Yes, I'm a newbie now what?BOD System Q&A

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Emirikol, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Emirikol

Emirikol Member

Hello, first I'm going to introduce me, I'm Emirikol I began to play UO when I was 14 years old (almost 90's) in the Novus Opiate server (the first one not the later relaunched) but when it crashes I abandoned the game but it have been always on my heart now I was looking for a good server and this one seems to be the best!

Why did I say I'm new if i have played before? Because I played many years ago the gameplay and server mechanics are so different that I should say I'm almost a new player.

Now you know me and I want to say that this is a great server with tons of players playing, great staff and a wonderful community but I may say that you have many guides for new players but there are still many question unanswered. My intention with this post is to ask (and then gather) some information that many players know but are pretty annoying for the new arrived player. So here we go.

I love crafting players I'm raising tailoring, carpentry and blacksmithy but I have got some questions:

BULK ORDER SYSTEM (Also known as BOD)

For general stuff about BOD system click here
    Tailoring BOD rewards chart click here
    Tailoring BOD gold rewards chart click here
    Smithing BOD rewards chart click here
    Smithing BOD gold rewards chart click here
    Carpentry BOD rewards chart Not Available
    Carpentry BOD gold rewards chart Not Available

Should I buy something in order to get a BOD?
    - No, you can just say "order status" to the vendor and you will get one BOD.

Are Small BOD's required to complete a Large BOD's?
    - Yes, you need to complete some Small BOD's with the exact amount and quality required in the Large one in order to complete the Large BOD. As CaptainMorgan said:
    How does works the BOD book[​IMG] ?

- Under development.

Are BOD Deeds and/or BOD Books blessed? Thanks to CaptainMorgan
    - No, but they are zero stones which means they can only be stolen by random target unless they are in a container which is itself stealable. If you're going to carry books, it is best to carry them in a container with a couple heavy items in it.

How much should I ask for my BOD? Thanks to CaptainMorgan
    There is a great post about UOR economy written by Dalavar here

- The standard is half the value of the reward divided by the number of pieces. For high demand items (pheonix, etc) go closer to 75-80%. For very low demand items, go lower than 50%.

In the tailoring BOD how can I know the HUE color of the cloth I have received as reward? Thanks to Kane
    - Type "[whatisit" in game and it will tell you the exact hue of the item

P.S: I'm sorry if my English is not good enough but this isn't my first language.
    P.S: Now this is only a crafting related thread but i want to expand it to every game related stuff.
    Last edited: May 1, 2015
    Vlar likes this.
  2. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Welcome to the BOD game. Here are some of my comments.

Are Small BOD's required to complete a Large BOD's?
    Be careful when adding smalls to larges, as a Normal large will accept an exceptional small, potentially wasting a better deed.

How does works the BOD book?
    Filtering and pricing would be the main items here

Are BOD Deeds and/or BOD Books blessed?
    No, but they are zero stones which means they can only be stolen by random target unless they are in a container which is itself stealable. If you're going to carry books, it is best to carry them in a container with a couple heavy items in it.

How much should I ask for my BOD?
    The standard is half the value of the reward divided by the number of pieces. For high demand items (pheonix, etc) I go closer to 75-80%. For very low demand items, I go lower than 50%.
    Bixby Legbone likes this.
  3. Emirikol

Emirikol Member

Thanks for your help! CaptainMorgan I will add your comments to my post!

I have some questions about what you said:

I know I can price them but what it's the meaning? Can I price them and place the complete book on my vendor?

Is this good for example when I use it to drop a BOD Deed? Should I do this when I place it on a vendor too?

In order to do this I first should know the value of the reward and this looks very complicated. I'm still don't know what it's a Phoenix item. Should I sell the BOD finished or without starting it?

Thanks again!
    Vlar likes this.
  4. CaptainMorgan

I know I can price them but what it's the meaning? Can I price them and place the complete book on my vendor?
    Yes, that is the purpose of pricing them. You make the book not for sale and people can buy individual deeds at the price you set.

Is this good for example when I use it to drop a BOD Deed? Should I do this when I place it on a vendor too?
    When you drop a deed, it will go to your pack. I would advise quickly securing it if you're in town. No need to weigh them down on your vendor, they cannot be stolen

In order to do this I first should know the value of the reward and this looks very complicated. I'm still don't know what it's a Phoenix item. Should I sell the BOD finished or without starting it?

Do not fill the deed to sell. Reward pricing will just take some time for you to get familiar with them
  5. Emirikol

Emirikol Member

You mean should drop it into a container as soon as possible isn't it?
  6. CaptainMorgan

Yes, or bank, etc (individual deeds can be stolen)
  7. Kane

Kane Well-Known Member

As for the hue you can type "[whatisit" in game and it will tell you the exact hue of the item
  8. Emirikol

Emirikol Member

Thank you so much I will add the info and move this Q&A thread to the guides section as soon I have access to my computer instead my phone.

Is there any command list?
  9. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

There are very few commands but here are the ones off the top of my head:

[wallet (brings up character and shard info)
    -ping

: followed by space will emote.
    / followed by space with group message
    \ guild message

Oh and random things you might want to know starting out.

You can hit ctrl+q to post the last message you typed.
    You can hold ctrl+shift to bring up item tags.
    You can disconnect a health bar from another by holding alt and double clicking it.