WTB - Ocllo Real Estate (DONE!)

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Earsnot, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Earsnot

Earsnot Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

YO YO YO!

Being in the game I'm in I obviously see a lot of houses.
    Especially a lot of houses in various stages of decay and various stages of use.
    Ocllo has 27(??) houses on it, most are used, really used, but there are quite a few that aren't used and hit greatly worn at least once a month.
    2 that might as well be empty.

[​IMG]

After reading @Thelax 's post about improving our server and @wylwrk 's post about vets spending more time lurking the newbie island I ran around it last night and had some fun, spoke to a few new players and farmed with a newbie for a bit then this morning read @RavenMagi 's post:

Hashtag nailed it.

PS's new player homes are great and I'm not knocking what they do for the server AT ALL, but they are no where near as active as they used to be and I also feel like they offer a specific introduction to the server that appeals to a specific sort of player. When I first started here I was aware of the PS new player homes and the sort of guild they were and it didn't appeal to me. I'm not into RP, and their core values - though noble and respectable - weren't totally aligned with my intention of getting out there in some neon clothes, finding trouble, having fun and not taking anything too seriously. Again, I'm not knocking what PS does at all, HUGE fan of their work here. Just not my scene.

Like attracts like though, when I've gone into Ocllo previously as Earsnot in neon orange and green I get hottied up by wildcards, I've met some rad people on the same hype as me at the infancy of their time here and it was cool to chat and pass on knowledge. And I think thats a group of people that are possibly being overlooked. Dudes who aren't saving for their first house but instead saving up 500k for neon hair. Thats my people!

SO.

I want a house on Ocllo island, You know I got cheddar for it, and if I can get a house on Ocllo I'm going to start a guild called The Booger Boys.
    I'm active A\F, have knowledge* to pass on down and time and patience to help a bunch of new cool cats out, give them a guild to chuck all their toons into so they can spar in town, a house they can macro in, a place to base their operations out of and help them all save for neon hair and sandals.

If you're holding an Ocllo house and you want to cash out - Holla at ya boy.

Cause I believe that the key to improving server growth is making sure our new players have every available opportunity to grow, and if thats the key this island is the lock.
    Crack it open fam.

*debatable
    Hawkeye, Cha, eherruh and 14 others like this.
  2. Earsnot

Ok, How about this to start with.

Who owns the Houses on Ocllo.

[​IMG]

Help me fill in the blanks:

2 = TnT/PS Provo house
    3 = TnT/PS Provo house
    4 = Someone
    5 = Paddy
    6 = ReZon
    7 = ReZon
    8 = ReZon
    11 = ReZon
    15 = ReZon
    16 = ReZon
    17 = ReZon
    18 = Claimed
    19 = @ReZon
    20 = Someone in TnT
    21 = Someone
    22 = Someone
    23 = Someone
    27 = Claimed

@PaddyOBrien I know you're the dude to help me fill in a bunch of blanks too.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    PaddyOBrien, wylwrk and NCCML like this.
  3. Sara

Sara Well-Known Member

20 I think is somone in TNT

Believe ReZon owns 15,16,17 and 8 also

2 and 3 are of course Provo houses TNT and PS each own one
    Earsnot likes this.
  4. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Well-Known Member

ReZon has new player housing in Ocllo so be owns a few. I think 90% of the homes in ocllo help new players in some form.
    Earsnot likes this.
  5. Althorn

Althorn Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Do they though? I mean yes they are offered to new players & it’s really cool to have players willing to do so. But I know as a new player I wanted nothing to do with that. I wanted my own shit. I used to get aggravated when walking from the bank and seeing all afks, & then empty houses all scattered throughout the island. It adds an empty vibe to the new player zone that isn’t sexy IMO.
    Ruck, Player X, PaddyOBrien and 3 others like this.
  6. Hoominaga

Hoominaga Well-Known Member

21, 22, 23 are all the same owner and not available at all afaik; I'll leave it up to them if they want to add their name. Although I'm pretty sure there's a book on the small tower with the name lol.
    Earsnot likes this.
  7. Althorn

Guys offering to create a new player guild, this is a huge sacrifice of his own free time, to help increase the player base.

