Build ideas!

Discussion in 'Naturalist Guild [+N+]' started by Valrick, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Valrick

Valrick Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

have a character template you're thinking about? Discuss it here!
  2. Valrick

Still thinking of a rogue-esque character that can contribute with some combat but truly wanting to steal from town chests and possibly help with terasure maps!
  3. Valrick

Ranger build:

Gm
    Fencing
    Archery
    Tactics
    Anatomy
    Healing
    70taming
    60 lore
    70 vet

Meant to be out of towns as much as possible, will only have one pet at a time. Just want enough taming to have a grizzly bear or wolf with me!
    wylwrk, PaddyOBrien, Tyndall and 2 others like this.
  4. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

I like that you're seeking alternatives. That said, I hope you pardon the partial derailment and intrusion on your guild thread.

This is an idea I've had for quite some time. I've made it work in the past and we had quite a bit of fun with it over a summer.

Think 'raid guild'. The following templates are by design gimped by themselves. They are to be part of a team and hang out together as a group. Note the armor and weapon allocations as well. We found very few if any occasions where loot distribution was an issue. Anything in italics is subject to personal/group needs.

Random notes: we chose no high level (dragons/wyrm/nightmare) taming on purpose

The Tank - macing and parry (where we were, parry was viable and somewhat is here). We chose arms lore for the groovy title and to tell when equipment was getting banged up. Ours wore full plate as dexterity wasn't a concern. She was there to absorb damage, nothing else. Our tank also liked to bring along an NPC hireable. She played it off as her "squire"... she'd talk down to it etc... quite funny.

The DPS - LJ was a no brainer. Combined with alchemy (we had an exp pot bonus, sometimes they would "pull" with a volley of exp pots) and poisoning/katana swap to double axe. Primary job was DPS and cross healing the tank. One was usually chosen to "off tank" any respawns... which was rarely a problem. We ran with two to three.

The Rogue - this takes a special person to play. This was primarily our scout and honestly we rarely saw him. He ran ahead unlocking all the dungeon chests and scouting (tracking) for potential trouble. On the rare occasion we wiped, he saved our butts (that's punny!) Ours had cartography and item id.

The Ranger - This looked like a lot of fun to play. Low fletching was for arrows only as we all ran with loot (magic) items. The pet was simply an RP item and a decent damage add (DoT). Where we were, archery did quite well and I've a feeling that once tactics is fixed, it will be great here as well. The pets allowed were...

Wolf, Grizzly Bear, Scorpion (situational), Spider (situational), Imp

The Support - it's a bard, not much to say. It was a taxi and crowd control and back up healing. Ours had hiding. I played it... it was a blast.

2016-06-28 20_07_27-CompatWindow.png
  5. Cero

Cero Well-Known Member

Great idea!

Template I might work next is my voodoo warrior :
    Fencing
    Tactics
    Anatomy
    Healing
    Music
    Disco
    Poisoning 70~
    Magery 30~

More of a fun character in group play, "hex" and poison then poke poke
    Valrick and Tyndall like this.
  6. Valrick

Cero now that we have a guild crafter i've been busting my sewing kits working towards a cbd for u!
  7. Valrick

Funny @wylwrk i just had a tough decision between ranger / rogue before even seeing this!
    wylwrk likes this.
  8. Melochabre

Melochabre Well-Known Member

I like your ideas, wylwrk.
    wylwrk likes this.