BOD Resource usage guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by r3ckon3r, Sep 2, 2020.

1. r3ckon3r

r3ckon3r Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

Apologies if this has already been covered, but I thought since I'm currently filling in BODS, I'd make a guide demonstrating the expected/approx resource (ingot, cloth, leather) usage when filling them. I'll update as I go along.

EDIT: Upon further checks, I found a thread which gives approx resource usage for each item and the exceptional chances: http://uorforum.com/threads/how-muc...h-market-value-cheat-sheet.43819/#post-407419 credit to @Magus Emplar for providing this epic information. Hopefully I'd have made a contribution by breaking down and providing aggregate figures for LBODs and also info on the reward costs/yieldings.

**All stats are after smelting/cutting non exceptional items to recoup lost ingots/cloth/leather.

DULL COPPER 20 EXC LARGE PLATE

START INGOTS: 8272
    AFTER ARMS: 6733 (-1539)
    AFTER GLOVES: 6187 (-546)
    AFTER GORGET: 5807 (-380)
    AFTER LEGS: 3847 (-1960)
    AFTER TUNIC: 1230 (-2617)
    AFTER HELM: 599 (-631)

TOTAL INGOTS USED: 7683

DULLPLATE20.PNG

DULLPLATEREWARD.PNG

END SUMMARY:

DULL COPPER USED:
    7683 @15gp each (NET SPEND 115K GOLD)
    REWARD: BRAZIER DEED (VALUE 175-220K APPROX), 49K GOLD
    TOTAL EXPECTED PROFIT APPROX: 60-105K APPROX

**note: I do not encourage people to fill out any exceptional plate bods, especially legs, tunics and arms as it is painstaking and you get through a lot of ingots for exceptional!
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    FisuUO:R likes this.
  2. Mopz

Mopz Member

Do we even have such a huge supply of colored ingots on the market to fill out BODs relatively fast?
    leveling a crafter now, and curious what actually to expect from the bs BODs.
  3. r3ckon3r

There's plenty of coloured ingots around and they're not that expensive even compared to standard. A lot of vendors have a flat rate of 9gp per if selling in 1k lots, regardless of the colour.

Move over, you can gather 1k ingots of any colour in less than 30 mins if using gargoyles pickaxe.
  4. r3ckon3r

5. FisuUO:R

FisuUO:R Well-Known Member

Filling BODs requiere an nonstop and thick flow of ingots if you dont want to get stuck ina bottleneck. Flipping is the key, and here is where you spend the most ingots.

From my experience, and its nothing compared to some big game boders, there are 3 efficient way to get the industrial amount of ingots it requires.

A. Buying - If you have enough money you can buy everything. Ingots are always there mostly. For Iron ingots I plainly buy them at vendors, you can gather 20k a day easily doing runs and that its just 160k gold. That gold is farmable faster than trying to mine the iron in my experience.
    B. Setting 3 recall miners and automatizing (not afking) the process. Efficient bots, with proper runebooks and proper macros (the KEY to it) can net you a steady income of ingots with minimum effort once you have them running.
    C. Battlemining - This is from where my main influx of ingots come. The deal is accquiring huge amounts of shovels to make it worth. Burning 15/20 shovels at time wont net you that much. They go fairly cheap and there´s some sellers of these gargoyles shovels, combined with the shovels you receive as prize for flipping bods, you can have a stable and big collection of them to keep you busy. I use to burn not less than 150 shovels a week. Dull and Shadow mainly for flipping purpose (together with the iron I buy). For other ores I do some specific mining whenever I need them. Its not that common to burn through 10k agapite to fill and agapite plate bod.

100 shovels net you around 30k ingots. Maybe a bit more, but just to have a rough estimation. And you can burn through shovels at lightspeed with a proper setup. I double box when mining and can burn through 40 shovels an hour, give or take. That would be 12/13k ingots maybe a little more. Just need to have a runebooks to caves entrances and a drop point to put your ingots as you come and go.

Weekly if you are pulling with 3 boders, 3 times a day (my week schedule wont let me take the 4th one) thats about 63 bods a week. Say half are flippers (just throwing super rough estimations here, never actually made this measure) then you should be able to keep them filled without a problem if you can set any stable method of mining.

Gargoyle pickaxe are best to get those ores where you fail to get big numbers in shovels. Again, a proper recall/drop setup and runebooks marked with those ores can net you fast the amount of ingots you need for the eventual agapite, verite, gold, etc bods.

I dont have recall miners, so I can´t A/B the process.

PD: You will also burn ingots through the 2nd flips (you flipped 50 bods, then you will have 20 ish new flips, and so) So, keep the ingots flowing
    r3ckon3r likes this.
  6. r3ckon3r

Amazing and helpful info @FisuUO:R

Out of curiosity for your battle miner do you even have mining skill or do you get all this from caves using the gargoyle shovels, without the skill?
  7. FisuUO:R

FisuUO:R Well-Known Member

Yes, it has mining as I also use it to spawn elementals. Besides, you need mining to melt the ore into ingots. My 2nd toon its a provo dexxer to fasten the farming. I have specific spots in the caves I use, that block a certain place and makes the golem spawn confined to 1 tile, so golems wont run away and I can cross heal easily. In those spots I can also pick 3 or 4 nodes without moving.

I guess you could even fasten this by triple boxing, but I pass. Also, using slayers, even cheap ones surely will make things twice as fast. I just use regular vanq weapons and they drop quite fast already
  8. JohnM

JohnM Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

imo - 7500 ingots for a large 20x was a good run, expect that to range 7500-9k ingots.

profit would be 110-155k when you add in the approx 50k gold for turning in the deed
    r3ckon3r likes this.