums for sale. It's always worthwhile to buy them as their value generally increases.
  8. PaperSquirrels

PaperSquirrels Well-Known Member

Thank you for the info. If one was to purchase some now, would you be able to dye them? And how would you confirm if a pre-patch sandal is in fact pre-patch?
  9. Supra

Supra Active Member

1) You can't dye sandals anymore. Maybe with some special event reward dye perhaps, but I think sandals usually come with their hue and aren't dyed.

2) You check the hue. For example with the ingame decorator tool. Or you can use razor too: Display/Counters tab --> Add --> Target gives the hue. If it's a pre-patch hue, it IS pre-patch per definition. :p

Non crafter-marked sandals are usually more valuable btw. Just check old sales.
    Vandalin and PaperSquirrels like this.