If I had a house on ocllo knowing im not active and don’t contribute shit to the game.I’d just give it to you for free, based on your intentions tbh. But that’s me. *shrugs* good luck snot! I’d be interested in being involved even though I’m not very active, when I do pop on I do enjoy helping new players. Let me know if I can assist
  8. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member

Yeah this is what I don't really get (anymore). People hoarding houses who haven't played in years or for some kind of future profit. How is it a worthwhile investment if you've 100% lost interest in the game? However, I don't think it's cool to tell people what to do with their stuff or force them out, so who knows.
    I don't want to turn this into a 'housing' thread, apologies.

This is a great idea. Good luck, snot.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    Player X, Hadrian and Earsnot like this.
  9. Earsnot

Thanks dude! I'm happy to leave names out of it. I'm not on anyone's asses about it, just intrigued.
  10. Althorn

Nah def not cool to force people out lol but like it’s a game & while it’s cool to be rich or invested. For the love of UO I think the sacrifice would be noble & way more impactful.

Edit : Sorry to derail in a sense. GL!
    Earsnot and Vandalin like this.
  11. Earsnot

If you were giving one away I'd take it, and I'd also most definitely hit you up to be involved this isn't about exclusivety, it's about getting more people on the server we love.
  12. Earsnot

Thanks dude!
    I will turn future profit into present profit for someone! Hah
  13. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Yeah and for every player that didn't use/like the ReZon public housing there is likely going to be a post about a player who did.

I think the dial got turned up a tad bit too much. The point was, if you're hanging out swing by Ocllo and chat with the new players there (if you can find any) every once in awhile. That simple little action alone would be a 100% improvement on the current situation.

There's no secret sauce, pill, or magic spell that's gonna "fix it all".
    Just be more social... mkay? Do a sewer tour with somebody. Answer some questions. Get them on IRC. Have fun for f's sake.

Post Script, there's a few new players right now that are very active in Ocllo.

Roy The Mustang
    FireLord
    Ruby McNuggets

I mean, come on. How can you not wanna have a convo with a Ruby McNuggets?

Let's say just one of those players makes the hop off the island and into the great big world. Let's continue to say that player gets into... fishing. (w/e). Time passes and they accumulate several items and place their first big auction. Nets, mib's, Tmaps, oh my.... look at all the activity created by just one active player. Nets get thrown, tmaps get done, AMIB's get ran.

I'd encourage everyone to turn off the beacons, call off the search, and leave the faceless villains ( "house hoarders" in this case ) be. The housing issue is it's own monster with its own battlefield.
    Canis and Nusir like this.
  14. Vandalin

Vandalin Well-Known Member

Wyl I don't think this is a dig at ReZon or an attack on home owners. So many players on UOR have passed through those houses (me included). Totally agree with your post above but if Earsnot sees potential for something big here I don't know why he shouldn't pursue it.
  15. Earsnot

I did exactly that last night, and yea it was the name that did it for me too, they were killing elementals in the dungeon. Great name.

I definitely am not looking to turn any Ocllo House owner into a villain, at all, at all. They own a house in Ocllo, congrats! Would they like to sell it for a good cause hah
  16. Earsnot

You should know me better by now dude ;)

Nusir likes this.
  17. Thelax

Thelax Well-Known Member

Everyone has a valid point. Wylwrk has really good knowledge on this stuff. Earsnot that’s awesome that you want to do this.
    Does PS have any stake on Ocllo isle?
    @Lord Krake
  18. BlackEye

BlackEye Well-Known Member

6/7 should be Rezon too. I gave my property to him, when I quit quit some time ago.
    He was able to place these houses when the guard zone was shifted.
  19. BlackEye

4 is owned by someone, I don't want to mention without his permit. That player isn't looking into these forums though afaik and has his place refreshed. I doubt there is a way to contact him right now. He might return though.
  20. BlackEye

It's a WTB request, @Nose Goblin ... these naturally don't have bids and sales.