WTS: Patek Mining Macro (PMM) - Fully automated 1/2/3 Character Guard-Zone Mining Macro!

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by Patek, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Patek

Patek Active Member
    UO:R Donor

Afternoon all,

Following the successful launch of the PRB Automated Reagent Buyer, I'd like to introduce you to my latest macro set, the

Patek Mining Macro (PMM)!

So what does the PMM do?:
    - Mines 336 different ore veins - all within guard zones!
    - True single-click design for mining ore where all you have to do is click AFK gumps
    - Built for 1, 2 or 3 character operation
    - Time to mine all of each characters veins is almost double the resource respawn time, meaning that multiple empty ore veins are not a problem
    - At current ingot market rates (8/20), it produces 55k-60k gp worth of ingots per hour with 3 characters running.
    - Automatically drops ore, restocks regs, restock shovels and even includes automatic creation of shovels/tinker kits!
    - Recalls in a random pattern to each mining spot and to banks to reduce griefing
    - Built for extremely reliable operation (average time between macro freezes per character based on testing is once every 4 hours). Resuming on a freeze takes all of 5 seconds and remembers where you were up to as well.
    - Covers almost every single Britannia and T2A guard-zone mining spot.
    - All you have to do to run it is make sure it has recall regs and ingots (for shovels), it does absolutely everything else.

PMM Kit consists of:
    - Fully customised macro pack of 861 macros
    - 15 rune books
    - 12 pouches
    - 3 full Razor profiles (agents, settings etc. included)
    - Installation and operation guide
    - Ongoing updates and support

Requirements:
    - 1, 2 or 3 characters with 100str, 70.1 magery, 50+ tinkering and GM meditation (equiv to a fresh character with about 10k spent)
    - Capacity for ~85 items in your bank
    - Thats it!
    (Your characters don't even need mining to start. I GM'ed two characters from 0 in mining without once manually clicking on an ore vein)

Installation takes around 5 minutes and requires no text editing at all, just some copy paste of directories and a few Razor counters. As opposed to the PRB's 50 page epic installation manual, everything is done by me as part of the purchase of this kit so its extremely easy to get running.

[​IMG]

PMM Kit price - 1,000,000 gp
    (No plat, no HC, no trades etc.)

As opposed to the PRB that has been released publicly, this macro set will be available solely for private purchase due to the complexity and level of effort required for its creation (both in development and per working macro set). Buyers will be kept anonymous (send purchase requests to me via PM) and each pack is customised and sent privately to the buyer with their own link. The macros will not be released by me nor the links for particular user's sets released.

(Additionally, all PRB queries and questions have related to sold kits/packs rather than those working on their own installs, so releasing the PMM for people to build themselves would have taken far longer as the documentation and placeholder stuff would have to be immense. That and listing all the marking locations with pictures like the PRB would have made the doco around 200 pages long)

Each pack is made to order, with delivery around 48 - 72hrs after order is confirmed. Purchase also includes any updates required to the macros in future and support ongoing.

FAQ:

Q: Is this against the rules?
    A: Nope. It doesn't circumvent the AFK GUMP at all and I have no intention of ever trying to get around that, so you still have to be able to click the GUMPs when they appear.

Q: Can I use my blessed runebook(s) with the macro?
    A: Yes, but it requires a few extra steps. Add this into your PM when placing your order and I'll factor it in.

Q: If I can't see it before purchasing, how do I know it does what you say?
    A: Look at the PRB as my proof, you can download it (https://mega.nz/#!YpZlWBRS!YrqAGy8ntjJtAFIfPvpxWJ1mk8ewd-trmtpejNxGYw8) and see that I don't mess around when it comes to macros. I can post a picture of me with 2,000,000+ stone of ore in a bag from a few weeks back I collected during testing if you want more proof though :p.

Q: Is it worth the price?
    A: It includes 681 macros, 15 runebooks with hundreds of marked locations, 3 profiles, lots of testing and lots of hours of work. Not to mention you can make back the purchase price of the system in a single day by running it. So yeah, I reckon its worth it heh.

Q: If it's so good, why are you selling it instead of just running it yourself?
    A: Kinda long story, but essentially I've switched jobs and location IRL that means running UO macros at work is a now a definite no-go and I also have a whole lot less free time to run it. That and I enjoy making macro systems as a kind of logic puzzle, so I figure I may as well make gp doing what I enjoy :)

Q: Are you developing a system for lumberjacking?
    A: I've built a few, but never to releasable/saleable quality or simplicity. I'll see what demand for this one is like and go from there.

Q: Can I change characters, add characters (if starting with 1 or 2) etc?
    A: I build the macro packs based on your character's unique IDs, so when you decide on another character you just let me know some details about the character and I update your link with everything ready to go. Happy to add and change it a few times as part of the initial cost, but if you change your mind constantly I'll charge a fee each time.

Q: What if I lose a runebook?
    A: If its a carried runebook I'll make one or two for free and update the pack, if its a banked runebook or you start losing them like crazy I'll charge a small fee per.

