WTS- 10,000 Iron Brick Thingamabobs! SAY WHAT?!

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by acburl88, Mar 14, 2014.

1. acburl88

acburl88 Member

These thingamabobs are the bee's knees!
    They are hard, heavy, and shiny; appear to be made of iron.
    Did I mention that they are shiny!
    Im sure you can do something with them, ummm....

Oh I got it!!!

You can use these to make weapons or something! Just grab one and throw it faster than one of those counting purple potions!
    There won't be an explosion of fire, but there will be n explosion of laughter when it hits your mark in the face!

You can also use it to protect yourself. I mean, there are 10,000 of these things. Build you a wall on each side of you! Nothing would attack you then!

Blind your enemies by reflecting the sun's light off of them, then you can drop it on their toes! That would hurt a bunch.

The possibilities of these thingamabobs could be endless! and they are shiny!

Asking 73gp per, but will be willing to drop to 8gp per if asked nicely. SO DON'T BE A MEANIE HEAD!

IRC --> MrMister
    Zyler likes this.
  2. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This has to be one of the funniest posts I have ever read.
  3. Liberation

Liberation Well-Known Member

i'll buy these.
  4. acburl88

acburl88 Member

still want them liberation? I just polished them, so they are extra shiny!
  5. Liberation

Yep I sure do
  6. acburl88

acburl88 Member

ok, ill try my best to get these to you tomorrow, but i can't make any promises.
  7. Liberation

i've been trying to buy these ingots for days. today i get a PM in irc that he's finally ready to do the deal!

[12:01] <MrMister> still want those ingots, buddy?
    [13:16] <`Liberation> yes sir
    [13:16] <`Liberation> let me know when/where to meet
    [13:22] <MrMister> sorry man, i had an offer before you could get back to me.
    [13:30] <`Liberation> that's very shady
    [13:30] <`Liberation> i've been trying to buy these from you days
    [13:31] <MrMister> i asked you first man. i can't help if somebody got them before you.
  8. acburl88

acburl88 Member

i said no promises. i find it foolish to sit and wait for somebody to buy some ingots from me while i have 6 or 7 others chomping at the bit for them. my goal is to mine and sell as quickly as possible.

find it funny that you didn't include the entire conversation. just an excerpt from it.

if you don't want to buy from me that is fine. there are other sellers and others buyers as well.
  9. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Your advertisement to sell at a given rate, is a promise. Liberation said he would purchase them and you agreed. At this point, you are effectively just scamming or misleading people. You also flaked on a sale that I was the only response to: http://uorforum.com/threads/wts-20k-ingots-wtf-will-you-do-with-all-those.4462/

TERRIBLE SELLER, BOYCOTT AT ALL COSTS. SELLER WILL NOT COMMIT TO AGREED SALES TERMS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR OWN LISTING.
    Liberation likes this.
  10. boothby

boothby Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Misleading? Sure. Saying it's a scam is a stretch.
  11. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's not a scam, just terrible business practice and should not be supported as a result. If you're posting something and you flake on the only person to reply, don't bother posting. It's shitty.
  12. acburl88

acburl88 Member

13. acburl88

acburl88 Member

all of my sales post give my IRC name for a reason. I can't help when I'm bombarded with buy offers. If I have 1 product with 5 buyers, 4 will lose and pitch a fit about it. Boycott if you want, there will still be buyers. I stick by what I did and will not change it.
  14. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

No one is going to pitch a fit if someone else POSTED their agreement to your sale offer on the forums first. Please, cite where that has happened with any legitimacy.

If you are intent on selling fast and listening for responses in IRC alone, then perhaps posting only there would suffice? Instead of wasting your time writing fantastic sales threads and snubbing replies from people who immediately post acceptance.

Sure, sell how you will, sorry to be an asshole as usual but try to have some consideration for decency in sales.
  15. acburl88

acburl88 Member

^^ '1 out of 5' Point Proven.

I didn't realize ingots were a rarity on UOR. I guess I was the only one selling them, and probably should have been charging more.
    Amph likes this.