Your goal as a player here on UOR?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by SneakyT, Feb 21, 2013.

1. SneakyT

SneakyT Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers
    UO:R Subscriber

Hey guys. I was just sitting here thinking about everything I wanted to do on UOR. During that process I thought it would be interesting to hear the personal goals from everyone else. If you feel like sharing please do!
  2. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member

My number one goal and priority, is to enjoy the game of Ultima Online, which in essence, is Ultima with Friends. Being a fan of the franchise since I got hooked on Ultima VII: The Black Gate, over 20 years ago, this is my favorite fantasy realm. Being able to enjoy it with my real life friends, friends I meet in game and those who end up fitting both descriptions, make this the game I will likely always play as long as I can.

More specifically to this server, my goal is to promote positive play through helping others find the same pleasures in game that I do. Regardless of playstyle, I want the best for everyone, so long as it doesn't infringe on other's ability to enjoy the game as it really could be.

Spending time playing the game to determine what is good and bad, however subjective, and share that opinion with all. This will only help to find the perfect balance, that is the ultimate goal of the server. I find the mix of administrative focuses (PvP/PvM/Crafting) to be a great boon to the shard. If you build one way or the other, you alienate players. The beauty of Ultima is variety and mimicry of reality, insofar as it fits the genre of midieval fantasy.

TL:DR - To have a great time playing UO and help build the greatest freeshard the world has ever known.
  3. Traviesty

Traviesty New Member

Personally my goal first is to relive a little of the old uo that i remember.. at age 17 reading Who Will You Be on that box and popping the cd in and it never left my cd rom lol. Second is to meet new people to hunt/play with.and since im new to the server i want a small tower lol as that was my first house on uo... i played on chessy back then and the land was full i payed 12 mil for that thing! lol
    Alice Asteroid likes this.
  4. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

What Blaise said, and to one day learn PVP and to get staff drunk and then some at a potential future gathering. :mrgreen:
  5. Drunk Monk

Drunk Monk New Member

Town Raids, Orcish Toll Roads, Mini-forts, Orcish Gauntlet, sneeky lursk'rs, and FORT BATTLES!!

NOOGGRRAAAHH!!!
  6. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  7. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

Clomp awl da umies.......

En den dreenk awl dah grog.......

Den fynd sum shee.....wayte ee nub meen tu blah dat......
  8. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

To crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
  9. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.
  10. Tater Salad

Tater Salad Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

To convince a gm to make me a bagball with a tan hue called "A Potato"
  11. bart simpson

bart simpson Well-Known Member

My number one goal is to enjoy my time spent playing on UO R. I like to praticipate in as many PvP sessions as possible. Also I find it enjoyable to have a few gold medals in monster farming categories. Finally, I enjoy the housing aspect a geat deal, so to have several well placed homes in nice locations.
  12. Samorite

Samorite Renaissance Game Master
    Renaissance Staff

Being able to play without getting a new ar$ehole ripped every time you step out of the guard zone

Dont mind reds there fun but gank squads are not for me
  13. Faermar

Faermar New Member

Faermar Togaren, "Kill Everything"

Since 2001.
  14. newme

newme Well-Known Member

Good topic, thanks for starting it. Well, like many others, I enjoy reliving the game I became a hug fan of before all the expansions/upgrades made it almost unrecognizable . My main goal is to continue playing, either slaying monsters or doing crafts. UO, for me has always been a relief from the oft times harshness of real life; thus I don't enjoy grieving other players.
    I believe this server will continue satisfying these desires and I am grateful for UOR.
    Once again thank you staff and all you folks for being you.
    Beethoven likes this.
  15. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

Own something larger than a stick hut. I never was able to own a fortress, a tower, or even a patio house. Time to change that (it's my complete motivation for picking up UO again).
    Beethoven and willie like this.
  16. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Welcome to Renaissance Basoosh, Good Luck on your quest to large home ownership.
  17. Basoosh

Basoosh Well-Known Member

Thanks. Already on my way - first 6000 made! Oh yea!
    Beethoven likes this.
  18. CleverWalrus

CleverWalrus New Member

I remember the day in 97/98 when i read on a game newspaper about ultima online, during that time i used to "play" on any thing that resembled a mmorpg, mud's, various interactive chats, the day i found UO i was 14/15 and i was not able to speak english, after i made the first character i spent most of my free time on ultima online for years and i remember it as the most fun and challenging game experience i ever had, i even learned how to write and read in english only for playing this game, then i ended up in eve online and spent something like 7 years playing it too much until i got seriously burned when RL called me back to reality.

A few days ago i was thinking about finding a new mmorpg, i get "bored" by all of them in a very short time, i hate the way new mmorpg works forcing you in quests, objectives, taking away all the freedom, i had 2 choices: Going back to eve or going back to ultima online, all the rest is nothing compared to these 2 games, then i tought about my girlfriend, she don't like space games and she is not so good in complicated environment, Eve is very complicated and there is no way to approach it step by step, so, i decided and looked around for free shards that were as near as possible to the moment i started playing when i had most fun and i found UOR :)

This is the story, the goal is to have fun in a server populated by mature individuals not just thinking about showing off their e-peen eachoter all day long, and i want to do this with my girl, introducing her to the "first" true mmorpg that ever existed and created a new genere.
    Beethoven likes this.
  19. Tater Salad

Tater Salad Renaissance Volunteers
    Renaissance Volunteers

[​IMG]
    Beethoven likes this.
  20. qbradq

qbradq Member

To have fun! My current objective is to build a shop that specializes in cheap equipment for newer adventurers. Getting there requires a lot of steps in between, and I'm slowing working my way there. I also want to find some way to contribute to the server in a technical or creative capacity.
    Beethoven likes this.