Disco vs Provo Tamer

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by David Scraggs, Dec 20, 2021.

1. David Scraggs

David Scraggs Well-Known Member

Had this template.

Taming
    Lore
    Vet
    Mage
    Anat
    Maces
    Tactics

Mare would tank and pots for heals etc. It was fun but I decided to go bard tamer.

Taming
    Lore
    Vet
    Mage
    Medit
    Music
    Provo/disco

Stats are 70/100/50

Any suggestions?
  2. Dream Weaver

Dream Weaver Well-Known Member

Regarding skills on a tamer, if it's your first, I'd suggest Provo. Provo occupies multiple mobs agro and can keep damage off your dragons. It's by far the most versatile of the bard skills. Disco is cool too, but can always be added to a different character. Essentially what it boils down to is that most places you will be hunting have multiple monster mobs, and Provo is best for multiples.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
    David Scraggs likes this.
  3. David Scraggs

Thats a very good point too. I could also drop med and add disco later and run a gate bot from Ipad or something.
  4. Blendax

Blendax Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

You can always scrap med and do both disco AND provo. The obvious downside, though is you'll need a high mana pool and have to be careful with gating (make sure you gate with enough mana to gate back out if necessary).
    David Scraggs likes this.
  5. Carm

Carm Active Member
    UO:R Donor

I have found provo tamers get me out of more jams than disco. Disco is great for farming single high end mobs (and bosses) but with those come lots of attention from people who want your loot. Additionally, you can always build another tamer with disco and have 2 boxes with the best of both worlds.
  6. David Scraggs

I was just thinking about that and using a gate character with a rune in the farming area for a quick escape. I could drop dex to 90 and add 10 to int. 60 mana. After running through titans in despise last night I only used gate, greater heal and cure. In fact I didnt even provo anything and only had a mare and dragon. Good animals but untrained. They demolished everything with ease. Forgot my instrument lol