you'd have more players

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by triXta, Nov 5, 2012.

1. triXta

triXta New Member

my boys and I would come back..... if you fixed ur damn server so we can connect...annoying we played for a day of game time without problems until your stupid script kicked in and boots us now... fix it .. it's like two lines of code that you can comment out to let us back on........kicks clients that arent updated after 1 day game play.. id update if i could who cares if i see the new damn mobs shouldnt prevent me from being able to play.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ANNOYING NOT BEING ABLE TO UPDATE TO NEWER UO.........I play every other server fine, this one is by far my favorite and haven't been able to play it no matter what I do.
  2. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

3. triXta

triXta New Member

Yeah but you might want to change the scripting a bit then, it allows you to play with a client of less then 5.0.8.3 but only for a day in game time, then it will start disconnecting you after 20 seconds...I found out the hard way spending hours creating a char.. only not to be able to play it now.

I've tried using that client along with another, no luck getting those to run properly. Only one that wants to run is Mondains which won't update past the standard download.

Your server runs just fine with a lower client version, I was using it just fine..on Mondains.. its simply a few lines of code you can edit out that will allow any client version to work regardless.. which is how every other server works.. which isn't limiting it to people having to download a specific UO to play.............like I said your server works fine for a day then starts disconnecting.. i can make a new account and play fine for a whole days worth of gametime on my older client... its dumb how after a day it stops working..that really needs to be changed
  4. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Renaissance Staff

You'll want to install it into a different directory location, not the same folder as your current Ultima Online installation. Make sure Razor is reading from the new directory where you downloaded the Renaissance client as well. If you've done this properly then the Renaissance client will function properly.

Clients under version 5.0 are not supported.
  5. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Ezekiel is correct.

When installing the Renaissance client simply pick another directory when the installer asks you, in case you already have an existing client installation.

So instead of letting it default to "C:\Program Files\Ultima Online" use "C:\Program Files\UOR".

How to Connected to UOR

When loading razor follow the steps in that post, however change the file location and point it directly to the new Renaissance Client Installation.

[​IMG]

I currently have 5 different versions of UO on my dev computer for testing, and can toggle between them easily using razor. Razor will actually remember the settings for each server you play on, and select the correct client installation once you connect successfully.

As for client versions before 5.0.8.3, there is a good reason it disconnects you, is because otherwise the minute your client tries to render an item, or resource that is not contained in that client, your client will crash.

As a side not also, if you pay attention to the directories where your various UO clients are installed, you will not need to uninstall/re-install various clients to play on various servers.

Just make 100% sure razor is pointing to the correct client installation and you should be fine.
  6. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Just to throw in some support from the player perspective, I also run three separate client installation directories, actually four now.
    I have one for UOSA, one for my kid's shard (latest patch level), one for UO:R and now one for UO:R with the trees removed, but it's the only way to make the Journal legible. Although I still rarely use that client.

If you're still having problems I'd be glad to lend a hand in IRC if I'm available and able. ;)
  7. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

The staff is way too accommodating and patient to say this, so I will. WTF is with the attitude? This shit isn't rocket science. RTFM: it says to install the ren client, so just do it.