done

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by Gideon Jura, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Gideon Jura

Gideon Jura Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  2. LanDarr

LanDarr Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff
    Senior Counselor
    Renaissance Volunteers

WoW...

Best wishes to you and your family. I always thought of you as a fixture here and am sorry to see you go. But you do have your priorities straight.

Family first... second... and always...

Good travels to you, may our paths cross again.
  3. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Farewell brother, please stop by and see us when you have a mind to. You will be sorely missed but anyone who doesn't understand that RL comes first, just simply doesn't get it. Thanks for all the good times and good deeds, often gone unknown but certainly not unnoticed.
  4. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member

Goodbye, Gideon :cry: Having a young one myself, I totally understand and I hope that you and your family can find some balance and peace.
  5. Samorite

Samorite Renaissance Game Master
    Renaissance Staff

Good luck god bless, and my thoughts are with you and your family.
  6. Vlar

Vlar Well-Known Member

In my time here you stood out to me as one of the real quality players here. The shard as a whole loses quite a bit to see you go. BUT! Myself and Atraxi shall carry-on in your spirit with our new player housing and incredibly anal decorating. I wish you and your family all the best as well, you're all in my thoughts.

Fare thee well Sir Gideon of Jura, you will be greatly missed!
  7. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member

Thanks for all you've done my friend. Best of wishes to you and your family. I know how hard these situations can be.

Thanks for everything you've done for me and thanks for being part of the UO I will always remember. The shard will truly miss you. Please stop by from time to time to say hello and keep those close to you updated.

Best of luck

- HC
  8. Dalavar

Dalavar Well-Known Member

Wow, tough news, and best of luck. Glad I bumped into you while you were here, and I'm sure I am not alone among the folks you've had a very positive impact on.
  9. Miller-

Miller- Active Member

Thanks for sharing Gideon, I was wondering where you had gone off to! So sorry to hear about your sons condition -- all of those feelings about the unknown future must be extremely difficult to deal with at times I bet. As you have clearly shown yourself as someone that likes to help and serve others, your son is very fortunate to have you as a father -- make him your mission and reap the reward of having a son look at you the way only a son can. Mine is turning 8 next month, the time sure flies!

Keep an eye on that rare guide - we'll finish it while you refocus on some of the real life stuff --- don't write us off forever, many of us here won't be writing you off. :)

Hang in there bud - those sinking feelings of uncertainty will fade! Take care

-Miller
  10. ReZon

ReZon Well-Known Member

Gideon, I hate to see you go, but (without going into details) can understand where you are coming from.

You have made your mark on this shard, and your name will be known for as long as the server goes on. We will finish that Rares Guide in your honor! :D

Best of luck in everything you do... You will be missed here!

-ReZon
  11. Ciet

Ciet Active Member

Gideon,

First I want to say, thank you for your contributions to this community. I can't say I understand, because the feelings that you are feeling are probably gut wrenching. As a nurse, I try to understand what people are thinking and try to help people cope or at least offer someone who can. You are a father, and have been given a hard set of circumstances. It sounds like you are moving in the right direction, and although it pains me as a member of this community to see you go, I am happy you chose family over us, and from me to you I consider you a great father for the decision! That is the way it is supposed to be.

Good luck to you, sir, and please check in from time to time.
    Ciet
  12. Markos

Markos Well-Known Member

Gideon,

I 100% think you are making the correct decision by putting your family first and I admire you for being able to set your priorities where they should be because many people can't seem to get that part of life right. Having a 2 year old myself, I can somewhat understand how you feel and I wish you and your family the best.

The UO:R community as well as myself will greatly miss you. You have been a KEY contributor to the success this shard has seen and I'm sure many other people would agree with that statement. I have enjoyed what time we got to play UO together and chatting with you on IRC from time to time. I hate to see you leave but it is great to see you make the right choice. Take care friend.
  13. Mes

Mes Well-Known Member

You are a class act Gideon and we'll miss you. Best wishes to you and your family. You know we'll be here and would gladly play with you again (or chat on irc.)
  14. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

My prayers are with you and your family.
  15. Zagyg

Zagyg Active Member

16. AlexCCCP

AlexCCCP Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for your contributions to UOR, our lil world is worse without you.
  17. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Always put family first. Sucks that you can't be a part of this place but I totally see where you're coming from. You sir are a damn good man and will be sorely missed! Only the best wishes for you and your family.
  18. Cynic

Cynic Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear the news, Gideon. You were a great contribution to the server and it sucks to lose another great player.

Take care of your family and yourself.
  19. Jack of Shadows

Jack of Shadows Well-Known Member

Farewell Gideon, I'll miss our banter :(
  20. [Mobolin]

[Mobolin] Active Member

Gideon...I am truly saddened to hear not only of your departure, but also of your real-life battle. I will miss our chats and running into you in-game. You've been a very important part to a friendly, helpful foundation that has helped take this shard from our Beta days to the virtual powerhouse it is now.

I will always remember your MTG map, and your many guides and donations. I will always remember your unwavering devotion to the Virtues of Light. I will always remember your friendly demeanor, and epic IRC debates (and forums posts too!).

/me sheds memory tears

But seriously...I obviously respect your decision, but you will be sorely missed.

I'll miss ya Gid bud...I wish you and your family all of the best that life has to offer.

- Mobo

P.S. - May it always be known, from now until the end of this servers LONG life, that NO ONE has, or ever will, dominate the Masonry ingots like Gideon "Mo-Fugga" Jura.
    Traviesty likes this.