A weird look at UOR

Discussion in 'Photography & Videography' started by Buga, Mar 26, 2022.

1. Buga

Buga Well-Known Member

2. Annabell Red

Annabell Red Active Member

I was trying to eat.
    Bill and Buga like this.
  3. StarTrakZack

StarTrakZack Well-Known Member

What. The. Eff.
  4. Lightshade

Lightshade Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I will never understand why they thought this was an upgrade. I still have the Third Dawn Beta....
    StarTrakZack likes this.
  5. PaddyOBrien

PaddyOBrien Well-Known Member

@Buga I noticed you were doing the various emotes and such like "folk dancing" and all that. I wonder what that looks like when other people on the normal client see you do it? Does it show anything from other people's perspective?
  6. Buga

Buga Well-Known Member

Yeah it's weird, was the 3D era were anything 3D was cool, I think the tech was not enough powerfull to make pretty models. There is a link in the video description to a preview from back then, it was supposed to be graphically stunning having new particle effects, animations, and 3D models. I belive this was the best attemp to make UO evolve in a modern world, make a mix between 2D/3D but the failed so bad, it mostly looks terribly.

Hey, unfortunately that's only shown in the Third Dawn client, it was part of the flexibility that 3D models came with.

In the other hand Classic 2D Client has a set of image sequences used as animations and doing changes there is much more complex.

Edit:

That client had some cool things, ie. highlight containers on the floor when you hoover your mouse over the opened container view. I asked some time ago to add it on CUO and now we can enjoy it again, it's a huge QOL feature when you are sorting items at your house with multiple containers around.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  7. Annabell Red

Annabell Red Active Member

I imagine it covered in a black censor bar with the message, "You have not paid to see this animation!"
    PaddyOBrien likes this.