Q: Do the three characters have to be on separate accounts?
    A: Nope, you can run them on the same account if you wanted, you obviously just won't be able to run them at the same time.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    Fin, Darken, Rheanon and 2 others like this.
  2. FreeHugger

FreeHugger Well-Known Member

You should post a short video.
    Zyler likes this.
  3. Patek

Patek Active Member

Had that in mind, will look at getting one sorted in the next day or so :)
  4. Zathuel

Zathuel Active Member

This would be great, I’m very interested and would like to see how it works
  5. DaTamer

DaTamer Active Member

Is this the band aid in a box macro that Pirul perfected with 3 rune books like 5 years ago just adjusted for 15 rune books and no caves?
  6. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

And to think I gave it away to anyone who would asked for it politely...
    DaTamer likes this.
  7. DaTamer

DaTamer Active Member

And walked them through setting it up
  8. Erlkonig

Erlkonig Well-Known Member

because pirul was the first person to ever have the idea of making a recall mining macro ^

@Patek are the mining locations all the same across all PMM's sold?
  9. Pirul

Pirul Well-Known Member

Actually no. I received VERY helpful tips from @Lightshade and @Blaise among others.
    Lightshade likes this.
  10. DaTamer

DaTamer Active Member

Blaise did it all
    Pirul took the credit
    Lightshade tested it
    Erlkonig likes this.
  11. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

i invented the internet
    Lord Sky, Phillip, BlackEye and 3 others like this.
  12. DaBucs

DaBucs Well-Known Member

fixed for ya ;)
    wylwrk likes this.
  13. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that fully automated Razor mining macros were not invented on UO:R :)

They've been around for some time now. Not to mention Steam/EasyUO scripts...
  14. Patek

Patek Active Member

This macro set is completely new (I hadn’t even heard of Pirul’s one). Every line was authored from the ground up by me as was the PRB and is optimised for speed, redundancy and resiliency. There isn’t s single line of code that I don’t know what it’s doing or why it’s there :)

Regarding the releasing it thing. I released the PRB for free with huge amounts of work in the doco and install steps, but with the option to buy a pack if you wanted and the vast majority just wanted to buy a pack. It’s a lot easier to make a macro pack without the large amount of install and doco needed for a from-the-ground-up install, so I decided to go down a pre-made route as it was what the market was asking for and it was easier to get out the door, troubleshoot and maintain.

Regarding the spots. This macro was designed for guard-zone mining so you can just turn it on and click GUMPs without having to watch it like a hawk, so I included almost every single guard zone ore vein (it only misses about 4 total veins in the entire Britannia map and about 6-8 in T2A because they wouldn’t fit the structure). The spots are the same in each PMM pack, but the amount is way beyond the resource respawn timer so you could have two people running it with 3 chars each and it’d be fine (it auto moves to the next spot if detects someone at a spot you’ve recalled to. In fact if they’re using the PMM too it won’t even recall to the spot, it’ll just recall to the next).

Initially there will be a spike of usage yes, but after a while it’ll die down and then it won’t be an issue. It costs almost nothing to run the macro (about 4K an hour in recall regs for all 3 chars going), so even if only 1 in 10 spots worked you’d still make a profit.

Cheers all, happy to answer any other questions :)
  15. Poogoblin

Poogoblin Active Member

Maybe not but this server utilizes them like no other
  16. DaTamer

DaTamer Active Member

My question didn't get answered:

Are you using the bandage/box trick for the spot count?
    How does your macro know where to go for the next spot?
  17. RIN

RIN Well-Known Member

It sounds like he is keeping his macro private there buddy. If you want to find out you'll have to drop the 1m...
  18. Patek

Patek Active Member

Never heard of or used the bandage thing, but it sounds like the bottle counter I came up with a few years back (adds weight to a bag after each spot and does a waterfall weight check) or a Razor counter check (adds bandages/fish steaks/whatever to your backpack and does a Razor counter check to determine location). Macros that use that are far too slow, I don’t care how it’s done, and I wanted speed above all other things. The PRB, but the PMM especially, are tuned for speed and it’s almost impossible to make them go faster than they do either through tuning or macro mechanics.

Every second saved per spot in the PMM multiplies to a minute or more with the number of spots in the macro. The PMM is tuned to save every second(actually even finer than that) it can, at all points, in all the component macros, to go faster.

Not going to go into specifics of how the PMM can fast resume, but let’s just say the macro structure, not just what lines are in the macro, has to be built from the ground up to accomodate how it’s achieved.
    DaBucs likes this.
  19. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor

Hell I am buying it just for its elegance...
  20. DaTamer

DaTamer Active Member

Just wanting to make sure that its an easy resume.
    Not going to drop 1m and find out that if I get killed and lose everything on me that I gotta message him to get it fixed.
    With Pirul's bandage/box method, if I die, I just buy another box and bandages.
    And if this one is truly faster than Piruls, it might be worth 1m.
    But Pirul's is worth a ton to me. It still works.