Young status

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by LCH, Jun 14, 2019.

1. LCH

LCH Active Member

if a Young player uses a boat to leave Ocllo, and enters a dungeon (eg. Shame). Does he lose the Young status?
  2. Lemac

Lemac Active Member

I'm not 100% on how many but if you leave the island a couple of times you lose young status. The dungeons on ocllo have more then enough to help you get started, especially if you combine your hunt with the overland spawns, the orc and pirate fort, the random npc camps. If your ready for dungeons and have gold and resources then leave young early. But if not stay young and take advantage of the time on the island. Only the first character on each acct can be young, so if you want to explore, say for example keep acct 1 player 1 young and make acct 1 player 2 to go to dungeons. Hope this helps and sorry a bit longwinded
  3. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  4. Kiryana

Kiryana Well-Known Member

It is better to know the true world of good and evil of truth and lie and do not care about the young status. When I was young and inexperienced, I put all these quirks on and learned the world as it is.

[A couple of sentences above are not 100% guarantee of your happiness and are only informational.]

gl&hf ;)
    Khari likes this.
  5. Khari

Khari Member

Technically, yes and no to your statement. I'm not exactly sure where and when the losing of [young status] occurs, but I can give you some examples from my experience of [young] status.

1/ Go through a moongate or event gate to anywhere other than Occlo = loss of [young]
    2/ Sail away from Occlo does NOT automatically lose [young] status. I'm not sure when and how the changeover occurs, but I have sailed my boat from Occlo, still remained [young] but have not been able to cast Recall on my boat key to return to my boat DUE to my [young] status.
    One likes this.
  6. One

One Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
    Khari likes this.
  7. Khari

Khari Member

Well I found this out by actually being in Occlo still, at least in my mind :D I was trying to provoke pirates from my boat(the pirate camp in Occlo) but because I had gone a tile or so away, according to the server I was no longer in Occlo.
    One likes this.
  8. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

There is a uor legend....

His name was Michael Jackson and he used to wander through the streets of Ocllo breaking out into song and crotch grabs. He had an affinity for [young] players and would ask them to accompany him on magical boatrides to the mainland with their young statuses intact.

This legend is true... You can free yourself from Ocllo as a young player, but you will probably get tattled on.

Heeheeeeee! Chmonnna!!!

@wylwrk
    Khari likes this.
  9. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

Only if someone narcs on them!:D
    One likes this.
  10. Khari

Khari Member

I searched on YouTube to try to corroborate your story, and I found this video And then I realised the "crotch grabs" weren't "self-pleasuring" nor "dance-like" and I felt relieved that my [young] status had me miss the boat on this phenomenon. I'm not sure my "[young] status" would have been intact afterwards.
    PaddyOBrien likes this.
  11. Khari

Khari Member

MJ had the same problem with "Lil Baby Narcs" :p

PaddyOBrien likes this.
  12. Leopold

Leopold Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

This is the Michael Jackson I like to remember. Before he got all soft and boring in the 90s, and then really weird and creepy as the years passed. Pure 1980s nostolgia with the "real" MJ:

PaddyOBrien and Khari like this.
  13. Khari

Khari Member

This is the Michael Jackson I like to remember, because it was impossible for him to be a paedophile in 1971
    Leopold and PaddyOBrien like this.