Clean Up Britain, Moats, Copper System, Donation Processing, Holiday Recap

Discussion in 'Shard News' started by Chris, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Now that the holidays are over we have a bit more time to get caught up on processing donations and preparing for the roll out of the copper system and clean up britannia.

Holiday Recap
    Now that Halloween and Christmas events are coming to a close we will be posting event achievements for both. Players can expect an achievements post for each event soon along with player rewards for standout performances in each event. As always any rewards will be available in the Skara Brae counselors guild for pickup. ​

Moat System
    This system is around 90% complete with some edge functions still being worked on. Some design work is still left on the various other styles however the Water and Lava designs for Keeps/Fortresses are complete. Castles will most likely be excluded for the near future as I believe there are only 1-2 castles on the server. However we will eventually come up with designs for them as well.

We are also adding the basic building blocks for the official guild/town addon system allowing groups of players to purchase addons for their guild houses. This system will be coming in a future patch however it shares the same collection with the moat system and needs to be designed in conjunction to ensure they work together happily. This ensures that any items linked to a house decay with the house. More details on this system will be posted down the road.

So far we have 7 Moat styles, 9 bridge styles, a moat control system (raise/lower bridge, magical control, etc), and almost 100 decorative options for the various moats/bridges planned for purchase. Players will also be able to analyze their courtyards, and manage player run vendors using this new system.

To learn more about it you can check here

Moat Testing Videos

Customizable House Flags

Copper System / Donation Processing
    We are working this week to get caught up on processing all donations. If you have donated recently or if we do not have an account on file you will get an email with additional information. These emails are replacing the classic forum conversations that I used to send out for new donations.

We have also developed a new system for support requests that you can view here. This system is still in development but will be live soon allowing you a quick and easy way to file a support request for out of game issues.

We are also slowly working to get copper credited to the accounts of everyone that has donated and should have that completed soon. Our plan is to roll out the account specific copper rewards as soon as possible. (Extra Character Accounts, Account to Account Transfers, Name Changes, etc)
    Guide to the Copper System

Clean Up Britannia
    Work continues on this system. With the server improvements from the last few patches we no longer have any concerns with the performance of the system. We are working to finish up the design work on all of the rewards related to the system and its rewards. Including the house to house teleporter (bridge) system. We are also still looking for reward ideas for this system and welcome players to submit their ideas.

Additionally we are working on the salvage system that will be included with the CuB system to handle all of the non valid items for CuB. As this will work with fractional amounts for items it will be bound to each CuB Barrel and once a certain threshold has been met, say for salvaged wood, players will be able to obtain a commodity deed. This will increase the effectiveness of the CuB system
    by giving a purpose to almost all items while disallowing any method of "farming" copper by trying to generate items to turn in.
    Clean Up Britian Preview

We hope everyone enjoyed another successful and stable holiday season and will continue to update you as work progresses on the following projects.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    diran, Evil Dead, rick and 22 others like this.
  2. MrCandyMan

MrCandyMan Active Member

First!!!
    Imbol likes this.
  3. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

thank you

official posted updates are encouraging
  4. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Thank you Telamon and Martin Luther King Jr.
  5. compsays

compsays Active Member

Hear, hear. Cheers, Chris.

Good to know what's actually being worked on. Always a good thing.
    Imbol and wylwrk like this.
  6. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Well we are always working on something. Most of the time it is boring stuff to keep this place running. However we do follow a matra of under promise and over deliver. It is easy to make flowery promises to try to lure in players/donations/etc. But I think players get enough of that with other shards/games these days.

I try to keep the promises limited and always over deliver with the content. I think most players see that clearly while playing here.
    Orion GM BD, Hawkeye, Nusir and 3 others like this.
  7. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

If that's the case, where's my silver serpents with laser beams on their frickin' heads?!? HUH?
    Pedigar, Imbol and Ahirman like this.
  8. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

They heard the stories of the staff trying to convince ice serpents to swallow glacial staves and won't let us within 10 feet of them. Our head laser volunteer mounting team evaporated quickly once the first batch never returned.
    The Watch, Hawkeye, Nusir and 3 others like this.
  9. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the hard work Chris!
    Imbol likes this.
  10. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  11. compsays

compsays Active Member

I totally get this and endorse it. Love the ethos.
    Imbol likes this.
  12. Ahirman

Ahirman Well-Known Member

Looks great!
    Imbol likes this.
  13. Imbol

Imbol Active Member

Bone leggings that can be worn over pants!
    Pedigar likes this.
  14. Twister

Twister Well-Known Member

Amazing work! My utmost respect to people developing such things for UO in 2k18.
    Imbol likes this.
  15. Sheepdog

Sheepdog Well-Known Member

16. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    OptimisticSam likes this.
  17. Ahirman

Please let me get rid of my trash barrel! :p
    Twister likes this.
  18. One

One Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    Pedigar likes this.
  19. Ahirman

Naw, I don't need all that. If we're going to have teleporters why not make them useful, if I still have to chop my trash can then what do I need with a teleporter?
  20. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

to teleport between homes close to one another that you own which will shift land value to other areas of the map
    One likes this.