Any point to GM Armslore?

Discussion in 'Era Discussion' started by Grey Wolf, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Grey Wolf

Grey Wolf New Member

I got to 90, which was nice since it gave me status bar showing quality and durability of items in question.

At GM I was hoping to see the actual durability numbers -- say 43 of 100 -- however there is no discernible difference I can tell between 90 and GM. Anyone know what I'm missing? How do people actually see the durability figure of an item (other than looking through the website via character profile -- which if that's how your supposed to do it renders this skill pretty useless aside from combat bonuses)
  2. O'Malley

O'Malley Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

with GM armslore/wrestling you could disarm someone youre fighting, and if you have stealing you could take their weapon....

*softly lowers the sewer grate and retreats into the shadows*

3. Arawn

Arawn Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

I only have a GM so i cannot fully compare to a non GM, but I believe another benefit of GM arms lore is that if you target a char, it will show you a breakout of every item they are wearing, and its durability.

Yes the website is the only place to see raw numbers, but its pretty easy to learn how to translate the graphic view in game....

I use arms lore to more quickly discern what state a wep is in, weather I am going thru a bag of new weps, or something from a new trade, or sharpening my silver axes for halloween. In order to view numbers on the website, you must equip the item and wait a few hours. This works for normally worn gear, but is ineffective for my use of specialty items.

Yea and disarm.
    Blendax likes this.
  4. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

Only requires 80/80 and since it's not a "random special move" like paralyze strike, I'm not sure it's subject to the same success boosts that Anatomy plays in those special moves.

Because of that, all 3 of my disarm thieves are locked at 80 Arms Lore and I have no issue disarming.
    Kiryana, Raag74 and O'Malley like this.
  5. O'Malley

O'Malley Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Good to know, 80 arms 100 wrestle?
    SativaGreen likes this.
  6. SativaGreen

SativaGreen Well-Known Member

Yes, sorry, 100% wrestling for the max hit/def chance.

My understanding is that at 80/80, we get a static chance to disarm/fail and no further skill helps that chance. However, you still want the 100% wrestling because the disarm check doesn't register until after a successful Wrestling strike.

There's also seems to be a slight cooldown, just like stun, so even with 120 dex, you can't disarm on every hit. But I could be wrong on that.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    O'Malley likes this.
  7. Mino

Mino Active Member

Once you successfully disarm you can be ready with the disarm on/off key provided you have 15+ stamina.