Ending the Beta and Going Live

Discussion in 'Shard News' started by Chris, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Chris

Chris Renaissance Staff
    Renaissance Staff

Today will be the last day in the Beta Phase of the Renaissance server. We committed to a date 2 months ago, and while we have lots to fix still we see no reason to stay in beta any longer. All of our major goals have been accomplished that we had decided were critical to finishing the beta phase.

Keep in mind starting tomorrow several things can be disabled while we finish up bug fixes and troubleshooting. These items should be detailed in this thread, so please take a moment to look it over before reporting any bugs. We fully expect to spend the next 6 plus months getting everything just right. So just because the beta is over does not mean that the coding is finished.
    Renaissance Future Project List

So now for the fine points.
    • Tonight the server will go down at 12pm cst per our normal schedule. (1am est, 11pm mnt, 10pm pac)
    • The server will be down for approximately 5-15 minutes.
    • We will be moving the live data to a test server so that staff can complete the purge.
    • All Items will be removed from the server with the exception of clothing, runebooks and spellbooks.
    • Players will be able to view the process of the purge by using the various web resources available below.
    • Players will be given an amount of gold equal to the amount of gold/items they received when creating their characters.
    • Should any accounts be determined to have exploited our 2 account limit, these accounts could be flagged for review during the process. These accounts/characters will not receive their starter gold util they are verified to be in compliance with our account policies.
    • Name change requests MUST be in by 12 pm cst in order to be allowed. (When the server goes down initially)
    • The purge will take 4-24 hours depending on how long it takes us to make 1000% sure that no items were missed.
    • During the purge players will be able to log into the server, running in a test mode to goof off, test templates and run wild. No actions taken during this time will affect the live server data.

Once the purge is complete the following will happen
    • Announcements of a expected live time will be made on the forums, IRC channel and ingame.
    • We expect this to be sometime Saturday morning/afternoon allowing for as much weekend play time as possible.
    • The test server will go down for around 15 minutes while we transfer over the live data and run a quick internal test.
    • After this is complete the server will be live, all items purged and players will be able to log in.
    • All characters will receive the "Beta Tester" Achievement on the website.
    • Housing will be open in the designated green zones as shown here, however the bulk of the housing will open as per our land rush system. (Expect more details on that soon)
    • Daily restarts will move to 6am cst. However this could change to a weekly restart system soon.

The Renaissance AFK Gathering/Selling Prevention system will be implemented once the server goes live. So if you are mining, chopping, fishing, selling, shearing or any other activities as stated in the rules please do so attended. Details of this system will be posted shortly.

And finally I would like to take a moment to thank all of our beta testers for their support and dedication to macro'ing furiously. Seriously though, what was initially planned as a nice private beta where we could casually work through problems and grow slowly has resulted in a one of the top 10 most active servers in the free shard world.

I would like to thank everyone for their hard work, kind words and fantastic bug reports. As we move into the live phase of Renaissance we intend to continue towards our goal of "History Perfected" that we set for ourselves 3 months ago.
    Kiryana likes this.
  2. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

3. Mikanele

Mikanele New Member

Boooyah!!!! GO UOR!!!
  4. Dybbuk

Dybbuk New Member

^^ :mrgreen:
  5. Blaise

Blaise Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

Hail Yeah!
  6. HateCrime

HateCrime Well-Known Member
    UO:R Donor

LOL. You nerd
  7. Wise

Wise Well-Known Member

Thank you Chris and everyone else on staff, I have had nothing but fun since starting up. Looking forward to going live and getting killed by rival factions/guilds and the ever friendly UO spawn.

Cheers all!

PS.

Go Adventure Time! - - - HAIL YEAH! :cool:
  8. Rainbow

Rainbow Member

I know for the staff it probably seems like it hasn't been long enough lol. But for me personally it seems like its been forever. I am extremely excited that I was invited to Beta test and play here. I have nothing to say but great things about UO:R, the Staff, and the players who have been here!

Hats off to everyone who made this possible. Fantastic job on everything that has been accomplished!
  9. Duffrey

Duffrey Member

Thanks all for the hard work during beta for making this a fun place to play. :D
  10. newme

newme Well-Known Member

I'm so excited. Thanks so much for everything guys. Going live will be such fun, I appreciate being invited to both the
    first test and the beta
    Great work staff, each and everyone of you deserve a well earned pat on back

:}
  11. Gharik

Gharik Active Member

Well done guys... Server launch should go smoothly. Thanks for this opportunity!

Well... 3:30 AM here, off to work. Hope to catch you guys on the flip side.
  12. Wulver

Wulver Well-Known Member

This is awesome! I can't wait to start in a world without pollution!
  13. Zyler

Zyler Well-Known Member

Yes, thanks to all those that are making this possible. It's like Christmas morning and you're waiting for your parents to get up =)