Calling all RP GUILDS!

Discussion in 'Bloodrock Orcs [URK]' started by Xegugg, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

I was curious to see if there is any interest to get the rp community to interact/do more things together since there are several groups out there?
    What I am suggesting... is to do some group brainstorming with individuals from each guild. We can use an Mirc channel for this and then inform our guilds about it once things are hashed out. I have done this before, and I think it is something that a lot of people could have fun doing.

With this you can create scenarios with other guilds or the rp community, examples:
    • A good vs. evil, one group has a hidden "force" and is plotting to destroy, while the good seeks out the evil to stop it from happening, this could be an ongoing story plot that does not end in one night but happens over a period of evenings.
    • A kidnapping, or a stolen item from the villages with clues that take you all over the place to find the person/item. Which includes going to other rp areas to get the clues from the area or individuals.
    • Festivals
    • Battles / Town take overs
    • Dungeon Crawls
    For Bloodrock Clan we continue to go out and do our thing, but I think it would be cool to have some scenario's going on with other guilds at the same time.
    Cassidy likes this.
  2. Brymstone

Brymstone Well-Known Member

;) Xegugg, I'll be your Huckleberry

Just let me know how the undead could be of assistance to any of the RP guilds on this shard.
  3. Tay M'real

Tay M'real Active Member

Glad to hear - count The Order of the Virtue Cross in our ring.

Mayhaps we can schedule time weekly for leadership representing the various guilds to meet either in-game or IRC to discuss the community as a whole and address any group related topics.
  4. Brymstone

Great idea Tay, I think it would greatly benefit the RP community here.
  5. Athena

Athena Active Member

We always could have a tavern night as well! They are always fun to get out and meet each other even though orcs tend to eat all the horses outside the tavern.
    Jupiter likes this.
  6. Brymstone

tavern nights are good for all guild members and getting a plot hook going, but a regular weekly meeting of the guild leaders or representatives who are involved in plotlines would be a good thing as well
  7. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

I suggest Mirc to do this unless you know your orc very well. That is what I/all Urk will speak ingame.
  8. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Count VoP in.

I think we should clarify a few standard events, with very loose structure. I find that sometimes I struggle to get RP going due to trying to beat around the bush or step on glass shards trying to find out what everyone wants to do. It's a rather futile exercise since you really won't be able to please everyone every time.

I find having some pre-determined activities helps, so we can choose what we'd like to do. of course doing 'nothing' would be an option, but we at least know what we want to do.

Also, not every event needs to be a fight or competition (although most events tend to gravitate towards competition).

For example,
    Events for 3+ members from each guild
    Capture the Wizard/Warrior - One guild has another guild member hostage. Goal is for team A (good guys) to find and stop team B (bad guys) before team B reaches a destination.

Caravan - Team A attempts to take a caravan from point A (any place they determine) to point B. Caravan is loaded with loot. Team B attempts to intercept and stop the caravan (this could be done with only 2 guild members)

Events for 1+ members from each guild
    Tavern night (Open house) - As Athena suggested, we could have a tavern night to just do open character engagement. During these nights we could 'suspend' reality a bit and have orcs, undead, and humans alike mingle in character. Fights could erupt, quests could be hatched. Kind of like Karaoke. This could be held at different guild towns so folks from other guilds can see what has been made.

Light the Beacon - Team A needs to reach a certain point in a dungeon, light a torch, and keep it lit for 5-10 minutes. Team B needs to interrupt team A

Scavenger Hunt - Team A hides a set amount of items (e.g. urks could hide human heads, humans could hide 'shinies'). Team B attempts to find the items.
    optional - team A attacks Team B while they try to find the items.

Go on a QUEST! - this would be an open forum for guild leaders to explore a story line. It would be prefered that such activities are hosted by somebody who is skilled at 'keeping things in motion'. Nothing kills a good RP event like going afk a lot (i'm guilty of this) or not really being able to direct the quest along.

there could be more Ideas, but we should have a set list, and then if the inevitable "I'm bored, watcha' wanna do?" question comes up, we have
    Tay M'real likes this.
  9. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

Also, I've found UOAM is a great way to help unite likeminded folks

http://uorforum.com/threads/uoam-guide.2294/

I personally find that more variety of RP themes enriches game play far more. So I actually like the different themes (TKB, Stormhold, Urks, Undead, The Order, etc.)

We have a shared password that I have tried to establish for the general RP community. If you want the info, please PM me. There will be a small bloodletting ritual required in order to make your UOAM journey map function properly... :)
  10. Brymstone

I also think we need to find out how many RPers we have on this shard and who they are so we can coordinate more effectively.
  11. Pulse

Pulse Active Member

Don't let this thread die! I enjoy some good RP at times :) I am interested to see how things progress and hope to participate once my life settles down some more in a month or two.
  12. Ish

Ish New Member

Up for some RP aswell!
  13. Xander the Scribe

Xander the Scribe New Member

Count TKB to be in on this.
  14. Xegugg

Xegugg Well-Known Member

I have an irc channel #uorp for rp guilds that would like to join and possibly plan things,