Eval and Ana and some other.

Discussion in 'Renaissance Discussion' started by fotsvett, Aug 16, 2015.

1. fotsvett

fotsvett New Member

Heya everyone!

Im pretty new here and are trying to figure some stuff, I have read that Eval int and Ana together will work as defensive wrestling.
    Will this work with a weapon in hand, or is it just good when unarmed?
    Would this be good to combine with parry carrying a shield for extra defens?
    Do you already have the defensiv bonus with another melee skill + ana than wrestling?

Is parry a good skill on this shard on a melee char?

Im in a need of a good template for PVM, a dexxor. Since I cant pvp I just need a good defens so I might have luck to recall away without getting disrupted from pk:s attacking in the dungeon.
    Any good tips on this.

What should I do, what temp should I go for?
  2. wylwrk

wylwrk Well-Known Member

Heya everyone!

Hi!

Im pretty new here and are trying to figure some stuff, I have read that Eval int and Ana together will work as defensive wrestling.

Yes. I think the working formula for that here is (Evalint + Anatomy)/2. You may be used to the old (Evaluating Intelligence + Anatomy + 20) / 2 which I'm just not seeing on my Test Center experiments.

Will this work with a weapon in hand, or is it just good when unarmed?

Defensive wrestling? Unarmed.

Would this be good to combine with parry carrying a shield for extra defens?

That's subjective and very situational. I'm not touching this one.... sorry.

Do you already have the defensiv bonus with another melee skill + ana than wrestling?

I'm not sure what you're asking here.

Is parry a good skill on this shard on a melee char?

I'll be in the minority here but, yes... I think it "can be" for certain builds (PvM) that will hunt in a group with fulfilled/assigned roles (which is damned fun by the way)
    Overall though, no.

Im in a need of a good template for PVM, a dexxor. Since I cant pvp I just need a good defens so I might have luck to recall away without getting disrupted from pk:s attacking in the dungeon.
    Any good tips on this.
    What should I do, what temp should I go for?

Musicianship
    Peacemaking
    Tactics
    Weaponskill (I suggest fencing)
    Anatomy
    Healing
    Last skill is your choice.

... a mix of mage/med for recalling around

or... if you happen to make yourself a Taxi mage on another account to gate you places...

Magic Resist
    Provocation (this works really well for me)
    Hiding? ... meh

I personally don't waste points on magery just for recalls. I don't mind pk's either. I dump off my loot often enough that if it's a pk that I "like", I simply let them kill me.
    They need to have some fun too. The only thing they pull from my dexxer is some bandages, a throwaway power weapon, and a few potions.

I don't wear armor on a bard warrior. Yeah I said it.

This character is very cheap, easy as heck to train, and quite effective.

Anyway... G'luck.

fotsvett, ReZon and Basoosh like this.
  3. Andersonius

Andersonius Well-Known Member
    UO:R Subscriber

To Answer the one thing that was not answered previously; no, having a melee skill and anat does nothing for defensive wrestling. Eval and anat is the only skill combo that gives defensive wrestling.

Also defensive wrestling is for when your hands are emtpy to having a shield in your hand would negate that.

Have fun!
    fotsvett likes this.
  4. fotsvett

fotsvett New Member

Awesome answer, thanks alot for your reply, really appriciate it.
    A taxi sounds good, then there is 100 free points and I dont have to think about int either.

What I meant by having a weapon yielded, wepskill and anatomy was if I get some kind of defensbonus out of that.

Thanks again, peace dexxor it is, sounds like a really good start farming char ☺
    wylwrk likes this.
  5. fotsvett

fotsvett New Member

Thanks a bunch for your reply,I understand it that you have to be unarmed and when I come to think of it is that if I take up some magery on my char he will always be unarmed while casting, thats where wrestling or defensiv wrestling comes in handy :)

Thx
    wylwrk likes this.