Your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by sanguine, May 3, 2014.

1. sanguine

sanguine Member

How accurate is this shard? I'm looking for references from people who played Renaissance era. Does this shard feel like it did when you played in the past?

Are there neon colors (ANY AT ALL) on this server?

Is black dye rare? Or did everyone and their mother buy a black dye tub for 50 cents on a donation vendor?

Are clothing items handed our regularly? IE 'blessed "goodjob you did this event" sandals'

How accurate do you feel the spell damage/casting is?

Will this server do what UOforever.com does and add a bunch of crap that is not actually renaissance authentic? Does this shard already do this?

I'm a hardcore renaissance player, I loved the era, hated everything after.

Thank you for all answers/input, please take no offense to my wording/interrogation :)
  2. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

The shard is close to Publish 16 for accuracy but adjusted for the goal of perfecting the era/time frame. There are differences, but hopefully you'll notice the positive change.

There are some very limited 'bright' colors. Nothing terrible or painful to behold, but some bright stuff here and there.

Black Dye Tubs are obtained through Bulk Order Deed rewards and are fairly common, however, use of them seems relatively mild.

There are various rare clothing items and they are never 'handed out', ever. Everything here is either won or found through events of various nature.

People have their complaints about spell casting that I think mostly stems from what they're used to on other servers.

There will never be a donation shop of any kind on Renaissance. You can donate to support the marketing efforts of the shard, but that is all. There is no reward for it other than feeling like you're really a supporting member of the community.

There have been various things added or considered for additions that may not be from the era, but everything is judged to be fit for the era, before inclusion. There has been talk of things like the plant growing and custom housing, but only if it can be restricted and 'perfected' to be suitable for the goals of the shard.

If you ever thought when you were playing Renaissance in the actual era "Man, this would be perfect if only this short list of things were fixed". That's what's going on here. Trying to perfect an era, instead of releasing expansions to band-aid flailing interests. :)