Blessed tribal mask disappeared from backpack

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by r3ckon3r, Feb 20, 2024.

1. r3ckon3r

r3ckon3r Well-Known Member

Really have no idea where to post this but I died at terra keep about 15 mins ago and my blood red [blessed] tribal mask has disappeared from my backpack, or it didn't show in there when I died. I've died on this character a handful of times in the past and it always appeared. I can assure anyone that it was blessed and it's just not appeared. I really don't understand. I did have grid loot enabled and looted everything but it's just not there.

Feel really disheartened that this happened after only just getting back into the game, makes me want to stop playing after this bs tbh

Not sure what to do. I'm not a trammie but I work hard to get rewards and items and for it to just disappear like it has really is mindboiggling
  2. r3ckon3r

Here's a screenshot of my arm/dress, saying my mask with the item ID is out of range. Can't believe how this can happen?

Attached Files:

Samorite likes this.
  3. NCCML

NCCML Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Chris changed how blessed items work a while back, in regards to breaking.

For many years the item HP was bugged. As an item took damage, it would drain the actual HP, and instead of breaking at 0, it would then start to reduce the total available HP. It would only break when the total available HP side reached zero too. This prolonged the life of a lot of items that would have otherwise broken.

He fixed that, so that once your item HP hit 0, it breaks. If you fortified the item up to its max possible HP of 255, then there was an exception. It would still break, but it would be placed in your bank box. Then from there you could fort it back up.

So. The question is whether or not you had the mask fortified up to 255. If not, then it probably broke, and its gone. If it was 255, its in your bank box.

And that's assuming nothing is bugged.
  4. r3ckon3r

This makes sense. I guess it broke when the mob hit me in the face and killed me!

I guess I'll make sure I fortify on my others and do the same for the replacement. Thanks!
    Rick Thorp likes this.
  5. r3ckon3r

EDIT:

Was able to recover by filling in a large exc spined bod and guess what... got a blood red mask dye at the first attempt! All is not lost :)