Citizens of Stormhold ['S']

Discussion in 'Citizens of Stormhold ['S']' started by Godric Greycliff, May 28, 2013.

1. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

A storm is brewing in the north. . . Dissatisfied and dissillusioned with the rule of Lord British, peoples from the far-flung reaches of Sosaria are assembling in the frontiers. Carved from the wilds of Windmere Woods is the free city of Stormhold. Here, a few brave and hardy souls have established homesteads and formed a new settlement far from the eyes of Lord British and the hand of his guards. These are a fiercely independant folk but, tempered by the hard-scrabble frontier life, the Citizens of Stormhold show a steadfast loyalty to their neighbors and a welcoming kindness to strangers.

Guild Function
    The purpose of the Citizens of Stormhold is to provide a centralized location, administration and support structure devoted to the enhancement of social playstyles. Stormhold is a neutral meeting ground where all of honorable intent will be welcomed. Roleplay, crafting, PvM and PvP playstyles are encouraged. Group activities and event planning will be a primary focus, though not required of all members.

City Zoning and Public Ordinance
    A main goal that we have is to look like we belong in the world as much as possible. To that end, we would prefer to see primarily wood and plaster buildings in and around Stormhold proper. The odd brick or stone structure is also acceptable. Essentially, sandstone and marble buildings do not fit the over-all look and feel we're after.
    While there are no guild colors or uniform, as of this time, we expect that players look like they natually belong in Sosaria, as well. Bright colors and non-sensensical garb is to be avoided. NPC or newbie colored cloth of brown or grey hues perhaps with an accent color of the players choosing is encouraged.

Guidelines for Roleplay
    As an extension of our purpose to appear that we naturally belong in Britannia some amount of roleplay will be required. Guild members need not have a detailed backstory or list of personal affectations and personality traits for their characters. We would like to promote a supportive and accepting atmosphere for those that roleplay on any level, however.
    Names incongruous with the world should be avoided, such as those with alternating caps, numbers and symbols (p1mP MaStah fL3x is not welcome.) While the use of 'Britannian' grammar and terminology is encouraged, one can start to roleplay by substituting emotes for LOLs, not refering to items unknown in Sosaria such as your iphone and even just using proper capitalization and puncuation. Roleplay nazis we are not, though guild members are expected to be sensitive to the fact that one's appearance and manner of speech can effect the enjoyment of others as easily as one's actions.

Rules of Engagement
    When traveling outside of Stormhold all guild members are expected to behave in an honorable manner and treat those they come across with respect (this goes for forum activity as well as IRC.) As befits the neutrality of Stormhold, guildmembers are expected to maintain a generally non-aggressive posture towards all others regardless of hue or reputation. Within the borders of Stormhold all members, allies, and any accompanying parties will refrain from initiating combat with any visitors that aren't actively engaged in criminal activity (take your personal grudge match elsewhere.)
    Thieving, murder and assorted griefing tactics will not be tolerated. Repeat offenders will be dealt with accordingly. Should an enemy be dispatched for any reason, within the bounds of Stormhold or elsewhere, guild members will loot to disarm only. Dry looting, even to those of dispicable nature, is strictly forbidden. We will not be push-overs, though, and reserve the right to res-kill and mount-kill in order to dissuade the most determined adversaries.
    We have no restrictions for gray or red hues among our members, however, should you wish to steal or murder the innocent, such members are expected to do so anonymously.

Stormhold is currently opperated as an informal representative democracy. As such, all information presented above is subject to change at the will of the soon-to-be duly elected city council members.

Questions, comments, suggestions and grievances can be directed to Godric Greycliff via PM on these forums or Godric via PM in UO:R IRC.
  2. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Bumpity bump! We're coming along! In the process of deco'n our city... should have the grand opening in a few weeks!
  3. druidsilverwolf

druidsilverwolf New Member

I am interested in joining Citizens Of Stormhold!
  4. Jittery Sauce

Jittery Sauce Member

How can I get in contact with you? Are you ever on IRC or do you have ICQ?
  5. Godric Greycliff

Godric Greycliff Well-Known Member

You can certainly contact us in IRC via PM or in our guild channel: #stormhold.
  6. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

7. Mykos

Mykos Well-Known Member

I had the good fortune to spend a little time in the Stormhold IRC channel this evening. I was able to speak with Jebidiah and genekelly. They were both very friendly and welcoming to a strangers questions and comments.

I hope to meet others in IRC soon and get a chance to travel among the lands of Sosaria. It would be an honor to one day become a citizen of Stormhold, if I am deemed worthy of that distinction.

Until the next time I can greet you in IRC, safe travels and good journeys.

Mykos
    Vlar likes this.
  8. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Ah! Glad to hear you found a warm welcome in our IRC! :) I look forward to getting to know you in the future. I shall seek you out later. At the moment I am gluing my glasses back together. *squints and leans in* ;D
  9. Pulse

Pulse Active Member

This might just be the guild for me on Renaissance. I am interested in both the Knights of Stormhold (if Pulse is an acceptable name) And for other characters like my tamer Juan Dawn and treasure hunter Picky Muggee as Citizens of Stormhold. I don't like belonging to unrelated guilds with different characters as that often leads to conflicts of interest.

I currently don't play much right now mostly macroing with sporadic play times. In RL I am trying to get a house ready to sell and prepare for my wedding in 6 weeks, but in a couple months, my playtime should become more regular.

I can't join IRC right now due to Verizon blocking it but I should be getting cable internet in a couple months as well.

Anyway, feel free to PM me here. Maybe I can play with some of you soon. (Eastern time zone)
    Vlar likes this.
  10. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

Pulse did you download the irc app?
    I can use irc fine on my verizon phone........
  11. corruption

corruption Well-Known Member

12. Pulse

Pulse Active Member

Which app would that be? I downloaded YAAIC for IRC and am unable to connect by name or ip.
  13. Pulse

Pulse Active Member

14. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

I use AndChat,works well for me.....
  15. Pulse

Pulse Active Member

Over 3G/4G or just over WiFi?
  16. LudKrud

LudKrud Active Member

3g,if I have wifi Im at home and use my computer.....lol
  17. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

Ah Pulse! I saw you hoof it past my home earlier tonight! I hope you get your communications sorted out. Do you ever use voice chat?
    Pulse likes this.
  18. Tay M'real

Tay M'real Active Member

The windemere woods are north and east of Vesper/Minoc, correct? I would like to visit your city. I am a roleplayer with aspirations of my own but would like to frequent and meet your members.
    Jupiter likes this.
  19. Jupiter

Jupiter Well-Known Member

If you take the north bridge out of the city of industry, then continue north by northwest, you should stumble upon the great kingdom.

Welcome great master of grand aspirations! I trust you will be coplesit (overwhelmed) by the sheer magnitude of that realm.
    Vlar likes this.
  20. Pulse

Pulse Active Member

I was scouting, assessing the area for future housing. I have found a favorable plot of land around the Trinsic area that I plan to expand into for the time being as well. I hope we get some opportunities to adventure together.

As for voice chat, I generally prefer not to use it but have used it for guild like activities in the past.
    Vlar likes this.