Copying locked down keys

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Wodan, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Wodan

Wodan Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hey Nuthatches,

I've got another little setup I'd like to share with everyone for free. It's a stack of lockable chests for lockpicking training.

30/50/70/GM - Everything you need to train a Lockpick char.

And I was convinced that it was possible for anyone to just copy locked down keys. This must have changed recently because now only friended chars can copy the locked down keys.
    It was a nice idea to just lock down the key to each chest so anyone interested in training can make a copy of the key and train away.

Why would anyone lock down a single key ? You can not use a locked down keys - it's gotta be on a key ring to be useable.

Maybe people still locked down keys and got all watery eyes when their houses were looted ... I can see why this should be changed.

But maybe some people here will support my idea to go back to the old key-copy behavior for PUBLIC houses. I mean public houses should not be lockable anyway so there's house looting risk. And this would make my super nice public lockpick house come true !

Thanks for hatching !
  2. kendro

kendro Member

I have a lockpick house set up too. maybe instead of risking everyones loot in their houses we just offer to meet up with people and offer what we already used to raise our skill. I'm pretty easy going and as of right now my small house has very little in there that i'm worried about being loot and I can lockdown anything else. Just saying I'm here to help people lvl their skill to if the help is wanted and I have no worries about that house being looted and I'll just take my time to make copies of the keys myself if people really want to do this maybe with two of us doing something like this it won't be so much for one person to do. just an offer of help to a great shard. if there is some other way i might help please say it. right now i'm pretty free to do whatever.
  3. Wodan

Wodan Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Public houses can _ordinarily_ not be locked anyway so I don't see any reason why locked down keys in public houses should unreachable for copying.
  4. kendro

kendro Member

oh I see now. I would say it's a programing thing. thanks again for the provoke house got my gm provoke now :)
  5. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor
    Renaissance Volunteers

Yes you can lock public houses, its a trick but lots of us know it and do it

Since you only need a limited # of boxes to GM, not a real need for a LP house with tons of boxes. many just make a throw away tinker at 30, then 50 skill. Raise DH when stuck, then buy a GM box to finish it off.

Put your keys on a key ring and friend folks to the house as needed. I would bet the demand is manageable at this stage of Server growth

and Kendro, carriage returns are your friend... just saying
  6. kendro

kendro Member

lost me at carriage bud
  7. LanDarr

Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor
    Renaissance Volunteers

Old typewriter term (yeah I am that old) its the return key :)
  8. kendro

kendro Member

rofl so you mean add some space

in between my lines

maybe for the eyes

of old folks ;) lol

we all get there i'm not far away

np bud suppose it is easier to read.
    LanDarr likes this.
  9. LanDarr

Renaissance Staff