Archery formula for dummies

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Solid Snake, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Solid Snake

Solid Snake New Member

I want to maximize my efficiency as an archer. I want to know what the chance to hit would be at various distances for moving and stationary bow shots. I need help with the RunUO jargon to read this formula. I went to them an looked for documentation but couldn't find these specific terms

From the patch notes for archery chance to hit
    http://uorforum.com/threads/patch-31-jan-19th-2013-combat-changes-archery-lj-update.1253/

Code:

if (DateTime.Now < (attacker.LastMoveTime + TimeSpan.FromSeconds(.75)))
    {rangemod = 24;}
    else
    {rangemod = 12;}
    defValue = (distance * rangemod ) + (defWeapon.GetDefendSkillValue(attacker, defender) * .33);

"(defWeapon.GetDefendSkillValue(attacker, defender)"
    At first I tried plugging in 50 here (like two GMs chance to hit fighting eachother), multiplied that by the .33 and got 16.5. I plugged in 10 (the max range for a bow) for "distance" and a "rangemod" of 24 (moving shot) and got defValue = 256.5. That seemed way too high for a chance to hit or dodge so I tried interpreting defWeapon.GetDefendSkillValue differently. I figured maybe it means the difference between the attacker and defenders' skills. I tried 0 instead on 50 and got defValue = 120 or 240 for stationary or moving shots. Those numbers still don't make any sense to me.

"defValue"
    I assume this is this supposed to be the final chance to hit. No clue

That was my first ever attempt at reading RunUO. If anyone can help me figure this out you shall have my sincerest gratitude!
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014